February 21, 2020, 05:59:08 AM

Poll

I'll be happy if we finish

Top half table - we've still got a lot of work to do
Top 6 / Europe - we're too close now
Top 4 / Champions League - dude, 5 pts

Author Topic: What is the minimum outcome you expect this season now?  (Read 3600 times)

February 13, 2020, 12:12:45 AM
Reply #60

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
If we finish in European places it will be some achievement by Carlo considering we bought no one and he is getting a tune out of players we had written off

Silva was some joker

"Hes a thread killer. Like the threads are technically active but he seems to suck the life out of them. Hes high maintenance and I think my type of personality is massively turned off by that sort of annoying antics."

"Yeah, i kinda gone right off Yankee. Annoying."

February 13, 2020, 02:48:10 AM
Reply #61

formerKHL

me and you to agree on something mate...

xGA says we wont..probably..

February 13, 2020, 03:53:09 AM
Reply #62

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
 :hug:bFind it hard to believe that nine people expect us to finish top four, really ?..
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 01:27:56 PM by Escla »

February 13, 2020, 04:02:26 AM
Reply #63

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
No expectations really. new manager, lots of injuries and squad churn to come, change in system and a really poor start to the year...years basically a write off that the new manager has managed to turn into a sort of rally of optimism. To place expectations on a man one month into the job would be unfair and unhelpful.

I do have hopes though. I would LOVE Europa. 7th would be a fantastic achievement. Break 50 points. Take it a game at a time, let Carlo introduce his system and try different combinations of players and tactics.

If we got 7th I would be bowled over.

If we got anything above that then you would have to build him a statue to be quite honest.

Anything inside top 10 would be kinda fine considering the year we've had.

Anything outside top 10 well...I would be disappointed but he's not going to continue at this pace for the rest of his time here. there will be rough patches. There will be upsets and bad losses.

It's important we just remember where we've come from this year and focus on the project ahead.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 13, 2020, 11:15:30 PM
Reply #64

Bally

Administrator
How hard would everyone laugh if I told you I put a small bet on us finishing top 4.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

February 13, 2020, 11:41:13 PM
Reply #65

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

February 13, 2020, 11:43:34 PM
Reply #66

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
How hard would everyone laugh if I told you I put a small bet on us finishing top 4.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Not at all, I took the bet, remember? :D
"Hes a thread killer. Like the threads are technically active but he seems to suck the life out of them. Hes high maintenance and I think my type of personality is massively turned off by that sort of annoying antics."

"Yeah, i kinda gone right off Yankee. Annoying."

February 14, 2020, 12:13:00 AM
Reply #67

Toffee Tuesdays

Is the title beyond us now?

Not at all!

We just need 39 pts out of the 39 remaining and hope they don't pick up more than 1 point.  If they pick up 2 points then we need to worry about goal differential

February 14, 2020, 03:23:25 AM
Reply #68

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
With the amount of injuries, easy to forget we've missed our first choice central midfield for most of the season, and the turmoil and bitterness that the end of Silva brought, we should be happy with anything above 9th.
I'm dreaming of Europe as it will keep the Ancelotti narrative moving forward. I think he'll attract players no matter what but the carrot of Europe would certainly help.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 04:43:57 AM by Mouse »
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

February 14, 2020, 04:41:33 AM
Reply #69

Evertonian in NC

The "minimum" I would accept is really just the continued employ of Marcel Brands and Don Carlo.  They've changed our horizons completely.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

February 14, 2020, 04:49:09 AM
Reply #70

Undisputed_blue

Funny thing is we might have been in fourth place if it weren't for VARs and the dropped two points against Newcastle. Even higher if we had beat the likes of Aston Villa, Norwich City and Sheffield Utd.

So fourth place is a possibility.

February 14, 2020, 06:31:55 PM
Reply #71

Lxxx

Funny thing is we might have been in fourth place if it weren't for VARs and the dropped two points against Newcastle. Even higher if we had beat the likes of Aston Villa, Norwich City and Sheffield Utd.

So fourth place is a possibility.

If we had beaten those clubs we wouldn't have Ancelotti at the helm.

February 14, 2020, 08:14:57 PM
Reply #72

Toddacelli

Gold Medal at Fashion Week

Miami Open Skidoo Trophy

Best Supporting Actor for a real-life remake of South Park

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 14, 2020, 11:08:56 PM
Reply #73

Bluedylan

It's probably unfair, and it won't extend to any criticism of Ancelotti at all from me, but I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't get Europe now, if I'm honest. Not afraid of any of the teams we have to play, even the other lot. The other teams going for Europe will drop plenty of points as well as us, so no reason we can't get Europa.

Champs League is pie in the sky for me. Not that we're too far behind on points, but I couldn't see us finishing ahead of all of those teams, whereas 5th-7th feels quite achievable to me, and then we have to hope that the EL places go down that far.

I'm not expecting or demanding any minimum though. Just glad we're moving in a better direction generally.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 14, 2020, 11:36:03 PM
Reply #74

Shogun

Administrator
It's probably unfair, and it won't extend to any criticism of Ancelotti at all from me, but I'll be a bit disappointed if we don't get Europe now, if I'm honest. Not afraid of any of the teams we have to play, even the other lot. The other teams going for Europe will drop plenty of points as well as us, so no reason we can't get Europa.

Champs League is pie in the sky for me. Not that we're too far behind on points, but I couldn't see us finishing ahead of all of those teams, whereas 5th-7th feels quite achievable to me, and then we have to hope that the EL places go down that far.

I'm not expecting or demanding any minimum though. Just glad we're moving in a better direction generally.

As enjoyable as things have been under Carlo, I just don't think we've done enough to suggest that we can expect Europe.

We've beaten Burnley, Watford, Brighton and Newcastle and drew with Newcastle and West Ham in terms of the points we've won under him which is great but I won't be at all convinced we're capable of Europe until we do literally anything against the sides above us (around us), starting with Arsenal next week.
Finally found the thread where I said Deulofeu wasn't all that.

We will see in a few years where he is at. I'm betting he'll be at a worse club than Everton rather than at Barcelona.

Currently at Watford.