February 25, 2020, 04:55:26 AM

Author Topic: a Nigerian a dieheart Everton fan,  (Read 1232 times)

February 14, 2020, 09:46:41 PM
Read 1232 times

Dagilo PROSPER

how can we the Evertonian in Nigeria be recognized by the Everton family

Sent from my itel W6001 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

February 14, 2020, 10:47:03 PM
Reply #1

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Speak to the other continental support clubs and ask advice about setting one up in Nigeria yourself?

https://www.evertonfc.com/club/supporters-clubs/supporters-clubs-directory

That lists contacts from all over - seems South Africa is the only country in Africa to have a full & proper supports club.

February 14, 2020, 10:51:01 PM
Reply #2

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Welcome!

There's been a big connection with Everton and Nigeria over the last 25 years or so hasn't there

Daniel Amokachi was adored, Joseph Yobo was a big part of the team for a long time, The Yak smashed them in for us, Big Vic was a bit of a cult hero and now Naija boy himself, Alex Iwobi is in the house!

have always had a soft spot for Nigeria. also the new kits are ace

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

February 14, 2020, 11:29:04 PM
Reply #3

The Analog Kid

NSNO Subscriber
Welcome!

There's been a big connection with Everton and Nigeria over the last 25 years or so hasn't there

Daniel Amokachi was adored, Joseph Yobo was a big part of the team for a long time, The Yak smashed them in for us, Big Vic was a bit of a cult hero and now Naija boy himself, Alex Iwobi is in the house!

....not forgetting Onyekuru

February 14, 2020, 11:30:52 PM
Reply #4

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Welcome!

Impressive how they keep making better kit designs for Nigeria each and every time.

February 14, 2020, 11:56:05 PM
Reply #5

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Welcome!

Joey Yobo is the best centre half Ive seen play for us and i will die on that hill.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

February 15, 2020, 12:37:48 AM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

Barkley's dad was Nigerian as well, wasn't he?
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 15, 2020, 01:22:58 AM
Reply #7

Jamokachi

Barkley's dad was Nigerian as well, wasn't he?

Grandfather, I think.

February 15, 2020, 01:30:39 AM
Reply #8

sam of the south

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

February 15, 2020, 02:38:04 AM
Reply #9

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I met Joseph Yobo once. He shook my hand and signed my programme.

That's it. That's all I have.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

February 15, 2020, 04:51:11 AM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Loved Joey Yobo and have a soft spot for Nigeria myself. I remember watching nwanku kanu score a great goal in the Olympics when he was v young.

My old champ man sides used to be stacked with nigerians... Taribo west, Yobo, bakayoko, kanu and okocha.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 15, 2020, 04:56:46 AM
Reply #11

sam of the south

Loved Joey Yobo and have a soft spot for Nigeria myself. I remember watching nwanku kanu score a great goal in the Olympics when he was v young.

My old champ man sides used to be stacked with nigerians... Taribo west, Yobo, bakayoko, kanu and okocha.

The jealousy I felt when Arsenal had this

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

February 18, 2020, 04:33:37 PM
Reply #12

Toddacelli

Yes yes! Taribo West from the Football Italia days in the 90's!

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool acio! cio! cio! cio!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

February 18, 2020, 07:04:15 PM
Reply #13

bigmanbob

Joey Yobo is the best centre half Ive seen play for us and i will die on that hill.
That's a mighty bold statement but I'm struggling to come up with alternative's other than
Jagielka
Weir
Gough
Distin
Lescott
Stubbs
Stones
Heitinga

I'm not saying all of the above were better than him but would argue Jags and arguably Distin were

February 18, 2020, 07:32:12 PM
Reply #14

Smingers

I remember we conceded a goal to Charlton because Yobo was tying his bootlace and the ball rolled past him. Other than that he was really good for us until the latter stages of his time with us. I hated that every season he was linked with a move to arsenal though.