February 25, 2020, 06:43:44 AM

Author Topic: Champions League next season?  (Read 4375 times)

February 15, 2020, 12:38:28 AM
Read 4375 times

hannu

February 15, 2020, 12:38:43 AM
Reply #1

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
With City being banned from CL for the next 2 seasons does that mean 5th place this year will get CL football?

5th place is definitely possible for us isnt it?

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 15, 2020, 12:39:49 AM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
What??????????

Chances of that being overturned?
Finally found the thread where I said Deulofeu wasn't all that.

We will see in a few years where he is at. I'm betting he'll be at a worse club than Everton rather than at Barcelona.

Currently at Watford.

February 15, 2020, 12:41:00 AM
Reply #3

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

February 15, 2020, 12:41:32 AM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
To be fair if there's one set of fans not arsed about being banned from the champions league then it's City fans.

We will see in a few years where he is at. I'm betting he'll be at a worse club than Everton rather than at Barcelona.

Currently at Watford.

February 15, 2020, 12:43:17 AM
Reply #5

mikey_blue

What did they do?

Thatís a proper punishment, that.

February 15, 2020, 12:46:25 AM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator
What did they do?

Thatís a proper punishment, that.

Uefa got wind they might sign Messi in the summer

Currently at Watford.

February 15, 2020, 12:46:26 AM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

Probably be overturned or reduced on appeal.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 15, 2020, 12:50:08 AM
Reply #8

Gash

Global Moderator
Quite right aswell. The Etihad deal wreaked right from the start. An airline with links to the owner that had never turned a profit throwing something like £400m at a club was always going to raise eyebrows.

Anyone expecting over inflated Usmanov sponsorship deals might be disappointed.

February 15, 2020, 12:50:12 AM
Reply #9

indiantoffee1975

Nah. Be overturned. Probably just an increased fine.

February 15, 2020, 12:51:46 AM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
Probably be overturned or reduced on appeal.

Haven't they already had a suspended ban and fine for previous financial irregularities?

February 15, 2020, 12:56:58 AM
Reply #11

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Haven't they already had a suspended ban and fine for previous financial irregularities?

I believe so...but I'm fairly certain I heard it from someone who heard it...you know how it goes.
Annoying some, pleasing others. Just being me, the GIF master.

February 15, 2020, 01:00:20 AM
Reply #12

Paddockoldie

Uh? Corruption from a Saudi Royal Family? Yer kidding me surely? Hope Pep doesn't need a visa from the embassy if it turns sour. The club's been bent since it was bought out imo.

February 15, 2020, 01:00:26 AM
Reply #13

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Their statement

Manchester City is disappointed but not surprised by todayís announcement by the UEFA Adjudicatory Chamber. The Club has always anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body and process to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence in support of its position.

In December 2018, the UEFA Chief Investigator publicly previewed the outcome and sanction he intended to be delivered to Manchester City, before any investigation had even begun. The subsequent flawed and consistently leaked UEFA process he oversaw has meant that there was little doubt in the result that he would deliver.  The Club has formally complained to the UEFA Disciplinary body, a complaint which was validated by a CAS ruling. 

Simply put, this is a case initiated by UEFA, prosecuted by UEFA and judged by UEFA. With this prejudicial process now over, the Club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 15, 2020, 01:02:32 AM
Reply #14

Bluedylan

They've probably done it, but might get away with it because UEFA have handled it incompetently.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.