February 21, 2020, 05:45:33 AM

Author Topic: Champions League next season?  (Read 4120 times)

February 15, 2020, 01:36:12 AM
Reply #30

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It'd be kinda funny if they went and won it this year.

February 15, 2020, 01:47:39 AM
Reply #31

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Probably get knocked out to a group of Shakhtar, Genk and Bate Borisov knowing us.

More likely knocked out by The New Saints in the Qualifiers tbf.

February 15, 2020, 01:48:51 AM
Reply #32

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
To be honest, I kinda think it's almost as likely that this ban comes into effect as it is they take it to court and try and get the whole FFP laws overturned themselves.

Always kinda thought if it came to this sort of action the clubs would contest the legality of the laws themselves.

February 15, 2020, 01:50:14 AM
Reply #33

Dr. Sponge

I can see it  now...

City banned from Europe.

Everton finish 5th.

Extra Champions League place given to French league.

February 15, 2020, 02:33:29 AM
Reply #34

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Do or die for Pep. If City get knocked out this year, you can see him quitting.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

February 15, 2020, 02:39:43 AM
Reply #35

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Quite right aswell. The Etihad deal wreaked right from the start. An airline with links to the owner that had never turned a profit throwing something like £400m at a club was always going to raise eyebrows.

Anyone expecting over inflated Usmanov sponsorship deals might be disappointed.
as long as he is not a related party he can do whatever he wants.. Sure Moshiri has done his homework Usmanov won't buy shares until he has pumped enough money into the club. Moshiri won't be allowed to pay 30 mill for an option.. Usmanov will
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 02:42:09 AM by Polledreng »

February 15, 2020, 02:40:21 AM
Reply #36

velimski

So if this is upheld, does that mean 5th place gets champions league, or will it only be 3 teams?

February 15, 2020, 02:40:57 AM
Reply #37

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
They will appeal it
Nowt happening here
Simply simply lovely

February 15, 2020, 02:49:14 AM
Reply #38

Gash

Global Moderator
as long as he is not a related party he can do whatever he wants.. Sure Moshiri has done his homework Usmanov won't buy shares until he has pumped enough money into the club. Moshiri won't be allowed to pay 30 mill for an option.. Usmanov will

No he can't. He can put in money within reason, he can't just pump in an inflated sponsorship deals though. Plus he's a businessman, he's not just going to keep pumping money in with no chance of a return, he loves money, not Everton.

February 15, 2020, 03:01:27 AM
Reply #39

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Do or die for Pep. If City get knocked out this year, you can see him quitting.

He's there until next season, Man City will appeal so I doubt much changes near term. Not going to make recruitment easy though.

February 15, 2020, 03:14:36 AM
Reply #40

Macca77

Really don't get why shite fans are made up about this

February 15, 2020, 03:16:50 AM
Reply #41

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 15, 2020, 03:21:17 AM
Reply #42

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

February 15, 2020, 03:22:56 AM
Reply #43

Lxxx

Also, to be honest, I don't like the motivations behind this which surely is just to make sure the same old big clubs (Manchester Utd, Milan, etc etc)  that were big when FFP came in get to remain at the top table forever.

I don't particularly have an issue that an owner puts money into the club, compared to the idea that only clubs with an existing huge global fanbase get to ring fence their income forever.

How were Man City ever going to compete at that level otherwise? It'd have been genuinely impossible.

Spot on. Who are UEFA to tell people what to do with their money.

Man U are debt-ridden with a crumbling stadium, Barca are broke and Munich are being pushed this year to maintain their dominance.

Why shouldn’t football embrace more money and competition into the game. This doesn’t bode well for our hoped financial input by Usmanov, or anyone else outside the established elite who wants to have any aspirations of success.

I hope it’s overturned and they get reinstated, for the good of the game albeit not for our European hopes this season.

February 15, 2020, 03:26:39 AM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Will likely be overturned, reduced or suspended upon appeal.

But. But...

Imagine 5th gets you CL. Instant rocket fuel on the moshiri project if somehow we managed that.

I would honestly be shocked if we got 7th nvm 5th but Jesus what it would do for this club...
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.