NSNO Subscriber
Should be in line for one final extension it would seem

Pretty much a no brainier considering hes the best footballer at the club

https://twitter.com/livechoefc/status/1235088836817850369?s=21

March 05, 2020, 03:28:46 PM
Reply #1

The Analog Kid

Love Baines.

Great player, loyal to us when he was possibly being touted for moves elsewhere. Great taste in music too.

March 05, 2020, 03:31:05 PM
Reply #2

sixymack

One more year and then hopefully a coaching role with us as well.

March 05, 2020, 03:42:23 PM
Reply #3

Macca77

My favourite player, deserves a statue at Bramley Moore

March 05, 2020, 03:46:50 PM
Reply #4

The Analog Kid

Just need Brands to locate the whereabouts of Pienaar and we're laughing for 20/21

March 05, 2020, 03:55:03 PM
Reply #5

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Just need Brands to locate the whereabouts of Pienaar and we're laughing for 20/21
I've found him - just in front of Baines - no need to send for Brands

March 05, 2020, 04:08:02 PM
Reply #6

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'd like him to get a year just on the off chance we win something next year (I know) I would want to see Leighton baines lifting it up
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 05, 2020, 07:04:27 PM
Reply #7

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I wish I had gotten to see his best years, but its really easy to see why he's so revered & loved, and that tells me all I need to know. I've always loved the guys who epitomize what it means to be a [insert sports team name]. They're the best kinds of guys to root for.
Playing FM20 24/7.

March 05, 2020, 07:35:14 PM
Reply #8

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I wish I had gotten to see his best years, but its really easy to see why he's so revered & loved, and that tells me all I need to know. I've always loved the guys who epitomize what it means to be a [insert sports team name]. They're the best kinds of guys to root for.

See everyone going on about Alexander Arnold? Well Baines was twice as good, putting up better numbers in a much worse side.

He was the original full back playmaker. Need a goal? Get the ball to that left flank lads, let Baines and pienaar do their stuff.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 05, 2020, 08:02:58 PM
Reply #9

Major Clanger

NSNO Subscriber
See everyone going on about Alexander Arnold? Well Baines was twice as good, putting up better numbers in a much worse side.

He was the original full back playmaker. Need a goal? Get the ball to that left flank lads, let Baines and pienaar do their stuff.

And he single-handedly made the "full back underlap" a thing.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

March 05, 2020, 08:15:39 PM
Reply #10

Gash

Global Moderator
He's shown this season that he's still capable of holding his own at this level. We're not going to get 25-30 games out of him but he's played well when called upon and providing Digne stays fit we wouldn't need to get those kind of games from him anyway.

Give him another year, it means left back 'cover' is covered and and we don't need to go out and buy someone, he won't be on a fortune either. Plus I'm still not mentally prepared from him to leave yet and that's going to take some more time. :(

March 05, 2020, 08:23:36 PM
Reply #11

Evertonian in NC

I hope he will never wear another shirt.  He can still handle things, at least on a short-medium term basis.  Would be crucial if we made Europe, too.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

March 05, 2020, 08:31:50 PM
Reply #12

Bally

Administrator

Add his almost impeccable penalty record

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

March 05, 2020, 08:41:35 PM
Reply #13

Macca77

His free kicks as well, the 2 away at West Ham and the screamer at Newcastle

March 05, 2020, 08:57:46 PM
Reply #14

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
His free kicks as well, the 2 away at West Ham and the screamer at Newcastle
Newcastle one is one of my favourite free kick strikes of all time...... perfect technique

feature=youtu.be
Simply simply lovely