July 15, 2020, 01:29:30 AM

Author Topic: Baines  (Read 3915 times)

March 05, 2020, 09:45:57 PM
Reply #15

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I’m certain he would have been loved by England fans too if he hadn’t been in the same era of Ashley Cole, who was also a fabulous full back.

March 05, 2020, 09:57:38 PM
Reply #16

Gash

Global Moderator
https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1636498/ancelotti-wants-to-offer-baines-new-everton-contract

:snigger:

“Maldini only stopped playing because eventually he had physical problems, he could have played more [in terms of ability].”

Ancelotti added with a smile: “Maldini won a Champions League when he was nearly 40 – so Leighton has time to win the Champions League.”

March 05, 2020, 10:08:54 PM
Reply #17

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Playing FM20 24/7.

March 05, 2020, 10:19:03 PM
Reply #18

Lxxx

Add his almost impeccable penalty record

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Which for some reason was pissed around with in the Martinez free-for-all period.

March 05, 2020, 11:29:11 PM
Reply #19

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Knew Carlo would love him.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

March 06, 2020, 12:50:04 AM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I wish I had gotten to see his best years, but its really easy to see why he's so revered & loved, and that tells me all I need to know. I've always loved the guys who epitomize what it means to be a [insert sports team name]. They're the best kinds of guys to root for.

When statsbomb first started using radars, Leighton Baines was there Full back example.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 06, 2020, 01:04:54 AM
Reply #21

ajax_andy

I kind of feel that Baines must be the most under appreciated player of his generation by fans outside of the club he plays for.

You have to think that if he'd played for Man U or Arsenal etc he'd be viewed in much higher regard.

He was an elite level player, and even now he still has that special something about him that he always possessed.

I hope he sticks around for another year, he's the last one of a team that you genuinely felt loved and played for the club, in another time surrounded by better players those players would have won the trophies they deserved

March 06, 2020, 01:24:27 AM
Reply #22

kramer0

Is he the best left back in the club's history?

March 06, 2020, 01:31:25 AM
Reply #23

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I love his hair. the change in styles is pretty iconic.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

March 06, 2020, 01:32:51 AM
Reply #24

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
My fave being...

Vamos lá Everton!

March 06, 2020, 01:33:05 AM
Reply #25

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
or...

Vamos lá Everton!

March 06, 2020, 01:35:46 AM
Reply #26

Gash

Global Moderator
Bet he can last all night in the sack, one wink to the Mrs and she'll be up the stairs quicker than you can say "Pickford's shite". :)

March 06, 2020, 01:36:18 AM
Reply #27

boothill

The fact that we had him at youth level and released him peeves one a bit

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

March 06, 2020, 01:45:16 AM
Reply #28

ajax_andy

Hard to say, in modern times 100% though.  Although I'm thinking back to Pistone and Nuno Valente as alternatives 🤣

Definitely better than Michael Ball going back further.

I guess.maybe Andy Hinchcliffe would be the one competing for that crown but although I started supporting us in 86 I was only 6, so other than him having an amazing wand of a left foot I can't remember enough to compare properly

March 06, 2020, 01:51:17 AM
Reply #29

boothill

That would be a good debate.  Certainly up there though

Sent from my POT-LX1 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app