October 21, 2020, 05:30:46 AM

Author Topic: Gabriel Magalhaes  (Read 35192 times)

March 06, 2020, 03:49:57 AM
Read 35192 times

mikey_blue

Everton are in talks to sign centre-back Gabriel Magalhaes from Lille. Talks between representatives and the club taking place this week. Lille will allow him to leave this summer if they receive an offer in the region of £25-£30m. (Source: The Independent)

6ft 2
good range of passing.

G'wed.

March 06, 2020, 04:14:57 AM
Reply #1

ajax_andy

If we get rid of Keane and bring this guy in we'd have CBs 22, 23 & 25.  That definitely fits in with Brands profile.  Only thing I'd worry about is Holgate and this guy together as such a young pairing?

Unless it's Mina as first choice, but I'm not convinced he's either that, nor good enough to be so.

March 06, 2020, 05:23:59 AM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

Everton are in talks to sign centre-back Gabriel Magalhaes from Lille.

The highly-rated Brazilian defender was subject to interest from Arsenal and offered to Tottenham in January, and several Premier League sides have maintained an interest in the 22-year-old.

The Independent understands Everton, who also registered an interest in January, were keen to move early and are now one of the frontrunners, with talks between representatives and the club taking place this week.

Gabriel, who joined Lille from Brazilian side Avia in 2016 for just £1.5m, has been a key member of the clubís Ligue 1 and Champions League campaigns, featuring in both group stage fixtures against Chelsea last year.

He signed a new deal with the French club amid outside interest, extending his contract until 2023, however, itís believed Lille will allow him to leave this summer if they receive a suitable offer, believed to be in the region of £25-30m.

Everton were quiet in the mid-season window but are now prepared to back technical director Marcel Brands and manager Carlo Ancelotti in the summer, with the Italian having already lifted the club from a near-relegation battle into contention for a European place during his short stint in charge.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 06, 2020, 05:55:10 AM
Reply #3

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Was rumours from certain itk's a few weeks ago that it was basically done.

He's also commented on richarlison and Yeraldo's insta in recent weeks.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 06, 2020, 06:39:58 AM
Reply #4

Thornton_19

Be a strong option if we get this lad in. Be especially good for iur depth if we make Europe

March 06, 2020, 05:36:49 PM
Reply #5

Free Agent

6ft 2Ē
How many Mason Holgates is that?  ???

March 06, 2020, 05:52:27 PM
Reply #6

Lxxx

Be a strong option if we get this lad in. Be especially good for iur depth if we make Europe

Be even better if we can get a club like Bournemouth/West Ham etc... to take Keane off our hands for similar money.

March 06, 2020, 06:21:03 PM
Reply #7

Juanito

Shall about Keane. Turns on a dustbin but would do well for a low block promoted side or back at Burnley.

March 06, 2020, 06:27:04 PM
Reply #8

Alanvideo

Shall about Keane. Turns on a dustbin but would do well for a low block promoted side or back at Burnley.
.....................doubt Burnley would want him back. They seem to be doing ok and been above us most of the season. 
We are special ,we are Everton.

March 15, 2020, 09:35:32 PM
Reply #10

Evertonian in NC

Young, athletic, pacy CBs is the way to go.  This would make me very happy, indeed.  Presuming we can bin Keane on a "low block" side, or just someone who needs more English players in their squad.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

March 15, 2020, 09:47:04 PM
Reply #11

Martip

Young, athletic, pacy CBs is the way to go.  This would make me very happy, indeed.  Presuming we can bin Keane on a "low block" side, or just someone who needs more English players in their squad.
Someone will take him I'm sure.
" All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

March 15, 2020, 10:08:12 PM
Reply #12

Cozzie

Be more than happy with this guy in and Keane out.

Mina, Holgate, Magalhaes with Gbamin an emergency 4th choice CB if needed.

March 15, 2020, 10:38:46 PM
Reply #13

GrantyBoy78

Heard last week this is a done deal.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

March 16, 2020, 12:03:33 AM
Reply #14

GrantyBoy78

Quick, massive unit, comfortable on the ball, young. Ticks all the boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums