August 11, 2020, 02:20:41 AM

Author Topic: Gabriel Magalhaes  (Read 24798 times)

Jimmywhack, Bitzer49 and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

August 01, 2020, 03:51:21 AM
Reply #225

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
It is a good read but there were a few bits in there that were a bit weird.  Like there was some criticism and one video example of him following a 'decoy run' with comments about how he needs to learn not to follow decoy runs.  Maybe I'm getting hung up on the terminology, but a decoy run is only a decoy run when the ball gets passed elsewhere, possibly because the defender has gone with the player making the run so the player with the ball passes elsewhere instead.

I'm being harsh as the article did shed a lot of light on him, but the examples given didn't clearly highlight any issues with him and rather just showed one off clips of him doing something which with the benefit of hindsight wasn't necessarily the optimum thing to do.  This is then extrapolated in to a general criticism of his play, which may well be valid, but without more thorough examples could also just be nitpicking which you could do with Maldini if you really wanted to.

August 01, 2020, 04:22:26 AM
Reply #226

sam of the south

Article on him, not as effusive as I would like to be honest, but sounds like a very good young ball playing CB who is dominant in the air.

https://medium.com/@thirtyfeet/player-report-gabriel-magalh%C3%A3es-59dfba80f108

He does like a slidey, it seems, and he has a stellar long pass in his locker

ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

August 03, 2020, 05:11:34 AM
Reply #227

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Another good look at Gabriel, this time by BTL who tend to so really good articles from good young sportswriters.

https://breakingthelines.com/scouting-report/scouting-report-gabriel-magalhaes/

Edit: might be the same fella actually.

It feels to me like allan might actually be on. He is obviously a cut or two above what we have, but.im a bit worried about it just being money well never see again.

This Turkish right back gets some good write up too.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 05:14:37 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 03, 2020, 05:27:48 AM
Reply #228

markB

Another good look at Gabriel, this time by BTL who tend to so really good articles from good young sportswriters.

https://breakingthelines.com/scouting-report/scouting-report-gabriel-magalhaes/

Edit: might be the same fella actually.

It feels to me like allan might actually be on. He is obviously a cut or two above what we have, but.im a bit worried about it just being money well never see again.

This Turkish right back gets some good write up too.

Brap if we are signing that right back its good by Coleman he will never get a game and you will not want him to

take a look at Luca Pellegrini 21 (LB) looks like Juve are clearing 8/10 players out    https://www.football-italia.net/155956/juventus-prepare-total-revamp

August 04, 2020, 12:22:02 AM
Reply #229

mikey_blue

August 04, 2020, 12:29:09 AM
Reply #230

Waltzer

https://twitter.com/evertonnewsfeed/status/1290275768556118016?s=21

It's a grand old team to support
IF true, its pretty shit that we missed out on him for the sake of Ä3 million when we pretty much had him signed

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 04, 2020, 12:34:48 AM
Reply #231

mikey_blue

IF true, its pretty shit that we missed out on him for the sake of Ä3 million when we pretty much had him signed

Hopefully united let us sign Rojo for 30m. That way we donít miss out.

August 04, 2020, 12:36:42 AM
Reply #232

Bluedylan

Utd fans on their forums seem to think they're not really in for him, and it's his agent trying to get a higher value contract elsewhere.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

August 04, 2020, 12:42:46 AM
Reply #233

Waltzer

Utd fans on their forums seem to think they're not really in for him, and it's his agent trying to get a higher value contract elsewhere.
There was something in the papers over the weekend saying they're getting pissed off with being linked to everyone but have no interest in most

August 04, 2020, 12:55:31 AM
Reply #234

Macca77

United have bigger target's, the likes of Sancho and Grealish, that's their transfer budget gone with them two

August 04, 2020, 01:00:46 AM
Reply #235

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Isn't the source a Napoli fans magazine? So they know as much as we do on here.

August 04, 2020, 01:02:31 AM
Reply #236

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Canít find the story on the link that that tweet has.

Napoli Magazine seems to make hundreds of tweets a day, often just quoting something else.

August 04, 2020, 01:10:43 AM
Reply #237

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah, we can all tell on here when thatís happening with us.

Nowhere reliable is reporting the United stuff.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

August 05, 2020, 11:16:28 PM
Reply #238

stirlingblue

Is this dead in the water now then? Not been anything about us and him for a few days

August 05, 2020, 11:22:57 PM
Reply #239

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news