May 28, 2020, 09:12:22 PM

Author Topic: My favourite game?  (Read 4688 times)

March 31, 2020, 01:07:05 AM
Reply #30

Stumpy

Still bugs me that penalty. Cheating Klinnsman dive. We should have had a clean sheet that day!

Same here toddacelli,still pisses me off that because of the pathetic call of the ref we could of gone through the competition without conceding a goal.I don't know if that has ever been achieved before.Also,here's where a reputation goes before you,it wasn't klinnsman with the theatrics,it was Sherringham.

March 31, 2020, 09:04:12 AM
Reply #31

Robioto

Never felt an atmosphere like Fiorentina at home.

I cried a little when we lost on penalties. The only time Everton have brought me to tears. It just felt so unfair with how well we played. Was absolutely gutted. Genuinely thought we were going all the way.

March 31, 2020, 04:55:51 PM
Reply #32

Toddacelli

Same here toddacelli,still pisses me off that because of the pathetic call of the ref we could of gone through the competition without conceding a goal.I don't know if that has ever been achieved before.Also,here's where a reputation goes before you,it wasn't klinnsman with the theatrics,it was Sherringham.

:o

The Mandela Effect

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

March 31, 2020, 06:49:44 PM
Reply #33

Morta75

I like the 4-4 against the shite and the comback win against Wimbledon as great memory and games.

April 01, 2020, 12:16:58 AM
Reply #34

BlueForYou

50 years ago, tomorrow

Goodison under floodlights, nearly 60,000

Champions!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 12:19:56 AM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

April 01, 2020, 01:19:00 AM
Reply #35

sam of the south

Yeah, Sheringham’s tactic was to go up for a header, make his body go limp (filth) and then get flattened by any contact. It was quite often successful for him, the cockney bell.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

April 01, 2020, 06:13:11 PM
Reply #36

sirblue57

The 84/85 season was littered with memories, took my ma to 7 or 8 games at goodison that season and we won every one of them, guy behind me wanted to buy her a season ticket. The Bayern game was one no one who was there will forget, EVER!
But the 5.0 utd game, and i think forest and arsenal games were an indication of thats teams class and ruthlessness.
The anfield derby. I think it was the newcastle game when the crowd roared as their keeper had the ball and he shit himself, Everton players explsing to them that it meant the shite were getting beat, even my ma laughed at that.
So many memories, lets hope for more when this is over.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

April 04, 2020, 03:58:24 PM
Reply #37

eyesalwaysblue

Ratts first Derby, Souness the Rat
I still despise Clive Thomas..

April 07, 2020, 04:43:30 AM
Reply #38

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
So many to choose, Sheff Wed in 66, Bayern and European glory, Wimbledon's depths to joys, Tottenham semi and Fiorentina all stand out for me for different reasons.

One less celebrated as it was more about a player (legend!) than the team was the 6-0 win v Chelsea and big bad Bob Latchford pocketing 10 grand in the last game of the season, Roy of the Rovers stuff.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

April 08, 2020, 10:23:49 PM
Reply #39

Paddockoldie

So many to choose, Sheff Wed in 66, Bayern and European glory, Wimbledon's depths to joys, Tottenham semi and Fiorentina all stand out for me for different reasons.

One less celebrated as it was more about a player (legend!) than the team was the 6-0 win v Chelsea and big bad Bob Latchford pocketing 10 grand in the last game of the season, Roy of the Rovers stuff.

Remember that game well. I was in the old park end and when he scored it was mental. How much would he cost these days?

April 09, 2020, 05:36:56 AM
Reply #40

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
wrong thread
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 05:38:23 AM by TheRam »
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 19, 2020, 05:16:18 AM
Reply #41

Trowel

Not a favourite as such, but this thread is as good as any to let people know that the Wimbledon match is on Match of Their Day, selected by Ian Wright.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

April 19, 2020, 06:07:15 AM
Reply #42

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I listened to a great podcast on that game the other week.

The greatest thing I learned from it was Neville southall making his way up the field to take the penalty for the first.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 19, 2020, 07:32:38 AM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Fiorentina is the loudest football game.ive ever heard, never known anything like it. My hands were still stinging even by the time I got home.

Doesn't seem fair does it but is what it is. When we buried my brother I put my stub in his suit pocket. He's been to Wembley wins and seen things I've never and probably will never see, but for me that was a taste and I shared it with him, so it's important to me.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 19, 2020, 04:50:54 PM
Reply #44

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Mine wax when we beat Arsenal 2-0 at Goodison with Cadamateri and Campbell scoring. First time I’d seen us win at Goodison after witnessing numerous draws and one defeat (3-1 to a Di Canio inspired Wednesday on my 18th) on my previous visits. Was sat in the away section too as I’d gone up with the Arsenal South Wales supporters club (best mate got me a ticket). Was a lovely journey back 😁
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers: