May 25, 2020, 06:03:35 AM

Author Topic: Five players you never liked  (Read 6129 times)

April 15, 2020, 05:57:03 AM
Reply #15

phillyt

Neville
Howard
Saha
Schneiderlin
Cleverly

Itís only  when I wrote them down I realised they all came from United.  Howard apart, I just think he was shite, maybe they felt too big for Everton.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

April 15, 2020, 11:28:10 AM
Reply #16

NickNack

Bernie Wright
Rod Belfitt
David Lawson
Richard Wright
John Ebbrell
Anders Limpar
Slaven Bilić

Oops didnít notice it was only 5. I wouldnít count the first two as footballers anyway
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 04:17:38 PM by NickNack »

April 15, 2020, 12:31:49 PM
Reply #17

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Gareth Farrelly
Stephen Hughes
Mark Hughes
Danny Williamson
Richard Wright
Mark Ward

Technically this is still 5, as I'm not classing Danny Williamson as an actual player.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:49:47 PM by Goaljira »

April 15, 2020, 12:36:53 PM
Reply #18

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Phil Neville
Oumar Niasse
Ashley Williams
Fabian Delph
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

April 15, 2020, 01:22:56 PM
Reply #19

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Good one this. Will have to mull it over.

@KoemansNumberTens once again you are my absolute world and your choices made me love you more.

April 15, 2020, 02:29:18 PM
Reply #20

Macca77

Earl Barrett
Claus Thompson
Nyarko
Mike Milligan
Robles

April 15, 2020, 02:42:17 PM
Reply #21

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
Mike Newell - didn't like him as a player and particularly as he kept either Cottee or Sharp out of the team
John Collins - just seemed like a miserable bastard who really didn't want to be there
Ramiro Funes Mori - really wanted to like him but he was a dick and I hated the way he could win every header when attacking a corner but never win one defensively.  Also his annoying bursts out of defence where he'd then do a really slow turn and then play the ball back to the keeper
Neil McDonald - just not good enough and summed up our fall from grace in the late 80s.
Phil Neville - summed up the worst of the Moyes era.  Came across as a the manager's lickspittle making sure that we never got any ideas above our station.

April 15, 2020, 02:43:53 PM
Reply #22

Paddockoldie

Klodrup
Nyarko
Keane
Angel
Ginola
Gazza

The last two because we bought car crashes who were finished at that level.

April 15, 2020, 03:27:09 PM
Reply #23

velimski

Should we have a separate thread for players you genuinely hated just so that I can file Ashley Williams somewhere more accurately?

April 15, 2020, 04:27:50 PM
Reply #24

KoemansNumberTens

Christ our transfer business has been dreadful for about 30 years. Itís just an endless list of dregs. Actually forgot about a lot of these until they pop up again Stephen Hughes was a shocker. Richard Wright. Simone Davies was another big flop. The vast majority of our signings seem to have been on the wrong side of average over an extremely long period of time

April 15, 2020, 05:24:56 PM
Reply #25

Jamokachi

Far too many recent players here, some of you need a short sharp shock of the 90's/00's...

Pembridge
Gemmill
Hottigger
Stephen Hughes
Alec Cleland

April 15, 2020, 05:46:46 PM
Reply #26

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sigurdsson
Bolasie
Delph
Neville
Gemmil
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

April 15, 2020, 05:55:01 PM
Reply #27

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Far too many recent players here, some of you need a short sharp shock of the 90's/00's...

Pembridge
Gemmill
Hottigger
Stephen Hughes
Alec Cleland
I did the one 2 one interview in the Evertonian (issue 50) with Alex Cleland so I refuse to hear a bad word said about him!

He was a lovely fella when I met him!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 15, 2020, 06:26:24 PM
Reply #28

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I did the one 2 one interview in the Evertonian (issue 50) with Alex Cleland so I refuse to hear a bad word said about him!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Looks like Dr Janos Poha from Ghostbusters 2 though
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 15, 2020, 06:26:25 PM
Reply #29

Jamokachi

Awful footballer that epitomised the absolute state we were in at the time, though.