May 25, 2020, 05:06:17 AM

Author Topic: Five players you never liked  (Read 6126 times)

April 16, 2020, 03:09:32 AM
Reply #45

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Ok so.....

Ashley Williams
Mark Hughes
Jo
Tried to like Barmby but he was a twat to my mate when he first signed. Ultimately, he showed his true colours.
Thought John Spencer was a waste of space too

April 16, 2020, 03:12:47 AM
Reply #46

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Ok so.....

Ashley Williams
Mark Hughes
Jo
Tried to like Barmby but he was a twat to my mate when he first signed. Ultimately, he showed his true colours.
John spencer just brings back awful memories
Simply simply lovely

April 16, 2020, 03:14:49 AM
Reply #47

Shogun

Administrator
Surprised thereís not been a mention of Mirallas. Iím in the minority that I like him but got the sense he was one of the more hated.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

April 16, 2020, 03:21:16 AM
Reply #48

Waltzer

Surprised there's not been a mention of Mirallas. I'm in the minority that I like him but got the sense he was one of the more hated.
I really liked super Kev

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

April 16, 2020, 03:22:42 AM
Reply #49

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Surprised thereís not been a mention of Mirallas. Iím in the minority that I like him but got the sense he was one of the more hated.

Couldnít wait to see the back of him but wouldnít say I dislike him for some reason. He had some CL performance periods though, he was electric at times so i remember that more than I remember how much he pissed me off at the end.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 03:23:52 AM by Bob Sacamano »

April 16, 2020, 03:24:52 AM
Reply #50

74Blue

Ok so.....

Ashley Williams
Mark Hughes
Jo
Let me tell you a little story aboit how fucking tight Nick Barmby was. When he was at Everton, he had a 2 Litre Honda Accord supplied by Honda UK. He moaned that it was too heavy on the juice, so they swapped it out for a Civic Vtec-E for him the tight twat.

April 16, 2020, 04:22:56 AM
Reply #51

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
I think for all that Mirallas made people fume, we still remember that he was serious in his attempt to try and knee cap Luis Suarez in the derby

Like he went in with the venom of a man who literally wanted to snap his leg off. And by God we hated Luis Suarez at the time

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 16, 2020, 04:28:26 AM
Reply #52

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I think for all that Mirallas made people fume, we still remember that he was serious in his attempt to try and knee cap Luis Suarez in the derby

Like he went in with the venom of a man who literally wanted to snap his leg off. And by God we hated Luis Suarez at the time

Remember coming out the ground and saying there was fuck all in it..... seen it a few hrs later in a boozer and was just like WOW.... I love Mirallas
Simply simply lovely

April 16, 2020, 04:35:03 AM
Reply #53

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Remember coming out the ground and saying there was fuck all in it..... seen it a few hrs later in a boozer and was just like WOW.... I love Mirallas
Not sure if its double standards but I was totally fine with Mirallas doing this....yet I totally condemned Funes Mori for his red card shithouse challenge on Divok Origi.

It's a common misconception with Liverpool fans that we lauded Funes Mori as an Everton hero when he did that. When I'm fairly sure we just all thought 'what a fucking bellend he is'

I wasn't in the away end at Anfield that night but I don't think as he saluted us on his way off the pitch that we cheered him did we?

Possibly I'm just more tolerable of violence when it's against known Racists

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

April 16, 2020, 04:40:59 AM
Reply #54

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure if its double standards but I was totally fine with Mirallas doing this....yet I totally condemned Funes Mori for his red card shithouse challenge on Divok Origi.

It's a common misconception with Liverpool fans that we lauded Funes Mori as an Everton hero when he did that. When I'm fairly sure we just all thought 'what a fucking bellend he is'

I wasn't in the away end at Anfield that night but I don't think as he saluted us on his way off the pitch that we cheered him did we?

Possibly I'm just more tolerable of violence when it's against known Racists

Hated it when Funes Mori did that. Think cos Suarez was such a prick and the fact (werent we getting dicked) that when Mori did it was actually embarrassing. Where as Mirallas was, to use a quote i hear more of lately, "top shithousery"
Simply simply lovely

April 16, 2020, 04:55:40 AM
Reply #55

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah exactly the same, Suarez had it coming, the only negative was that he didn't snap his leg. Horrible horrible bastard who was one of the dirtiest players I've seen against us and got away with it constantly.

World class player like, but a horrible twat and I wish mirallas had put him out for the season.

The Mori one was similar to what Williams used to do and Schneiderlin still does. Losing a game? Having a stinker? Simply get yourself sent off.

Most players, even ones I end up wanting rid of at all costs I have at one point in time talked myself into liking.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 16, 2020, 06:46:21 AM
Reply #56

toffee_scot

1. Yannick Bolasie - Severely underwhelmed when I heard he was coming here for over £25m. I thought before that he was an average player who only seemed to play well against Merseyside teams. Even then I didnít expect him to be as big a flop as he has been for Everton. To me he is the poster boy for how inept our recruitment and planning was under Koeman/Walsh, we are struggling to even sell him for about 20% his original fee!

2. Yakubu - Struggled to take a liking to him and could never get on board the ďfeed the YakĒ vibe. Even though he scored 20+ goals the first season I found he would only play well when the rest of the team was playing well, otherwise there was absolutely no point in him being on the pitch. He could never really shake off the laziness tag and I couldnít stand him even more when we sold him to Blackburn for about £1m and he went on to have one of his best goal scoring seasons in the PL.

3. Iain Turner - Donít know at all what Moyes saw in him. Even though he only played a handful of games I remember he made a howler when we were 2-0 up against Man Utd and went on to lose 4-2. Also I seem to remember he got sent off and we had to play our 4th choice keeper.

4. Matthew Pennington - Only played a handful of games but really donít understand why heís still in the books at the age of 25yrs when itís been clear for a long time heís not a Premier League player and keeps getting loaned out to lower leagues.

5. Eliaquim Mangala - Only played about two games but reminds me of dark times under that horrendous manager who I donít wish to name.

April 16, 2020, 07:22:25 PM
Reply #57

Fieldy618

Delph
Delph
Delph
Delph
Delph

Absolute melt who thinks he's God's gift when he's actually shite - can't stand him.

April 16, 2020, 08:50:27 PM
Reply #58

cantoffee

Only match I've ever been to at Goodison. At the time I thought there was nothing in it.

Got back to our Airbnb later that day and owners of the house mentioned how awful it was - honestly just thought "fucking kopite pricks".

Saw it again the next day and realised it was clear as a day a straight red.

Lovely people we stayed with, despite the football allegiances.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

April 16, 2020, 08:59:14 PM
Reply #59

cantoffee

Never really liked Jelavic.

I guess I never thought he was actually that good and there was a lot of supporters bigging him up as a great striker.

Also never a fan of strikers who have no all round play but score. Just doesnt sit right with me. Find myself liking players who dont score enough because they are better all round players when in reality things probably lie somewhere in the middle.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app