May 25, 2020, 04:53:17 AM

Poll

What formation should we go with?

4-4-2
28 (84.8%)
4-2-3-1
5 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: NSNO Decides: The Best Everton Team (of the last 50 years)  (Read 4238 times)

May 05, 2020, 06:49:07 AM
Reply #30

Ross

Really no Brian Labone as the centre back option?

Guess that means none of holy trinity make the cut?

No Big Joe?

Some piss poor choices ahead of our greats from the last 50 years Shogs.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 06:50:14 AM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

May 05, 2020, 06:59:04 AM
Reply #31

Shogun

Administrator
Really no Brian Labone as the centre back option?

Guess that means none of holy trinity make the cut?

No Big Joe?

Some piss poor choices ahead of our greats from the last 50 years Shogs.

1970 onwards... of which Labone played about 10 times for us before retiring full stop.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:00:20 AM by Shogun »
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

May 05, 2020, 12:52:26 PM
Reply #32

Bally

Administrator
Ratcliffe +1 would be my early prediction for CB.
Yeah Ratcliffe and Mountfield for me I was fully torn between Mountfield and Watson though, fucking loved Dave Watson and always refer to him when there was doubt whether to clear it or not, "if in doubt, Dave Watson"

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

May 05, 2020, 12:57:39 PM
Reply #33

Bally

Administrator
Fuck this makes me feel old, just realised this is the last 50 years and starts the year before I was born. 

It's the roll I way

May 05, 2020, 04:10:39 PM
Reply #34

Macca77

Watson, Mountfield, Baines

I know Mountfield wasn't here for very long, but he scored 14 goals in one season, that's ridiculous for a centre half
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 04:12:56 PM by Macca77 »

May 05, 2020, 04:20:46 PM
Reply #35

Jamokachi

Lescott and Mountfield then... that's about 20 goals a season right there ;)

May 05, 2020, 04:52:07 PM
Reply #36

Undisputed_blue

I'd choose Ratcliffe, Mountfield and Baines. Goals galore for the latter two. Them two can push up more knowing Ratcliffe's pace can get them out of trouble.

May 05, 2020, 08:59:58 PM
Reply #37

Shogun

Administrator

May 05, 2020, 09:01:01 PM
Reply #38

Shogun

Administrator

May 05, 2020, 09:23:34 PM
Reply #39

ally2

Nice to give Arteta a chance there as he really played right midfield.

May 05, 2020, 09:24:01 PM
Reply #40

Bally

Administrator

Day 3: CMs

Link to vote: https://forms.gle/BKvUR7MrJtZDMQey6

Fucking hard one this

Going with who I saw play rather than nostalgia though

It's the roll I way

May 05, 2020, 09:30:36 PM
Reply #41

74Blue

Midfield is going to be so difficult to decide. Really disappointed that there's no Kevin Sheedy in there. Could be a lazy bastard at times, but worth a place in the team just for that left wand of his. Imagine winning a free kick anywhere around the opposition box and having Baines and Sheedy standing over the ball to take it.
Kendall, Harvey and Ball were a bit before my time, so that rules them out. My memory of Andy King is only from his second spell at the club and is quite distant now.
Gueye or Bracewell. Gueye was a machine, but Bracewell's distribution was pretty special until Billy Whitehurst almost crippled him, so Bracewell just edges it.
Arteta or Reid. Loved Reidy, but Arteta was a magician and would add that little bit of flair into the midfield.
Last one has to be Tim Cahill. Not the best midfielder in there by any stretch of the imagination, but had a knack of being in the right place at the right time to nick a goal, the heart of a lion and the balls of an elephant.

May 05, 2020, 10:16:09 PM
Reply #42

di_guyo

Midfield is going to be so difficult to decide. Really disappointed that there's no Kevin Sheedy in there. Could be a lazy bastard at times, but worth a place in the team just for that left wand of his. Imagine winning a free kick anywhere around the opposition box and having Baines and Sheedy standing over the ball to take it.
Kendall, Harvey and Ball were a bit before my time, so that rules them out. My memory of Andy King is only from his second spell at the club and is quite distant now.
Gueye or Bracewell. Gueye was a machine, but Bracewell's distribution was pretty special until Billy Whitehurst almost crippled him, so Bracewell just edges it.
Arteta or Reid. Loved Reidy, but Arteta was a magician and would add that little bit of flair into the midfield.
Last one has to be Tim Cahill. Not the best midfielder in there by any stretch of the imagination, but had a knack of being in the right place at the right time to nick a goal, the heart of a lion and the balls of an elephant.

Just centre mids mate, bet Sheedy is on the shortlist for the left side
Everton & Atleti

May 05, 2020, 10:27:12 PM
Reply #43

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Day 3: CMs

Link to vote: https://forms.gle/BKvUR7MrJtZDMQey6

Hard that, had to go with who I have seen rather than what I had heard

Reid, Arteta
Simply simply lovely

May 05, 2020, 11:08:57 PM
Reply #44

Shogun

Administrator
I think if you've seen Harvey, Kendall, Ball then it's probably a no brainer.