May 25, 2020, 06:34:31 AM

Author Topic: Whites nets or blue nets  (Read 714 times)

May 13, 2020, 03:40:09 PM
Read 714 times

everton15

Does anyone else have preferred choice for the nets?
have always preferred the white nets - the goals look more spectacular when they go in
looks cool
have always been brought up since the 60's with everton having white nets
sets off the whole view with the immaculate green pitch

May 13, 2020, 04:01:52 PM
Reply #1

velimski

White every time.

May 13, 2020, 04:13:16 PM
Reply #2

Ramjam

White would be my preference

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

May 13, 2020, 07:43:48 PM
Reply #3

plowman2

Honestly there's no disrespect intended here, but that question seems to be the product of a mind that's been in lock-down for far too long.
Come to think of though, from another mind that's been in lock-down far too long, a blue and white stripes type model would be my preference.
I've been riding on the crest of a slump lately.
― Tom Waits

May 13, 2020, 07:51:32 PM
Reply #4

Cozzie

Always wanted to pose the question myself.

Absolutely despise the blue nets, white every time.

May 13, 2020, 08:01:44 PM
Reply #5

Bally

Administrator
They're darker to because it's easier to see the advertising through them

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

May 13, 2020, 10:37:19 PM
Reply #6

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
If God had intended blue nets he'd have created natural blue coloured hemp or plastic to make them with.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

May 14, 2020, 09:33:12 PM
Reply #7

bigmanbob

If God had intended blue nets he'd have created natural blue coloured hemp or plastic to make them with.
Or bright green fans

May 14, 2020, 10:19:33 PM
Reply #8

Paddockoldie

Assuming there is a God who cared about football nets... just saying.

May 14, 2020, 10:28:07 PM
Reply #9

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
If there was a God he/she absolutely would give a shit about football nets. But, as there isn't...
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

May 15, 2020, 07:36:56 AM
Reply #10

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
If there was a God he/she absolutely would give a shit about football nets. But, as there isn't...
......and when you stop to think about it it's easier to manage without God than nets. Even more var to see which side of the post shots went.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

May 15, 2020, 03:22:16 PM
Reply #11

everton15

of course there is a God - Dixie dean :hail:

May 17, 2020, 12:29:47 AM
Reply #12

Toddacelli

They're darker to because it's easier to see the advertising through them

For sheer aesthetics - the white ones win every time - hands down.

But the darker ones are less distracting to the eye and easier to see through. I reckon if I was sat right behind the goal I'd prefer blue nets.

@Bally - fans forum idea: paint the back of the nets blue so that it is easier to see the game from those seats and paint the front of the nets white so that it looks better from the rest of the ground and for the cameras.

Everton Firsts: 1891 - The first football club to have nets in goals to prove the ball went in.

Everton Firsts: 2021 - The first football club to consider the effect of the colour of the nets on the fans experience and alter the colour of the nets to give optimum visual experience based on where in the ground you are viewing the game from.

Only took 130 years between innovations!  lolol

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 17, 2020, 05:00:03 PM
Reply #13

Bally

Administrator
For sheer aesthetics - the white ones win every time - hands down.

But the darker ones are less distracting to the eye and easier to see through. I reckon if I was sat right behind the goal I'd prefer blue nets.

@Bally - fans forum idea: paint the back of the nets blue so that it is easier to see the game from those seats and paint the front of the nets white so that it looks better from the rest of the ground and for the cameras.

Everton Firsts: 1891 - The first football club to have nets in goals to prove the ball went in.

Everton Firsts: 2021 - The first football club to consider the effect of the colour of the nets on the fans experience and alter the colour of the nets to give optimum visual experience based on where in the ground you are viewing the game from.

Only took 130 years between innovations!  lolol
I'll put it to them but I'm not on the forum anymore

It's the roll I way

May 17, 2020, 05:48:43 PM
Reply #14

Toddacelli

I'll put it to them but I'm not on the forum anymore

Cheers fella - but I was speaking mainly in jest. If any of the actual match-going contingent think it would improve their experience - then feel free to shout up. It's not going to make a lot of difference to me in my armchair with a snide stream!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates