October 21, 2020, 06:21:24 AM

Author Topic: Kit manufacturers and sponsors  (Read 29478 times)

May 21, 2020, 12:34:07 AM
Reply #45

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
The way the announcement for the 2019 extension has been deleted from the OS, and the press releases saying it's 'double' umbro. Something odd has gone on there.

The fact fanatics are involved in the manufacturing, I don't know anything about kits like but aren't fanatics our distribution partners, why would they manufacture the kits unless it was a margin thing. Making cheaper kits w Hummel branding, like when brands do a white label version of their product for a supermarket.
don't think you have to worry - it would be very un-hummel to do that.. todays announcement on there website https://hummel.dk/om-hummel/presse/hummel-ny-sponsor-for-everton

May 21, 2020, 12:38:09 AM
Reply #46

Cozzie

Quite happy with this.

Any chance we can sign Mats Hummels too along with this for the big reveal? 😎

May 21, 2020, 01:23:34 AM
Reply #47

Thornton_19

The way the announcement for the 2019 extension has been deleted from the OS, and the press releases saying it's 'double' umbro. Something odd has gone on there.

The fact fanatics are involved in the manufacturing, I don't know anything about kits like but aren't fanatics our distribution partners, why would they manufacture the kits unless it was a margin thing. Making cheaper kits w Hummel branding, like when brands do a white label version of their product for a supermarket.
Fanatics do the NHL jerseys i believe. So they have a history in producing sportswear.

May 21, 2020, 05:20:23 AM
Reply #48

Toddacelli

Whatís making you suspicious?

The copious amounts of ganja. He doesn't look like your average horti-fucking-culturalist.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 21, 2020, 05:28:28 AM
Reply #49

Toddacelli

I am definitely on board with this. I love times like this when people make loads of speculative mock-ups. I look forward to seeing them!

May 21, 2020, 05:51:09 AM
Reply #50

Jamokachi

Hasn't been deleted...

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1157821/everton-extends-kit-deal-with-umbro

I can't see any financial details of the deal at all, and highly doubt it was doubled in value, extensions rarely are.

Looks like fanatics manufacture the fan merchandise under license of the sports brand who manufacture the official gear (the stuff the clubs use) in NHL. It might be that we've got a similar agreement going on.

From Wiki:

NHL
In 2017, the National Hockey League partnered with adidas and unveiled a new hockey jersey with Fanatics making the jerseys themselves as the new standard jersey for fans while adidas manufactures the on-ice jerseys.

They have a similar agreement with NFL it seems.

May 21, 2020, 07:11:01 AM
Reply #51

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Used Fanatics International a few times for stuff from US College sides. Always good quality stuff and good service
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 21, 2020, 09:52:36 AM
Reply #52

Jamokachi

May 21, 2020, 01:26:26 PM
Reply #53

Waltzer

Maybe this will make you feel more at ease @brap2 ...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/20/everton-agree-9m-a-season-kit-deal-with-hummel-and-drop-umbro
Step in the right direction, but makes you realise how far we are behind other clubs with regard to global appeal and striking the best deals. Was good to see Wenger saying they need to relax FFP rules as without some big, big investment I can't see how we really close that gap, its that big

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 21, 2020, 03:28:32 PM
Reply #54

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
No Angry Birds next year either now
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

May 21, 2020, 03:44:29 PM
Reply #55

Macca77

USM shirt sponsor, Megafon on the sleeve

May 21, 2020, 03:49:42 PM
Reply #56

bigmanbob

No Angry Birds next year either now
Good, it was awful that. And those two kits , St Pauli and the other one, Jesus they're like something off Adventure Time.

May 21, 2020, 03:50:13 PM
Reply #57

Lazarou

I get the impression we are pretty insulated from the impending financial doom.
A government of the gobshites , by the gobshites , for the gobshites .

May 21, 2020, 03:55:55 PM
Reply #58

Risky

NSNO Subscriber

I'd prefer the other way around.

May 21, 2020, 04:00:04 PM
Reply #59

Toddacelli

Step in the right direction, but makes you realise how far we are behind other clubs with regard to global appeal and striking the best deals. Was good to see Wenger saying they need to relax FFP rules as without some big, big investment I can't see how we really close that gap, its that big

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Yup. The filth are getting nearly 10 times our deal - which is still a record-breaking one for us. If that is not a clear indication of how far ahead other teams are then I don't know what is.

Also think that probably at least half of the PL would swap places with us as we are similarly ahead of them.

Imagine if it worked like this:

All the kit manufacturers, sponsors etc bid for their teams.
Whatever they bid, 10M for Everton - 8M for Norwich - 1Bn for Man City, all goes into one pot.
Everyone gets the same length of contract - say 3 years - and then they are all re-bid again
Distribution of the money works like the TV rights - based on league position.

Drawbacks:
Clubs would have less control

Benefits:
The difference between top and bottom earners would be less pronounced
Clubs would have the chance to put together a good run and earn more money than previously
It would be fairer in that it is now almost a 'performance-related pay'
More clubs would get more money - enabling them to use for academies, grass-roots, community projects etc. - so it would reach more people

Right - over to you lot to rip that idea apart   lolol

P.S. - please share any and all kit mock-ups in this thread - thanks :)