October 30, 2020, 10:21:24 AM

Author Topic: Kit manufacturers and sponsors  (Read 30431 times)

May 21, 2020, 04:16:39 PM
Reply #60

Jamokachi

Good, it was awful that.

One of the most innovative sponsorship deals around, with a reach of millions upon millions. It's a shame to lose that.

May 21, 2020, 04:29:48 PM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe this will make you feel more at ease @brap2 ...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/20/everton-agree-9m-a-season-kit-deal-with-hummel-and-drop-umbro

I'm quite into the Hummel thing to be honest, it's the rewriting of history I don't like. Something's gone on 100% but I don't think I'll ever know now.

The deal itself..it's just where we are I suppose. We can't sell the club to sponsors or partners, and the deal is about what Chelsea were getting 10 years ago, or just over what arsenal were getting in their 'invincibles' season.

It's a bit worrying we can't get more than Southampton, but it is what it is.

I don't personally like the USM sugar daddy stuff. USM on shirts and Sleeves and training ground and all the rest of it. Its not a sustainable growth strategy, but maybe the idea is to ride the sugar daddy until we're in a better position, then use that to trade for better deals elsewhere.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 21, 2020, 04:35:52 PM
Reply #62

Jamokachi

I'm quite into the Hummel thing to be honest, it's the rewriting of history I don't like. Something's gone on 100% but I don't think I'll ever know now.

I think you've imagined the amounts involved to be honest, I can't see numbers reported anywhere. We had an option to exit the deal, we exercised it after our expectations weren't met. Not sure why you're turning it into a Miss Marple adventure.

May 21, 2020, 04:40:05 PM
Reply #63

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Think someone would have screenshotted that shit if it had been said that umbro were paying us 9m a year @brap2

Still a bit grim that we get paid so much less than some others

The only way to get near the amounts that City, Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea get is gonna be a sustained top 4 berth/regular champions league appearances

Basically a massive improvement on the field is our best route to making this happen

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

May 21, 2020, 04:44:33 PM
Reply #64

Jamokachi

It's a bit worrying we can't get more than Southampton, but it is what it is.

A 7 year deal worth 4m a year from what I can find?

May 21, 2020, 04:53:02 PM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think you've imagined the amounts involved to be honest, I can't see numbers reported anywhere. We had an option to exit the deal, we exercised it after our expectations weren't met. Not sure why you're turning it into a Miss Marple adventure.

Haha I think that's partly what's sending me west, feel like I've imagined the entire thing.

I mean, we did 100% sign a renewal in 2019, and the figures reported or extracted from accounts are around 9m pa for that year. I know many on here think he's a crank etc but the esk has had that figure since last year, and Lucasz Blaczek on twitter who is quite a well known sports business blogger had that figure down for the 2019 renegotiation as well.

Swiss ramble seems to have umbro down as 6m from 2014, which I do remember the deal being reported to be 'worth' per year, presumably with add ons and sales...I don't think we're on 12m now tho are we sooo..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 21, 2020, 05:00:18 PM
Reply #66

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
A 7 year deal worth 4m a year from what I can find?

Yeah to be fair I can only find 4m as well.

May 21, 2020, 05:35:36 PM
Reply #67

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think someone would have screenshotted that shit if it had been said that umbro were paying us 9m a year @brap2

The only way to get near the amounts that City, Liverpool, United, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea get is gonna be a sustained top 4 berth/regular champions league appearances

Basically a massive improvement on the field is our best route to making this happen

like I say, a sports business blogger had it at that, the esk had it at that - he reckons his was from sportspromedia which is a sports business industry paper.

Swiss ramble who's financial breakdowns are just absolutely excellent had it at 6m which I have seen it reported as being 'valued' at.

For me I think something's gone on regarding the renegotiation, maybe we weren't at 9m that's fine, but for the announcement to be removed and for us to have 'doubled' our deal just looks like a bit of rewriting of history and a touch of club spin.

It's not a big deal like, it's just something that is standing out to me and I wish I knew more. Did we sign an extension on exactly the same terms as 5 years previous?

May 21, 2020, 05:57:34 PM
Reply #68

Jamokachi

You've lost me @brap2 ... where and when was the "doubling of the deal" removed?

I've never seen it reported anywhere that the Umbro deal was work more than the 6m quoted. And I'm certainly not believing a word out of Esk, the fucking danger.

May 21, 2020, 06:07:52 PM
Reply #69

Macca77

We've finally got the right man in charge to help us bridge that gap, won't happen overnight, will take a while but we'll get there, I'm 85% certain of that

May 21, 2020, 06:29:11 PM
Reply #70

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You've lost me @brap2 ... where and when was the "doubling of the deal" removed?

I've never seen it reported anywhere that the Umbro deal was work more than the 6m quoted. And I'm certainly not believing a word out of Esk, the fucking danger.

No the OS article about the extension being removed I mean.

That's fine I can absolutely understand that, I've pointed out where I've seen it like but yeah the more traditional sources i can't find anything about the 2019 extension whatsoever.

Dunno if you see where I'm coming from but all I'm saying is I think the deal is being represented as a bigger leap than it really is, and I would like to know what terms the extension was made under.

May 21, 2020, 06:30:22 PM
Reply #71

penguinofdoom1878

Good, it was awful that. And those two kits , St Pauli and the other one, Jesus they're like something off Adventure Time.

It was hardly awful, my 8 year old who I am sure was more the target audience thought it was great, Megafon/USM/Cazoo/Devante Tyres mean absolutly nothing to him but he recognises Angry Birds and when I said this morning they would no longer be on the shirt his response was, aw I liked Angry Birds.

May 21, 2020, 06:33:38 PM
Reply #72

Jamokachi

May 21, 2020, 06:46:45 PM
Reply #73

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
This article?

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1157821/everton-extends-kit-deal-with-umbro

Ah ok cool, the one I had from their tweet was 
https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2019/03/28/everton-extends-kit-deal-with-umbro

Which is word for word the same on way back machine. Must have changed the site and not redirected.

Appreciate how much of a crank I am coming across as here btw! I just think something is off.

We signed an extension for the exact same terms then? Or was the deal 6m from 2014, making this new deal absolutely not double?

Anyway like I say I appreciate I am coming across like one of the lone gunmen and I'm not looking for something to fume over like, i just find this stuff interesting.

May 21, 2020, 06:47:50 PM
Reply #74

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It was hardly awful, my 8 year old who I am sure was more the target audience thought it was great, Megafon/USM/Cazoo/Devante Tyres mean absolutly nothing to him but he recognises Angry Birds and when I said this morning they would no longer be on the shirt his response was, aw I liked Angry Birds.

What are his thoughts on Fratelli Beretta itlalian cured meats