Another bit of fun.
Which five Everton players past or present were you initially underwhelmed with when we signed them or did you anticipate would not do very much for us but ended up doing much better than you expected?
Mine would be:
1. Dominic Calvert Lewin - Brought in very cheap from Sheff Utd, thought he would be here to mostly boost our U23 squad but a few years later has 15 goals to his name already this season.
2. Seamus Coleman - been such a breath of fresh air at right back after years watching Hibbert and Neville compete for that position.
3. Steven Naismith - didn't expect to like him when he first joined but although not the most skilful player he brought a tenacity in attack which we have often lacked in recent times. Still remember fondly his hat trick against Chelsea.
4. John Stones - Bought for £3m from Barnsley but forgotten about under David Moyes, a few years later he gets sold to Man City for nearly £50m and has nearly 40 England caps to date.
5. Landon Donovan - Wasn't expecting much from him during his first loan move but was very pleasantly surprised and seemed to fit into the team and their dynamics extremely well. Shame we couldn't make the move permanent.