July 15, 2020, 03:48:28 AM

Author Topic: Michael Keane  (Read 3551 times)

June 26, 2020, 12:35:10 AM
Reply #60

ajax_andy

Think you might wanna edit your spellings, mate.

Haha FFS don't know my Keans from my Keans 😂

June 26, 2020, 12:51:02 AM
Reply #61

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Haha FFS don't know my Keans from my Keans 😂

I for one am keen to see if you make the same mistake twice.
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 26, 2020, 12:57:33 AM
Reply #62

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
So, we can criticise if a replacement doesnít come off, but when DCL starts to flourish, after Brands had faith in him, itís just luck?

You canít have it both ways, mate.

I wasn't really criticizing Brands, in fact I never brought him into this. Just the fact that we have a pretty poor record with replacing players that we sell.
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

June 26, 2020, 01:00:18 AM
Reply #63

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I wasn't really criticizing Brands, in fact I never brought him into this. Just the fact that we have a pretty poor record with replacing players that we sell.

Right, before Brands 😅
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 26, 2020, 01:32:27 AM
Reply #64

Waltzer

Yes, he was on loan. If you recall, it was Silva pushing to the last day for Zouma "with confidence." Not quite the same thing as planning to sell Keane while lining up 1-2 replacements. Probably only 1 because I personally think Branthwaite isn't far off.

I'm not seeing the difference. Chelsea said all along Zouma wasn't being sold, we knew without getting a replacement we were massively short, Brands put all good eggs in the Zouma basket just like Silva did, he should've had a plan B and C not to leave us screwed.
If anything he should've had longer to prepare as we were told for most of the season and definitely the close season that Zouma wasnt going to be ours.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 01:38:54 AM by Waltzer »

June 26, 2020, 01:38:20 AM
Reply #65

Waltzer

So, we can criticise if a replacement doesn't come off, but when DCL starts to flourish, after Brands had faith in him, it's just luck?

You can't have it both ways, mate.
You could argue a replacement was needed for Rom. There's having faith and then there's being left with a striker that scored less goals in 3 seasons than what Rom did in 1. I'm all for giving kids a chance but I don't think many would argue it was wrong to put DCL in that position. Although appreciate that Walsh was more responsible than Brands for this

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 01:44:14 AM by Waltzer »

June 26, 2020, 01:41:55 AM
Reply #66

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Right, before Brands 😅

That doesn't change the fact we have a poor record. Brands has been here 2 years. Still 2 years without a replacement striker. Only Gbamin came in to replace Gana (after we had sold Gana too). As already said, no center back to replace Zouma. Jags left as well which left us with an injury prone Mina, an unstable Keane and a young Holgate who everyone had written off. We've been fortunate with DCL and Holgate finally coming good, but even that took time this season.

I like Brands and trust him far more than what we've had in the past, but this is one area that still needs proving. Letting Keane go without a replacement wouldn't be a good idea imo. It would leave us with a currently injured Mina and Holgate. And two kids we know nothing about at this level.

June 26, 2020, 01:45:33 AM
Reply #67

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
That doesn't change the fact we have a poor record. Brands has been here 2 years. Still 2 years without a replacement striker. Only Gbamin came in to replace Gana (after we had sold Gana too). As already said, no center back to replace Zouma. Jags left as well which left us with an injury prone Mina, an unstable Keane and a young Holgate who everyone had written off. We've been fortunate with DCL and Holgate finally coming good, but even that took time this season.

I like Brands and trust him far more than what we've had in the past, but this is one area that still needs proving. Letting Keane go without a replacement wouldn't be a good idea imo. It would leave us with a currently injured Mina and Holgate. And two kids we know nothing about at this level.

Tra la la la la

;D

I'm pretty sure if we sold Keane we'd have a plan in place is all I've been saying.
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 26, 2020, 01:46:16 AM
Reply #68

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Tra la la la la

;D

I'm pretty sure if we sold Keane we'd have a plan in place is all I've been saying.

You would hope so.

But this is Everton...

June 26, 2020, 04:32:01 AM
Reply #69

sam of the south

You could argue a replacement was needed for Rom. There's having faith and then there's being left with a striker that scored less goals in 3 seasons than what Rom did in 1. I'm all for giving kids a chance but I don't think many would argue it was wrong to put DCL in that position. Although appreciate that Walsh was more responsible than Brands for this

Brands explicitly said that he was putting his faith in the youth of DCL and Richarlison, and didnít want to take minutes away from their development.

Pretty bold to nail his colours to the mast, and Iím pleased we have those two plus Kean, rather than Tosun, Niasse, and somebody else who has hit their ceiling.
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

June 26, 2020, 05:13:02 AM
Reply #70

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think Keane is really good

June 26, 2020, 01:45:07 PM
Reply #71

penguinofdoom1878

June 27, 2020, 05:20:17 PM
Reply #72

Toddacelli

I'll probably get crucified for this but I still think Tarkowski is the better CB and we did Burnley a favour.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 02, 2020, 01:58:16 AM
Reply #73

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Another very solid game under Ancelotti, don't know why we'd sell. Easily a squad player if that is your bar for entry. Proving to be good enough for the starting XI under Ancelotti though.

July 02, 2020, 02:14:07 AM
Reply #74

Jamokachi

Thought he was excellent tonight, probably MOTM.