July 15, 2020, 03:50:51 AM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Plans  (Read 30308 times)

May 28, 2020, 02:21:11 AM
Reply #15

GrantyBoy78

As with the Gabriel story, earlier - thatís Kirkbride, David Maddock and The Athletic lot - that have all said the coffers will be dramatically reduced this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

May 28, 2020, 03:47:38 AM
Reply #16

Macca77

And so they should

May 28, 2020, 04:03:44 AM
Reply #17

Cereal Killer

As with the Gabriel story, earlier - thatís Kirkbride, David Maddock and The Athletic lot - that have all said the coffers will be dramatically reduced this summer.

As will everyoneís, so in relative terms weíre still in the same position

May 28, 2020, 09:01:07 AM
Reply #18

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Am not expecting much at all. I doubt many players will want to move, especially to the UK of coming from overseas. Not for a while at least.

I think merseyside is cursed. The RS finally get the title within their grasp. We finally get a world class manager after decades of dross and look what happens. Couldnít make it up.

All clubs are in the same boat. Itís really going to be a matter of survival for many. Damage limitation.

Weíre never getting rid of Sig are we?

Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

May 28, 2020, 02:05:41 PM
Reply #19

Cozzie

Everyones in the same boat. Appart from maybe Liverpool.

Just a shame this has happened with Carlo coming in.

We still have enough of a decent base for him to work with though.

Just praying we can shift some deadwood.

May 28, 2020, 02:55:36 PM
Reply #20

Waltzer

Depends how you look at it, it could also be a good opportunity for us to level the playing field. Lots of teams that are slightly more pragmatic like Spurs and Arsenal have indicated they won't do much, our owners have indicated they want to drive us up the table. We could really close the gap. We were spending money we didn't really have anyway, prices might come down but I still expect us to invest

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

May 28, 2020, 02:57:02 PM
Reply #21

GrantyBoy78

Liverpool are Utd will suffer the most as they generate a lot of money through match-day income. Us, much less so.

Canít see any of our deadwood leaving, other than those out of contract.

Hopefully we can fudge the figures a bit and squeeze out a couple of astute signings.

May 28, 2020, 02:59:16 PM
Reply #22

GrantyBoy78

Depends how you look at it, it could also be a good opportunity for us to level the playing field. Lots of teams that are slightly more pragmatic like Spurs and Arsenal have indicated they won't do much, our owners have indicated they want to drive us up the table. We could really close the gap. We were spending money we didn't really have anyway, prices might come down but I still expect us to invest

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
We did have the money, FFP just didnít allow us to spend it.

I see what youíre saying but these teams have bigger squads and better youth set-ups.

Carlo is going to have to work his magic and improve our midfield. Gbamin being the new Gana would dramatically help things.

May 28, 2020, 05:13:32 PM
Reply #23

Waltzer

We did have the money, FFP just didnít allow us to spend it.

I see what youíre saying but these teams have bigger squads and better youth set-ups.

Carlo is going to have to work his magic and improve our midfield. Gbamin being the new Gana would dramatically help things.

Yep, I meant we didnt have the money to spend with regards to income vs expenditure, but its not previously stopped us. I think the Man City thing will be interesting and I dont see FFP lasting too much longer in its current state as essentially it isnt fair. I think we will go pretty big again compared to others and close the gap on those above

May 28, 2020, 06:22:32 PM
Reply #24

GrantyBoy78

If FFP is loosened, then other clubs will probably go for it, too.

Weíll see, but the noises coming out of the club and all the journalists close to it, are saying there wonít be much money.

Pulling out of the Gabriel deal seems to back that up.

May 28, 2020, 06:27:07 PM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's not just the money thing, it's how well is your squad built right now to take a year of next to no recruitment

If your squad is built well, and you have a good academy, you can swallow a year of reduced recruitment.

If you have gone through about 6 managers and 4 different playing styles, signed old players on long contracts, struggled to cut the deadwood and allowed academy prospects to list directionlessly into their 20s without opportunity, then you might be in more trouble.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 28, 2020, 06:32:33 PM
Reply #26

Toddacelli

It's not just the money thing, it's how well is your squad built right now to take a year of next to no recruitment

If your squad is built well, and you have a good academy, you can swallow a year of reduced recruitment.

If you have gone through about 6 managers and 4 different playing styles, signed old players on long contracts, struggled to cut the deadwood and allowed academy prospects to list directionlessly into their 20s without opportunity, then you might be in more trouble.

The optimist in me is thinking - ship out the deadwood, reduce squad size and more key players (like Gbamin and Gomes) will have longer spells in the side to find form. Sometimes settling and using less players is a good thing.

The pessimist in me is thinking - with a smaller squad size - we're gonna hang on to the likes of Sigurdsson and Delph aren't we?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

May 28, 2020, 07:11:51 PM
Reply #27

ally2

I see no reason why player valuations will be affected after all this. Why should they be?

May 28, 2020, 07:19:29 PM
Reply #28

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I see no reason why player valuations will be affected after all this. Why should they be?
Because clubs incomes will have been affected by the fact they havenít been able to play along with still continuing to pay a fortune in wages.

All clubs will be in the same boat and there will be less movement and so it becomes a buyers market as demand is down.

Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

May 28, 2020, 08:06:08 PM
Reply #29

Waltzer

Im a kind of with you on this to a certain extent. Yes clubs are financially worst off but that doesnt automatically mean PSG will sell Mbappe for £150m instead of £200m. Wages might mean clubs need to get rid of some of their higher earners and will take reduced fees for certain players that they deem dispensable, but the top players will still retain their value and keep the market high as a rule so itll be a bit of a mixed economy.

Players we have on high wages that we want gone like Sig, Schneiderlin etc will be the big losses (they wouldve been anyway) but due to their wages I cant see many clubs paying a hefty transfer and wages, but the ones we want in to replace, like Allan, that Napoli dont want rid off will still demand a premium. Thats my take on it anyway