August 11, 2020, 01:37:13 AM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Plans  (Read 76523 times)

Dr. Sponge, kerryblue boy, Sir Stealth, kieranb, ToffeeKev and 30 Guests are viewing this topic.

August 02, 2020, 05:46:22 PM
Reply #1530

Waltzer

Can we offload some of these players in the coming week...
- Pennington
- Delph
- Besic
- Tosun
- Walcott
- Ramirez
- Bolasie
What's the fascination of getting rid of Walcott? Great professional, yes he's had his share of injuries, but we look much better with him in the team than without. Id personally be keen to keep him in the squad

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

August 02, 2020, 05:48:20 PM
Reply #1531

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, a squad player is no use when theyre always injured when needed

Give him away.

Always an issue with Injury prone players being thought of as good squad players.

People say if you can get 20 games out of them  etc but you cant guarantee that theyll be fit for the 20 games you need them for.

Actually think Delph has been better than most opinions on him. Actually tries to play like a midfielder. Daft tackles every now and again but weve missed some of that in the last run of games.

August 02, 2020, 05:52:50 PM
Reply #1532

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Not into the shouts of getting rid of Walcott myself.

Very important player for us.

Obviously we need to look for an upgrade on the right, but having him on the bench and able to fill in when needed makes the squad look stronger.

He can still perform to a high level and while hes still got the pace and touch he can still be a good player for us.

Yes.

As seen in these last games got a goal vs Villa, should have had an assist for DCL header vs Sheff Utd; and an assist vs Soton.

Gets into good positions which, even if he messes up, at least makes the other team move about and think about something.

Weve not upgraded many positions in the last few years. Only really Digne with Baines and that showed as our strongest position where we never looked short.

If we could improve on Walcott with him still here as back up then Id be less concerned about lacking balance on that side.

Yes hes on big wage but weve zero other options.

On the left we have quite a few players on big money who play, or can play there.

If were trimming costs then one of which left options needs to go before Walcott, for me.

August 02, 2020, 06:11:26 PM
Reply #1533

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Absolutely can't be selling Walcott, he's our best option on the right

August 02, 2020, 06:50:26 PM
Reply #1534

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah he's too high on the list of effective options isn't he.

Says a lot about our horrible recruitment of course.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 02, 2020, 06:53:47 PM
Reply #1535

kerryblue boy

What's the fascination of getting rid of Walcott? Great professional, yes he's had his share of injuries, but we look much better with him in the team than without. Id personally be keen to keep him in the squad

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
Walcott would be in my starting 11 every week always contributes something to the team

August 02, 2020, 07:01:56 PM
Reply #1536

ally2

Yes I'd begrudgingly keep Walcott. He is effective but we must have better.

August 02, 2020, 07:13:36 PM
Reply #1537

velimski

Daft to sell Walcott without a replacement coming in, however I am desperate for a replacement so that Walcott doesn't play.

August 02, 2020, 07:33:54 PM
Reply #1538

sam of the south

Out of all our 100k pw players, Walcott is the best one, I feel, when effectiveness, reliability, and fitness are all taken into consideration.

I bet we have the worst 100k club in world football, though.

Just look at the state of it.

Bernard - (6.24m/120k)
Yerry Mina - (6.24m/120k)
Andre Gomes - (5.835m/112k)
Jordan Pickford - (5.2m/100k)
Gylfi Sigurdsson - (5.2m/100k)
Theo Walcott  - (5.2m/100k)
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

August 02, 2020, 08:14:55 PM
Reply #1539

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Matty Longstaff on a free (plus development compensation)? Echo
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 02, 2020, 08:16:42 PM
Reply #1540

kerryblue boy

I saw something in the echo about josh king being linked 15 million would be good value at that price

August 02, 2020, 08:18:21 PM
Reply #1541

GrantyBoy78

Matty Longstaff on a free (plus development compensation)? Echo
Weve been linked a few times. Id have him over Davies.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

August 02, 2020, 08:18:57 PM
Reply #1542

KoemansNumberTens

Out of all our 100k pw players, Walcott is the best one, I feel, when effectiveness, reliability, and fitness are all taken into consideration.

Bernard - (6.24m/120k)

Its shocking how little our most senior/highest paid are contributing. Id be happy to give sigurdsson and Bernard away just to get them off the wage bill. Pickford was possibly the worst keeper in the entire league last season and Id be delighted to get our money back on Gomes and Walcott (which is extremely unlikely) the only 1 thats been better than average is Mina.

August 02, 2020, 08:29:13 PM
Reply #1543

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Bernard - (6.24m/120k)

Walcott hasn't been any more consistently fit than Mina or Gomes, to be fair. And isn't any more effective or consistently productive than those 2 either. I like Walcott, and I'm on record here as saying I'd be 100% comfortable with him as our #2 RW next season, but I don't think he's better than either of those 2 fellas.

The rest you can bin.

edit: quick question...are reported Prem fees POST-tax? Because otherwise our p/w are like 1/3 of the rest of the world.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 08:30:22 PM by YankeeBlue214 »
Playing FM20 24/7.

August 02, 2020, 08:52:39 PM
Reply #1544

sam of the south

Walcott hasn't been any more consistently fit than Mina or Gomes, to be fair. And isn't any more effective or consistently productive than those 2 either. I like Walcott, and I'm on record here as saying I'd be 100% comfortable with him as our #2 RW next season, but I don't think he's better than either of those 2 fellas.

The rest you can bin.

edit: quick question...are reported Prem fees POST-tax? Because otherwise our p/w are like 1/3 of the rest of the world.

Walcott gives us a much better shape, always works hard, and he stops the opposition from pushing up on us because of his mental pace. Gomes does nothing even remotely comparable in terms of usefulness, and Mina is always one rash challenge or one giant limb tweak away from compromising us.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau