July 12, 2020, 11:07:14 PM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Plans  (Read 27296 times)

GLewis, mikey_blue, Bob Sacamano, dazfrancis, Shogun (+ 1 Hidden) and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

May 28, 2020, 09:30:34 PM
Reply #30

GrantyBoy78

Im a kind of with you on this to a certain extent. Yes clubs are financially worst off but that doesnt automatically mean PSG will sell Mbappe for £150m instead of £200m. Wages might mean clubs need to get rid of some of their higher earners and will take reduced fees for certain players that they deem dispensable, but the top players will still retain their value and keep the market high as a rule so itll be a bit of a mixed economy.

Players we have on high wages that we want gone like Sig, Schneiderlin etc will be the big losses (they wouldve been anyway) but due to their wages I cant see many clubs paying a hefty transfer and wages, but the ones we want in to replace, like Allan, that Napoli dont want rid off will still demand a premium. Thats my take on it anyway
Yeah, only players teams want rid of or need the money for, will be sold on the cheap.

They donít want Allan and while heís sat on the bench/out of the squad, his value will only depreciate, so think heíd be available at a lower than market price. We were never playing £40m for him, anyway, and that was before all this. Not sure how much theyíd have to drop their asking price by.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

May 28, 2020, 09:42:28 PM
Reply #31

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Liverpool are Utd will suffer the most as they generate a lot of money through match-day income. Us, much less so.

Canít see any of our deadwood leaving, other than those out of contract.

Hopefully we can fudge the figures a bit and squeeze out a couple of astute signings.

A higher value but a lower % of total of imagine.

Uniteds big hit will come if they keep finishing outside of CL places. Then we might really see a change in circumstances for them.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

May 28, 2020, 09:52:23 PM
Reply #32

GrantyBoy78

A higher value but a lower % of total of imagine.

Uniteds big hit will come if they keep finishing outside of CL places. Then we might really see a change in circumstances for them.
Also, if next season is played behind closed doors. Thatíll be a massive hit on clubs like Utd and Liverpool where tourist fans not only attend the game, they also spend a shit load in the club store, as well.

May 28, 2020, 10:16:41 PM
Reply #33

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Also, if next season is played behind closed doors. Thatíll be a massive hit on clubs like Utd and Liverpool where tourist fans not only attend the game, they also spend a shit load in the club store, as well.

I can't help but see them as really well cushioned against impact tbh. You're right in what you say but they have such huge huge revenue from things like sponsors etc

Tell you what might be a blow actually - international friendly tourneys in Asia.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 02, 2020, 02:52:22 AM
Reply #34

kerryblue boy

A young Irish goalkeeper dan rose has refused a contract offer from us and signed for shalke in Germany sign of the times where young players see more first team opportunities over there

June 02, 2020, 05:47:03 AM
Reply #35

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
A young Irish goalkeeper dan rose has refused a contract offer from us and signed for shalke in Germany sign of the times where young players see more first team opportunities over there
They donít have covid there like England does.

Buggered if Iíd play in England at the moment either.

Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

June 02, 2020, 10:17:41 AM
Reply #36

GrantyBoy78

TBF, theyíre so shit heíll be going straight into their first team.

June 02, 2020, 02:13:46 PM
Reply #37

kerryblue boy

TBF, they're so shit he'll be going straight into their first team.

Yeah true my point is he is highly rated and would rather start again in Germany than sign extension with us premier league is very poor now for young player development

June 02, 2020, 02:47:26 PM
Reply #38

Toddacelli

They donít have covid there like England does.

Buggered if Iíd play in England at the moment either.

They're not reporting the same figures as UK. That's not the same as not actually having them.

But tbf it might be a sensible approach from the lad based on his development. As a goalkeeper hey may have a slightly longer career so a few years top flight-first team competitive football before the glare of the Premiership sounds quite sensible to me.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 02, 2020, 03:50:32 PM
Reply #39

ally2

People are just going to Germany because it's the cool thing to do at the moment. The Beatles started it. I think it's great, especially when you're still young.

June 02, 2020, 04:02:59 PM
Reply #40

Waltzer

People are just going to Germany because it's the cool thing to do at the moment. The Beatles started it. I think it's great, especially when you're still young.

Im all for it, I think its one of the things thats hindered our National team previously as we havent had enough players trying to better themselves abroad, prefer this to the lazy option of going on loan to a Championship side or lower that most do then rarely progress

June 02, 2020, 06:57:48 PM
Reply #41

GrantyBoy78

Besic returns from loan at Sheffield Utd, and now theyíre definitely not signing him. Adding to the absolute cluster-fuck thatíll be this summer transfer window.

June 02, 2020, 07:47:42 PM
Reply #42

Waltzer

Besic returns from loan at Sheffield Utd, and now they're definitely not signing him. Adding to the absolute cluster-fuck that'll be this summer transfer window.

Yes, although he's probably the nearest thing we have to filling the Gueye size hole we have in our team now that Gbamin is out. Hope we get much, much, better but he's probably a better option than some of them that we've used

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

June 02, 2020, 07:57:44 PM
Reply #43

Shogun

Administrator
Besic returns from loan at Sheffield Utd, and now they’re definitely not signing him. Adding to the absolute cluster-fuck that’ll be this summer transfer window.

Besic isn't an awful player though. He might not be good enough for us but he's not an awful player compared to the likes of Niasse and Martina. Stick him in our midfield and you probably wouldn't even notice a difference.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

June 02, 2020, 08:45:17 PM
Reply #44

ally2

That's kind to Besic. He's not always reliable. That's the diplomatic way of putting it.