July 15, 2020, 02:52:52 AM

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Plans  (Read 30259 times)

kerryblue boy and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

June 02, 2020, 11:01:50 PM
Reply #45

Shogun

Administrator
That's kind to Besic. He's not always reliable. That's the diplomatic way of putting it.

He's rash as fuck but I'd be surprised if he got sent off more than once for us.

Sheffield United fans on him:

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/mo-besic.78592/
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 11:05:31 PM by Shogun »
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

June 03, 2020, 12:22:00 AM
Reply #46

Macca77

Very very average player Besic, championship level at best

June 03, 2020, 01:52:19 AM
Reply #47

GrantyBoy78

Like most of our other CMs, Besic is too slow and canít cover ground.

And I meant it was a blow to the summer coffers as weíd anticipated getting £5m-£8m (depending on which report you read) form Sheff Utd, for him. I wasnít advocating playing him.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

June 03, 2020, 01:54:14 AM
Reply #48

Bluedylan

Two words - Bobby Martinez.

Clueless.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 03, 2020, 02:02:30 AM
Reply #49

Shogun

Administrator
Two words - Bobby Martinez.

Clueless.

Love how he blagged people that he watched Mo in Hungary rather than buying him off the world cup
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

June 03, 2020, 01:19:10 PM
Reply #50

Toddacelli

Love how he blagged people that he watched Mo in Hungary rather than buying him off the world cup

Bought him off that 3 min YouTube video where he had Gareth Bale off for pace, power and everything aged 19.

Sadly it seems that was the peak of his career.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 03, 2020, 06:13:22 PM
Reply #51

Waltzer

Bought him off that 3 min YouTube video where he had Gareth Bale off for pace, power and everything aged 19.

Sadly it seems that was the peak of his career.

I thought he had a great game against Messi that made people start to look at him, but could be wrong?

The irony is  hes probably one of the only midfielders we've got that we could sell and make a profit on thats how bad some of our recruitment has been

June 03, 2020, 08:22:15 PM
Reply #52

GrantyBoy78

Last year of his contract I think. Itíll probably be another loan before leaving on a free.

June 03, 2020, 08:22:50 PM
Reply #53

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Haha

Why did we give this lad a five year deal?
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 03, 2020, 10:10:34 PM
Reply #54

Waltzer

Haha

Why did we give this lad a five year deal?

Think you need to take other things into context. he was only young and did show potential and was a full international at the time. Hes 'only' on 30k a week so even if it didnt work out we didnt price him out of the market like we did with players like Sandro

June 04, 2020, 12:47:02 AM
Reply #55

KoemansNumberTens

Besic was a decent buy at the price. What does amaze me though is that weíve known from the very beginning that he wasnít going to be good enough but still havenít managed to sell him on. We should have had no problem moving him for 5-10m yet heíll probably be going on a free
We seem very cowardly when it comes to making judgements on players. Same with the likes of dowell too. We wait and wait and lose any hope of getting anything for them

June 04, 2020, 02:38:32 PM
Reply #56

Toddacelli

Besic was a decent buy at the price. What does amaze me though is that weíve known from the very beginning that he wasnít going to be good enough but still havenít managed to sell him on. We should have had no problem moving him for 5-10m yet heíll probably be going on a free
We seem very cowardly when it comes to making judgements on players. Same with the likes of dowell too. We wait and wait and lose any hope of getting anything for them

I'd agree on this. Without sounding too mercenary - we do hold on to players for too long.

Perhaps one of the things that enables us to buy players is that they know if they come to Everton they will get a decent contract time? I dunno. Speculation. Maybe it helps us in one way even as it hurts us in others.

If you play the stats game and remove all feelings - we could chuck in something like - after a second injury spell of more than 8 weeks, they should be looked at to be moved on - regardless of anything else. Just because players with big injuries always seem to pick up more, lose value and stutter out for us. Harsh, but practical.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 04, 2020, 07:22:10 PM
Reply #57

GrantyBoy78

Just seen Spurs have taken out a £175m Bank of England loan to cover themselves for an anticipated £200m loss due to COVID-19. Itís not for transfers, just operational costs.

Alarm bells...

June 04, 2020, 10:08:47 PM
Reply #58

Evertonian in NC

Roberto gets fired...So.  Many.  Times.  In my Footy Manager career.

And no, even a fanboy like myself couldn't find a useful role for Our Madman Mo in the side.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

June 05, 2020, 05:22:46 AM
Reply #59

toshyboy

Remember Mo at full back at Wembley