July 12, 2020, 10:20:49 PM

Author Topic: Nine matches left, what can we still achieve?  (Read 3949 times)

June 22, 2020, 07:35:39 PM
Reply #15

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I guess we’ll find out, hard not to think we’ll be one of the most affected given how much better we usually play at home.

I don't think home or away matters at all if the stadiums are empty.

It's just 8 matches now.

3 against the current relegation spots.
3 against the battling-for-5th-through-7th spots.
And Leicester & Soton.

Probably get about 12 pts, maybe finish 9th or 10th. 8th on the high side.
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 22, 2020, 07:56:10 PM
Reply #16

Macca77

June 22, 2020, 09:02:47 PM
Reply #17

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
8th would be excellent but I think it's just a case of do Ok and get our selves ready for next year.

Not the easiest run in, especially as Southampton have got themselves sorted. Bournemouth, villa and Norwich are the three I'd say we should be better than but looking at our past results..

Liverpool H,
Leicester H,
Southampton H,
Aston Villa H,
Bournemouth H
Norwich, A,
Spurs A,
Wolves A,
Sheffield United A

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 22, 2020, 10:19:42 PM
Reply #18

ajax_andy

I want 8th, just purely so on paper it doesn't look like we're going backwards... 8th, 8th, 8th looks a lot better to potential signings than 8th, 8th, 12th.

June 22, 2020, 10:36:02 PM
Reply #19

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I want 8th, just purely so on paper it doesn't look like we're going backwards... 8th, 8th, 8th looks a lot better to potential signings than 8th, 8th, 12th.

When looking ahead - the only thing a new signing would care about - 8th Allardyce 8th Silva 12th Ancelotti renders that fear null & void.
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 22, 2020, 10:43:22 PM
Reply #20

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
8th could be enough for Europe still too.

Plenty could happen over the last few games. Could still have an interesting end of the season if a few teams above slip up and we maintain some steam.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 22, 2020, 10:52:52 PM
Reply #21

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
8th could be enough for Europe still too.

Plenty could happen over the last few games. Could still have an interesting end of the season if a few teams above slip up and we maintain some steam.

Especially when you consider that we have 3 "6-point" swing matches to come (SHU, Spurs, Wolves), and we're only 6 pts off 7th/8 pts off 5th.
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 22, 2020, 11:18:34 PM
Reply #22

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Especially when you consider that we have 3 "6-point" swing matches to come (SHU, Spurs, Wolves), and we're only 6 pts off 7th/8 pts off 5th.

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong i dont back us against any of those but there's interesting games to come for sure.

Main point is that we have a few games left for ancelotti to work with the team and get them into shape ahead of next year.

June 22, 2020, 11:31:24 PM
Reply #23

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon Ancelotti can outsmart each of those managers. It’s a matter if we can match the energy and intensity of Nuno’s side imo.

June 22, 2020, 11:31:58 PM
Reply #24

cantoffee

Obviously still a chance to finish in Europe so think we'll push for that but if it becomes less likely with 5 or so games to go I'd like to see a few of the younger lads get some minutes at least.

Sent from my SM-G970W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

June 22, 2020, 11:40:50 PM
Reply #25

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon Ancelotti can outsmart each of those managers. It’s a matter if we can match the energy and intensity of Nuno’s side imo.

That raises an interesting question IMO. They're very dangerous down the middle and to the right on the attack, esp. when Adamo is on. Would you perhaps go with Baines for the veteran know-how, or stick with Digne to keep up with Traore's blinding speed?
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 23, 2020, 12:05:59 AM
Reply #26

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
That raises an interesting question IMO. They're very dangerous down the middle and to the right on the attack, esp. when Adamo is on. Would you perhaps go with Baines for the veteran know-how, or stick with Digne to keep up with Traore's blinding speed?

You’ll always get a wildly biased answer from me when asked if Baines should play!

Though another fullback headed into his twilight completely pulled the pants down of one of the best wide attackers in Europe last night.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 12:08:21 AM by Bob Sacamano »

June 23, 2020, 12:06:57 AM
Reply #27

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Question: can any fullback match Adama’s pace? Is he the quickest in the league?

June 23, 2020, 12:08:39 AM
Reply #28

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Question: can any fullback match Adama’s pace? Is he the quickest in the league?

AW-B could easily but wrong side of the pitch.
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 23, 2020, 12:19:12 AM
Reply #29

kerryblue boy

Question: can any fullback match Adama's pace? Is he the quickest in the league?
Coleman gave mane a five yard start last evening and caught him easily still has loads of pace