July 15, 2020, 03:24:15 AM

Author Topic: Nine matches left, what can we still achieve?  (Read 4048 times)

June 23, 2020, 02:26:06 AM
Reply #30

Toddacelli

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 23, 2020, 02:31:43 AM
Reply #31

74Blue

Aaron Wan-Bissaka the right back that Utd paid shitloads for from Palace

June 23, 2020, 02:47:12 AM
Reply #32

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Who?

Aaron Wan-Bissaka the right back that Utd paid shitloads for from Palace

Sorry, should've written A W-B :-D
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 23, 2020, 02:56:03 PM
Reply #33

Toddacelli

Sorry, should've written A W-B :-D

Wouldn't of mattered - I still wouldn't have got it! Although I think of myself as a huge football fan because i love the game so much - my knowledge is pretty limited to Everton as all I tend to watch is Everton, most FA Cup and Champions League finals and some internationals.

My ma, bless her, always says she wants me on her quiz team to answer the sport questions. I keep telling her - literally any o0ther sport than football and I won't have a clue. I can name about 10 cricketers and maybe 5 rugby players and they're a mis-match of who was briefly famous at some point over the last 40 years.

And I also have a pretty shit memory - so unless the questions are about the 1985 Everton European Cup Winners Cup Winning squad (wait - did I even get that right?) or the Everton squad TODAY, then I will be about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 23, 2020, 06:49:38 PM
Reply #34

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Wouldn't of mattered - I still wouldn't have got it! Although I think of myself as a huge football fan because i love the game so much - my knowledge is pretty limited to Everton as all I tend to watch is Everton, most FA Cup and Champions League finals and some internationals.

My ma, bless her, always says she wants me on her quiz team to answer the sport questions. I keep telling her - literally any o0ther sport than football and I won't have a clue. I can name about 10 cricketers and maybe 5 rugby players and they're a mis-match of who was briefly famous at some point over the last 40 years.

And I also have a pretty shit memory - so unless the questions are about the 1985 Everton European Cup Winners Cup Winning squad (wait - did I even get that right?) or the Everton squad TODAY, then I will be about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

If you're making hot chocolate, a chocolate teapot would be incredibly useful, just sayin'.

#deepthoughts
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 23, 2020, 07:40:31 PM
Reply #35

Mouse

NSNO Subscriber
If you're making hot chocolate, a chocolate teapot would be incredibly useful, just sayin'.

#deepthoughts
God, you've been missed, insights  ;D
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.

June 24, 2020, 12:17:50 PM
Reply #36

BlueMaquis

Well, looking at the table...

we can achieve some numbers next to our club name which are different from what they are now.
Is that an achievement?

June 24, 2020, 07:09:19 PM
Reply #37

74Blue

I suppose we just have to go all out to win the remaining games and see where we finish. It's not inconceivable that a couple of teams above us could slip up and leave the door slightly ajar for us.

June 24, 2020, 07:36:37 PM
Reply #38

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I suppose we just have to go all out to win the remaining games and see where we finish. It's not inconceivable that a couple of teams above us could slip up and leave the door slightly ajar for us.

That's what I was saying; we play 3 of them (SHU, Spurs, Wolves).

Check out Sheff Utd's remaining games: United, Spurs, Burnley, Wolves, Chelsea, Leicester, us, Southampton.

Spurs: SHU, us, Bournemouth, Arsenal, Newcastle, Leicester, Palace.

Wolves: Bournemouth, Villa, Arsenal, SHU, us, Burnley, Palace, Chelsea.

Arsenal: Southampton, SHU, Norwich, Wolves, Leicester, Spurs, Liverpool, Villa, Watford.

Us: Norwich, Leicester, Spurs, Southampton, Wolves, Villa, SHU, Bournemouth.

Those are basically the teams who'll be fighting it out for 6th/7th, both of which will qualify for continental football. City already won the Carabao, so 6th is in. And United, City, Leicester, and Chelsea are all still in the FA, so I'm assuming one of them will win that, putting 7th into Europe too.

Crazy how we all play each other though.
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 25, 2020, 10:47:11 AM
Reply #39

Ramjam

With SHU slipping up in their last couple of games I can see them going into free fall now Yankee, my big worry is Spurs coming into form , the Covid break was a blessing for them in order to get Kane and Son fit for the run in. Jammy bastards that Spurs side and another media darling who get all the decisions going their way.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 26, 2020, 02:21:38 AM
Reply #40

Shogun

Administrator
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

June 26, 2020, 02:34:47 AM
Reply #41

stirlingblue

Away fixtures in bold

Mad that Tottenham away is considered easier than Leicester at home

June 26, 2020, 02:42:35 AM
Reply #42

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Away fixtures in bold

Who came up with this, a Leicester fan?

They're 6 pts off 7th and going in the wrong direction.
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 26, 2020, 04:38:22 AM
Reply #43

Shogun

Administrator
Who came up with this, a Leicester fan?

They're 6 pts off 7th and going in the wrong direction.

They're 10 points ahead of 7th, what are you chatting
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

June 26, 2020, 05:21:52 AM
Reply #44

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
They're 10 points ahead of 7th, what are you chatting

Sorry, I didn't shift the spots up. They're 6 pts off being 6th. They have 55 in 3rd; Wolves have 49 in 6th.
Playing FM20 24/7.