July 15, 2020, 03:34:35 AM

Author Topic: Nine matches left, what can we still achieve?  (Read 4049 times)

June 26, 2020, 07:47:08 AM
Reply #45

Shogun

Administrator
Sorry, I didn't shift the spots up. They're 6 pts off being 6th. They have 55 in 3rd; Wolves have 49 in 6th.

Yep, I only posted it as an overview of the fixtures left.

Might be the result of 4 points from two games but only match we have left that I think we'll lose is Wolves away. All the others, nothing to fear really.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

June 26, 2020, 06:11:52 PM
Reply #46

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

June 26, 2020, 07:23:27 PM
Reply #47

ajax_andy

Does anyone know what the form table is since Ancelloti took over?  Would be interesting to see where we lie in the standings since he took over as it'd maybe help us have a basis for what we could expect Vs those around us.

June 26, 2020, 07:34:10 PM
Reply #48

Shogun

Administrator
Does anyone know what the form table is since Ancelloti took over?  Would be interesting to see where we lie in the standings since he took over as it'd maybe help us have a basis for what we could expect Vs those around us.

Pretty good

If you're not angry, you're not listening.

June 26, 2020, 08:04:16 PM
Reply #49

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Pretty good

And in addition to that, each manager essentially was in charge for 1 of the 2 games vs each opponent. The 3 Dunc matches being the difference, of course.
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 26, 2020, 08:09:04 PM
Reply #50

dazfrancis

Pretty good

Given the injuries and deficiencies in the squad I see that is over-performing slightly

June 26, 2020, 08:51:39 PM
Reply #51

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Given the injuries and deficiencies in the squad I see that is over-performing slightly

Excellent point.
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 26, 2020, 10:34:48 PM
Reply #52

ajax_andy

Pretty good

Thanks for that, definitely gives some enclosed for the rest of the season, felt after Norwich we looked short of making a challenge for top 7, but actually looking at that there's every reason to feel it's possible ☺️

June 27, 2020, 05:13:49 PM
Reply #53

Toddacelli

Whilst the form table is interesting to look back on - I can't help but wonder if form has gone right out the window with the breaks to the season and new breaks to the game?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 27, 2020, 05:19:11 PM
Reply #54

velimski

Whilst the form table is interesting to look back on - I can't help but wonder if form has gone right out the window with the breaks to the season and new breaks to the game?

Probably yes, although if you think that slate has been wiped clean its possible (although unlikely) that our form could actually improve since the restart.

June 27, 2020, 05:22:22 PM
Reply #55

Toddacelli

Probably yes, although if you think that slate has been wiped clean its possible (although unlikely) that our form could actually improve since the restart.

Yes that is 100% what I'm hoping for and the previous form table does make me a bit optimistic in that regard.

Can't remember a win as underwhelming as Norwich for quite a while though.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 27, 2020, 05:41:48 PM
Reply #56

velimski

Yes that is 100% what I'm hoping for and the previous form table does make me a bit optimistic in that regard.

Can't remember a win as underwhelming as Norwich for quite a while though.

The pessimist in me thinks it's more likely that we'll go on a bad run rather than a good one. But after the last few years that's probably quite a natural thought process.

June 27, 2020, 07:17:17 PM
Reply #57

ajax_andy

The pessimist in me thinks it's more likely that we'll go on a bad run rather than a good one. But after the last few years that's probably quite a natural thought process.

I think the one advantage we have Vs other seasons is a world class manager and players playing for a future under him.  That gives us maybe more impetus than other teams like Sheff UTD and Crystal Palace who have already achieved everything they wanted and more.

June 27, 2020, 07:46:38 PM
Reply #58

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber

Judging by the quality of the post-break matches, I'd say form has definitely gone right out the window.
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 27, 2020, 07:51:27 PM
Reply #59

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
As for "home" and "away," I don't think it matters much when there's no crowds. There have still been more wins, but a lot of draws and at least 8 losses to the "away" team.
Playing FM20 24/7.