July 12, 2020, 11:52:01 PM

Author Topic: [News]Everton announce new main sponsor  (Read 7262 times)

June 08, 2020, 10:24:04 PM
Reply #30

Macca77

June 08, 2020, 10:25:11 PM
Reply #31

Gash

Global Moderator
They're a very new company to the motor trade and are forecasting big losses over the first few years but they're hoping to be the Amazon of the motor trade. They also have some serious backers looking to invest in the company. The owner started Lovefilm and sold it to Amazon and also Zoopla which sold for a couple of billion.

They're a very serious business the only thing that will stop them is whether the buying public are ready to do it all online or if they still want to "touch and feel" the car they're buying, they also have some very ambitious (some would say delusional) targets. The jury's out at the moment, opinion is split in the trade as to whether they'll pull it off or die on their arse, they certainly wouldn't be the first to try online sales only and fall flat.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 10:26:33 PM by Gash »

June 08, 2020, 10:26:27 PM
Reply #32

Trowel

Only club in the top flight with a British brand on the shirt, which may mean something to some people.

Good article on the fella here. Smart, but wouldn't be surprised if he let his kids chose the brand name though - yeesh, way to kill kit sales... :/

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/business-interview-alex-chesterman-the-tech-tycoon-turned-used-car-salesman-on-his-final-excursion-a4362141.html
Interesting:

After economics at UCL — “I only went to please my parents” — he accepted a job at Goldman Sachs. “Then I bumped into a friend of my father’s, Robert [Earl] who was running Hard Rock and said I’d have more fun on his management programme in Florida. My plan was to defer Goldman for three months in the sun.

“First business lesson I learnt: a university graduate doesn’t get to dictate their terms to the largest bank in the world.”

He picked burgers over banking (“my parents weren’t happy”), and ended up managing Hard Rock Orlando, the “highest-grossing restaurant in the world, taking $1 million a week”. When Earl launched Planet Hollywood a year later, Chesterman was its first employee.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

June 08, 2020, 10:30:05 PM
Reply #33

dchans

I work in the motor trade

Hate Cazoo

Fuck
Fancy your own online, part time business?  Just PM me for more details...

June 08, 2020, 10:35:27 PM
Reply #34

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Also helps having an innovator/challenger brand in the trenches with you opposed to an overseas betting company. One would assume.

June 08, 2020, 10:38:40 PM
Reply #35

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
It's not the words themselves I don't like. I want to hear about record deals I just want them to be real.

Was SP our record sponsor? His this one worth more?

Maybe they’ve temperature checked and found out the internet hates it when we use the phrases we’re talking about?

June 08, 2020, 10:46:57 PM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Was SP our record sponsor? His this one worth more?

Maybe they’ve temperature checked and found out the internet hates it when we use the phrases we’re talking about?

So was our record sponsor yeah, about 9.6 a year.

My personal feeling is after a little bit of reflection...it's likely to be about 9, what Jimmy quoted.

This would be the largest of its type in the UK as far as I can see, and with it not being betting (majority outside top 6, none in top 6) it's a *bit* of a win.

God knows what will happen to sponsorships outside the top 6 after all this pandemic business...it's probably an ok bit of business but not the seismic (or any kind of) leap I (somewhat unrealistically) wish it was.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 08, 2020, 10:54:26 PM
Reply #37

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Don’t know what people expected.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 08, 2020, 10:58:27 PM
Reply #38

Mayor Farnum

Surprised no-one has suggested we forgo the money and have Black Lives Matter on the shirt.
Something clever written by someone else.

June 08, 2020, 11:02:29 PM
Reply #39

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Surprised no-one has suggested we forgo the money and have Black Lives Matter on the shirt.

I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

June 08, 2020, 11:02:39 PM
Reply #40

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Don’t know what people expected.

I don't think anyone was expecting a used motors site you've never heard of for less than our current deal, I mean I can admit that I've warmed to it but come on, you weren't expecting that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 08, 2020, 11:05:45 PM
Reply #41

Shogun

Administrator
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

June 08, 2020, 11:08:06 PM
Reply #42

KoemansNumberTens

Some of our fan base are lunatics.
People on the Facebook page are complaining that they’ve been let down with this and that they’ve never heard of them.
What the hell do they think a shirt sponsor does?

June 08, 2020, 11:12:09 PM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Better than gambling

Especially when you look at how the league looks. Imagine the rug was pulled on gambling as a sponsor.

For the more +/- minded amoung us this leaves us open to a separate sponsor for the ladies kit, and regional gambling sponsors tied to region, two things previously inaccessible with the SP deal.

Also of course we could take a gambling site as the sleeve sponsor which is yet to be announced.

Not really progress but maybe not as shite as I initially feared.

June 08, 2020, 11:13:40 PM
Reply #44

KoemansNumberTens

Oh people on here not happy too. Just assumed it was the Internet lunatics

I wonder if ITV complain when they only get washing powder and kitchen towel adverts on Wednesdays Corrie

They are just paying to advertise on our shirts. Why would anyone give a shit so long as it’s the best offer we got and it’s not immoral (a snuff movie site or the local smack dealer)