July 15, 2020, 03:39:34 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton announce new main sponsor  (Read 7347 times)

June 08, 2020, 11:57:27 PM
Reply #45

GrantyBoy78

Some of our fan base are lunatics.
People on the Facebook page are complaining that they've been let down with this and that they've never heard of them.
What the hell do they think a shirt sponsor does?
Away support aside, we’ve got some of the worst fans in football.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

June 08, 2020, 11:57:40 PM
Reply #46

phillyt

Presumably we are getting the same or slightly more than sportpesa but what we will be able to do now is sign up to an “betting partner”  which in itself will be small (500k-£1m)  to boost the coffers. In reality this isn’t so much about getting money in to spend. We have access to plenty of that, it’s about building a portfolio of commercial income to boost our ffp allowance so we can spend it. Should it come back in any form after the pandemic.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

June 08, 2020, 11:59:27 PM
Reply #47

Macca77

We're clearly gonna have a record shirt sleeve sponsor as well

June 09, 2020, 12:05:53 AM
Reply #48

GrantyBoy78

Hopefully we’ve got a break clause in there should there be a batter option, going forward. Unlikely though.

We’re not out of lockdown yet, so we’ve not really experienced the new normal - but the world’s finances are fucked. Completely and utterly fucked. It’ll become very apparent soon and affect most people’s everyday lives. To get a sponsorship deal that matches the previous one is a great deal, given the circumstances.

But it wouldn’t be as big as we would’ve anticipated when we ditched SportPesa. Couple that with the injuries and all the money we’ll lose because of the pandemic - we’re in for a rough couple of years as a club.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

June 09, 2020, 12:11:34 AM
Reply #49

toshyboy

Kids will be made up as they can have a shirt the same as their idols now

June 09, 2020, 12:12:00 AM
Reply #50

Simon Paul

Administrator
Kids will be made up as they can have a shirt the same as their idols now
Cazoo yeah they can

June 09, 2020, 12:18:24 AM
Reply #51

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I’d wager that the people who are moaning about the aesthetics are the same cranks throwing a wobbler about not having our kit made by under armour.

June 09, 2020, 12:34:19 AM
Reply #52

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Few little Twitter mock ups

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 09, 2020, 12:34:55 AM
Reply #53

Macca77

June 09, 2020, 12:39:51 AM
Reply #54

penguinofdoom1878

Few little Twitter mock ups

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

that blue one looks like an Oldham Athletic shirt

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/november/09112019-fac-shirt/

June 09, 2020, 01:33:36 AM
Reply #55

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We won’t be getting a massively improved deal until we’re in Europe regularly

June 09, 2020, 02:27:21 AM
Reply #56

toffee_scot

One of my clients that I do paid search advertising for is a direct competitor of Cazoo in the used car market and they'd warned us about them back in November that they were looking to become big players in that space despite them being brand new.

I don't think I would have bought a Cazoo sponsored Everton shirt anyway.

June 09, 2020, 03:12:23 AM
Reply #57

Toddacelli

Oh well.

The fact that the kids can have the same shirts as the 1st team is the sweetcorn in the turd I suppose.

Still not seeing signs I'm hoping for that tell me we are making strides.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 09, 2020, 03:16:29 AM
Reply #58

KoemansNumberTens

Oh well.

The fact that the kids can have the same shirts as the 1st team is the sweetcorn in the turd I suppose.

Still not seeing signs I'm hoping for that tell me we are making strides.

Surely you don’t expect us to get significantly more in terms of advertising without getting better on the pitch. If anything we are worse and we are in the middle of a global financial crisis. How much more than 10m a year did you expect?

June 09, 2020, 04:06:37 AM
Reply #59

Jamokachi

Some mad opinions on here, not sure what you were all expecting? We're slap bang where we would expect to be in terms of sponsorship value when compared to the competition(s) the teams above us play in year on year. Until we're cracking CL we're not going to pull in Spurs or Arsenal level money or prestige. In fact we're doing well to have better deals than clubs that have achieved far more than us in recent years.

I'm made up that it's not a gambling firm, that for me was the driving factor and I'm glad DBB has stuck to her convictions, as I was worried we'd read too much into it.

This was called too, for those that are saying it was a surprise. It's been doing the rounds on Twitter for a few weeks, with the name even having been mentioned.