July 15, 2020, 02:33:27 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton announce new main sponsor  (Read 7344 times)

June 09, 2020, 04:12:30 AM
Reply #60

Jamokachi

i kniw its not the be end but 900 followers on twitter hahah cant be the main sponsor? is it the sleeve sponsor??

They're basically a startup with a huge amount of funding from wealthy investors, so aggressive marketing such as this is exactly how they're going to get traction. They only launched in late 2019.

Before moaning about it being "disgusting" or "pathetic" or that the club is "amateur" or a "disgrace" or a "laughing stock" I do wish people would take 5 minutes just to look into these things, you're all on the internet here... use it!

June 09, 2020, 04:21:12 AM
Reply #61

Jamokachi

Nope. Luckily thatís still... angry birds.

Hummel , angry birds and Cazoo. Jeez

Or you can look at it with a positive spin, but I get your head might fall off if you ever tried...

Hummel being one of the most iconic football brands ever, who are seeing a massive resurgence in popularity thanks in huge part to the retro shirt market which has been going from strength to strength in recent years.

Cazoo being a fast growing startup who are looking to make huge strides in their market and are owned by one of the most successful British entrepreneurs, who most importantly are not a betting firm and still position us amongst the "best of the rest" deals in the league.

Angry Birds (which is ending anyway) was again an innovative deal that opened marketing channels to millions and allowed the club access to a new dimension of advertising.

But it's not a prestigious Nike identikit and we're not sponsored by an airline...

June 09, 2020, 04:32:51 AM
Reply #62

goodtouchforabigman

Totally agree mate. And them mock up kits with Cazoo on look sound. Aesthetically i think the logo is pretty inoffensive and works quite well.
They're basically a startup with a huge amount of funding from wealthy investors, so aggressive marketing such as this is exactly how they're going to get traction. They only launched in late 2019.

Before moaning about it being "disgusting" or "pathetic" or that the club is "amateur" or a "disgrace" or a "laughing stock" I do wish people would take 5 minutes just to look into these things, you're all on the internet here... use it!

Sent from my SM-G950F using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

June 09, 2020, 05:02:26 AM
Reply #63

American Evertonian

Are we there yet?

June 09, 2020, 06:21:10 AM
Reply #64

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Makes me think of this great tune.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

June 09, 2020, 07:07:55 AM
Reply #65

Heisenberg

Or you can look at it with a positive spin, but I get your head might fall off if you ever tried...

Hummel being one of the most iconic football brands ever, who are seeing a massive resurgence in popularity thanks in huge part to the retro shirt market which has been going from strength to strength in recent years.

Cazoo being a fast growing startup who are looking to make huge strides in their market and are owned by one of the most successful British entrepreneurs, who most importantly are not a betting firm and still position us amongst the "best of the rest" deals in the league.

Angry Birds (which is ending anyway) was again an innovative deal that opened marketing channels to millions and allowed the club access to a new dimension of advertising.

But it's not a prestigious Nike identikit and we're not sponsored by an airline...

Behave. Hummel is shit you fossil

June 09, 2020, 02:12:16 PM
Reply #66

Waltzer

Must admit I was pretty gutted when I heard of this, but the more you look into it and see some of the mockups im starting to change my mind. Will be good for the kids too and its refreshing not to have a betting company on there

June 09, 2020, 02:22:02 PM
Reply #67

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I for one have always wanted Everton to join the famous ranks of Hummel, with such towering greats as *checks notes* Coventry, Charlton and the Lithuanian Football Association, and find it laughable that anyone expected any different.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 09, 2020, 02:54:22 PM
Reply #68

Toddacelli

Surely you donít expect us to get significantly more in terms of advertising without getting better on the pitch. If anything we are worse and we are in the middle of a global financial crisis. How much more than 10m a year did you expect?

It's not about that though is it - or we would never attract any better players than we have and we would always stay in the same place. Like when we swooped Lukaku, I'm hoping that our office teams can sell the dream, the vision and the future and attract that next level up to believe in us. Ever so slightly increasing each time.

This looks to me like we got sold the dream instead as all I hear about these is that they are new, ambitious and up and coming. Maybe they are. I hope so. Maybe they will attribute some of their success to this partnership and we can both go from strength to strength.

I'm selling myself the dream now aren't I?

Anyways, I understand that at the end of the day, we will get what people perceive us to be worth - what they are willing to pay - and a lot of that depends on how successful the team is on the pitch. I'm just desperately looking for little signs that we're breaking the old 'same old Everton that' mould that we've been in for years. I'd be genuinely happy with baby-steps as long as they're in the right direction. Moshiri, Brands, Ancelotti - on paper it looks exciting to me. Two of them have been here long enough to do that by now and the most exciting thing they have done so far is bring Ancelotti here.

Time will tell.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 09, 2020, 03:15:25 PM
Reply #69

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Cazoo will look shit on a shirt like.
Think it looks better than SportPesa.

June 09, 2020, 03:49:05 PM
Reply #70

GrantyBoy78

People gutted about this sponsor or Hummel, probably wear 110s and trackie bís in public. Surrender your hard drives to the police, ya cunts.

June 09, 2020, 04:01:14 PM
Reply #71

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thatís a strange conclusion to come to.

Nothing wrong with 110s ffs.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 09, 2020, 04:06:09 PM
Reply #72

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I've managed to convince myself like but there's no way on earth had we got one of the major brands (cept Nike for obv) and say one of the biggest companies in the world as sponsor people would be sat here going oh but I wanted Hummel, or ugh a huge blue chip company known around the world? What about a start up!

I'm warm to Hummel (better than le coq or umbro like) and I'm warming to CAZOO just fine, but the idea of this what anyone wanted or expected is a bit disingenuous.

People are disappointed for different reasons, largely it seems because they know the biggest clubs have the biggest brands and it goes hand in hand with club image, telling them Hummel are actually really popular now dontcha know because they did a Danish kit 30 years ago is honestly just a massive blag. I don't think I've ever seen a human wearing Hummel gear that wasn't a training bib.

For me PERSONALLY, it's interesting at least that there seems to be a sort of brand messaging going on. Challenger brands, disruptive brands. Not the biggest or brightest stars but ones that are a bit different. Financials we are in a different ball park but that just is what it is for now I suppose.

I'm warm. Warm to quite warm.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 09, 2020, 04:07:24 PM
Reply #73

GrantyBoy78

That's a strange conclusion to come to.

Nothing wrong with 110s ffs.
Hahahahhahahahahahhahahaha.

You carry a little Adidas man bag and a blade, too?

This explains so much!

June 09, 2020, 04:08:28 PM
Reply #74

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hahahahhahahahahahhahahaha.

You carry a little Adidas man bag and a blade, too?

This explains so much!

I am interested to know what you think he's got on his hard drive