July 15, 2020, 03:53:15 AM

Author Topic: [News]Blues set to offload midfield flop  (Read 2021 times)

June 23, 2020, 08:37:15 PM
Reply #15

indiantoffee1975

I donít think Iíve ever been as disappointed at a transfer not working out as this one. Thought he was a player when he first signed

Did well for the first few months under Koeman. Totally different player thereafter.

June 23, 2020, 09:04:58 PM
Reply #16

Evertonian in NC

I donít think Iíve ever been as disappointed at a transfer not working out as this one. Thought he was a player when he first signed

Oh yeah, he was so good that I deemed him "our quarterback on the pitch" and nobody even moaned about it.

Turned south fast, mind.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

June 23, 2020, 09:21:43 PM
Reply #17

Everton Mint

Technically a good player but with a weak personality. No stomach for the battle when things got tough.

This needs to be much more born in mind when we buy players. We need fighters with skill, like Richarlison.

June 23, 2020, 09:26:40 PM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

It was another deal where we got bullied in the negotiations. Despite him being on big wages, failing at Utd and him being completely surplus to requirements

June 23, 2020, 10:50:36 PM
Reply #19

toffee_scot

Overall disappointing, did well in the half season he joined. Don't know what happened after that, did he just lose interest or lack determination for us? So surprised he wasn't sold 2 years ago, perhaps it was because Marco Silva had initial belief in him as a "number 6"?

He just seems to be the kind of player that only plays well when the rest of the team is playing well, otherwise he's the last person to step up and inspire.

June 24, 2020, 01:10:01 AM
Reply #20

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Overall disappointing, did well in the half season he joined. Don't know what happened after that, did he just lose interest or lack determination for us? So surprised he wasn't sold 2 years ago, perhaps it was because Marco Silva had initial belief in him as a "number 6"?

He just seems to be the kind of player that only plays well when the rest of the team is playing well, otherwise he's the last person to step up and inspire.

I honestly remember him being this sort of character at Southampton, then he threw a wobbler over a move to spurs being blocked, form went to shit, then somehow got a move to Utd, they shit themselves and couldnít believe it when our crew rolled up with fresh Italian suntans and a fat chequebook.

June 24, 2020, 01:26:08 AM
Reply #21

Robioto

« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 01:42:37 AM by Robioto »

June 24, 2020, 02:22:36 AM
Reply #22

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
So what'd we get, like £2m or so? Sound ROI that. I guess the silver lining is that the £5.2m salary is gone.
Playing FM20 24/7.

June 24, 2020, 02:39:27 AM
Reply #23

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
One to bear in mind for the future - at the time we bought him, he was better than what we had.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 24, 2020, 03:06:25 AM
Reply #24

KoemansNumberTens

One to bear in mind for the future - at the time we bought him, he was better than what we had.

Itís only a test of a player if what you have is remotely useful. Heís another everyone was moaning we should just pay whatever it takes as it wasnít our money

June 24, 2020, 03:53:12 AM
Reply #25

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Itís only a test of a player if what you have is remotely useful. Heís another everyone was moaning we should just pay whatever it takes as it wasnít our money

That's my point my G, that 'hes better than what we have' is a horrible business strategy.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 24, 2020, 03:06:21 PM
Reply #26

Toddacelli

That's my point my G, that 'hes better than what we have' is a horrible business strategy.

Agreed. Please, please, let's see some building-a-team-made-of-parts-that-we-need-and-also-fit-together. Is there a single word that means all of that garbage I just wrote? Because if there is - then that's what we should do!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

June 24, 2020, 04:11:37 PM
Reply #27

dazfrancis

Couple that with the ridiculous wages we're dishing out to ultimately very average players, meaning no fucker can afford to take them off our hands

June 24, 2020, 04:35:36 PM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Couple that with the ridiculous wages we're dishing out to ultimately very average players, meaning no fucker can afford to take them off our hands

Exactly. all part of the same short sighted 'i don't care what it takes it makes us better next season' mentality that we need to shift badly

June 24, 2020, 05:11:09 PM
Reply #29

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Ah well, only just over another year to go before we stop paying Sandro £3.5 million a year, good thing is we havenít had to pay him any win bonus.