July 15, 2020, 03:45:09 AM

Author Topic: Thiago Silva  (Read 3436 times)

June 16, 2020, 03:45:13 AM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The money isn't much of a factor though.

I really do feel like we've been saying this for years and just burning money and opportunity like nobody's business.

Our wage to turnover ratio is terrible, one of if not the worst in the league.

Is what it is tho. There is that 20% there that wants to see him in an Everton top.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 16, 2020, 03:49:04 AM
Reply #31

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
I really do feel like we've been saying this for years and just burning money and opportunity like nobody's business.

Our wage to turnover ratio is terrible, one of if not the worst in the league.

Is what it is tho. There is that 20% there that wants to see him in an Everton top.

I get where you're coming from but this isn't a Sigurdsson, Bolasie or Sandro.

This is someone of real quality who improves the squad short term and fills a need.

"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

June 16, 2020, 03:51:12 AM
Reply #32

TSGun

I've no problem with this.

I have to admit I'm not the most up-to-date on his recent years but he's always come across to me as a quality professional, a leader and a proud footballer. I'd doubt any theories based upon wanting to get fat paychecks to aid retirement plans.
Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all. The needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before.

June 16, 2020, 03:56:19 AM
Reply #33

mikey_blue

The only 2 centre backs in the league whod be older than him: Jags and Wes Morgan.

Hard pass on this one for me. Well too old.

June 16, 2020, 04:07:48 AM
Reply #34

ally2

Also another tick in the Does Brands Actually Do Stuff box for me.

No worries there. He'd just be labelled a Moshiri vanity signing.

June 16, 2020, 04:29:58 AM
Reply #35

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Holgate, Mina, branthwaite, Gibson, Keane.

Think all our CBs are 27 and under so no issue with us adding an old head.

All about balance, we can sign Silva and still lower the age and wages elsewhere.

Hes still playing on a regular basis for PSG and Brazil so still has a lot to offer.

Weve had loads of old heads boss it at the back for us.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 16, 2020, 05:32:05 AM
Reply #36

Heisenberg

He would look head and shoulders above everyone else in our back line. 100% for me

June 16, 2020, 06:47:09 AM
Reply #37

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Another way of looking at it is were probably moving Schneiderlin on for him.

A useless player for a quality player. Could mean Holgate steps up as a dm in midfield as well?

Btw when does the transfer window open?

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

June 16, 2020, 11:26:27 AM
Reply #38

jongre123

This is the calibre of signing that takes us to the next level. Not because of how good of a player he is currently but because of his reputation. His signing will be the starting point of attracting more players who wouldnt have looked at us twice before.

June 16, 2020, 12:06:00 PM
Reply #39

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Another way of looking at it is were probably moving Schneiderlin on for him.

A useless player for a quality player. Could mean Holgate steps up as a dm in midfield as well?

Btw when does the transfer window open?

July 26th (end of the season), no date has been set yet for when the window closes.

June 16, 2020, 12:20:41 PM
Reply #40

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
Whilst Id want younger players being brought in Id have absolutely no issue with this. Top quality player, being on a free balances out the high wages and would improve our defence immeasurably plus would be a great mentor for Holgate etc 

(Zoolander)

June 16, 2020, 03:45:35 PM
Reply #41

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Had he been playing regularly for PSG/Brazil?

He has been a quality player and is a leader. You'd like to think if Carlo is driving this then he knows that he's got something good to bring us

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 16, 2020, 04:01:14 PM
Reply #42

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Had he been playing regularly for PSG/Brazil?

He has been a quality player and is a leader. You'd like to think if Carlo is driving this then he knows that he's got something good to bring us

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yeah, still playing on a regular basis for both I think.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 16, 2020, 06:25:38 PM
Reply #43

74Blue

Maybe Braithwaite and Gibson are seen as the future, but perhaps are a season or so away from being good enough to plunge straight into playing week in week out in the PL. Having someone of Thiago Silva's ability to plug that gap for a season or so gives us the ability to send one of them out on loan to get valuable experience.

June 16, 2020, 10:53:52 PM
Reply #44

kerryblue boy

Wants 11 million a year salary apparently thats 190000 a week is he worth that at his age