July 15, 2020, 01:40:35 AM

Author Topic: Singing the blues?  (Read 413 times)

June 21, 2020, 09:15:44 PM
Read 413 times

mikey_blue

Iím not sure itís been asked recently, Iíve not been active while there hasnít been any footy on. but I couldnít see a thread on it. If it has been asked, please move this Mods

With all this madness going on in the world and without football playing the role of a welcome distraction, how have you been coping without the blues?

Personally Iíve not enjoyed whatís been going on, but quarantine, to me, has felt like a good time to reset. Iím used to being away for long periods of time when I was in the Navy, and itís had a similar effect to that. Mental, physical and financial break which has come at a good time.

A lot of the other non football related stuff going on feels like something so much more worth concentrating on, than an bunch of lads kicking a ball around the park for mega bucks. Will football and other sports come back and will it take societyís mind off what matters?

That being said. Have I missed the blues? Honestly, I donít knowI didnít realise it until I woke up this morning that it was the Derby when the group chat was full of likeminded blues shitting themselves and others trying to pretend that they werenít arsed . I instantly just got that dull feeling wash over me knowing that the my Sunday evening will more likely be shrouded in misery. That feeling of prolonging the inevitable, peppered with a glimmer of hope. Which I think it makes it worse!

How have you been handling life without the blues?

June 21, 2020, 11:21:22 PM
Reply #1

ally2

Haven't missed it at all. We're crap at the moment with absolutely nothing to play for. I would have felt similar if things had carried on as normal. More interested in transfers in and out, and next season.

June 22, 2020, 03:05:56 AM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

Havenít missed it at all. We finished on a bad note against Chelsea and honestly being an Everton fan is a lot more downs and disappointments than anything else. Having said that though Iím pretty happy tonight. Played quite well got a positive result and we can go into the next games and more importantly next season with hope for better.

June 22, 2020, 03:10:04 AM
Reply #3

mikey_blue

Haven't missed it at all. We finished on a bad note against Chelsea and honestly being an Everton fan is a lot more downs and disappointments than anything else. Having said that though I'm pretty happy tonight. Played quite well got a positive result and we can go into the next games and more importantly next season with hope for better.

June 22, 2020, 03:44:48 AM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

Fully back on board now. 90 minutes was all it took.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

June 22, 2020, 04:01:31 AM
Reply #5

Simon Paul

Administrator
Thought that was a typical Derby game but without the excitement of the crowd