July 10, 2020, 08:41:36 PM

Author Topic: anyone else heard coutinho on loan rumours ?  (Read 885 times)

June 22, 2020, 06:42:11 PM
Read 885 times

formerKHL

I keep hearing this last few days....

anyone else heard it or am I just being wound up ?

June 23, 2020, 03:34:19 PM
Reply #1

penguinofdoom1878

I keep hearing this last few days....

anyone else heard it or am I just being wound up ?

offered £18m +£5m add ons for a loan deal according to the Express, the Barcelona want £23m upfront, you'd hope that we had a buy option in that

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1299708/Everton-Barcelona-Philippe-Coutinho-transfer-news

June 23, 2020, 03:40:58 PM
Reply #2

KoemansNumberTens

offered £18m +£5m add ons for a loan deal according to the Express, the Barcelona want £23m upfront, you'd hope that we had a buy option in that

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1299708/Everton-Barcelona-Philippe-Coutinho-transfer-news

Don’t really want us spending 20m to loan a player. I know it’s easier said than done but we need to be signing a 20m player who could become a 60m plus player rather than burning through money on loans instead

June 23, 2020, 04:30:02 PM
Reply #3

Robioto

He would be a quality signing for us, but £23m for a loan deal is insane, a 2 year loan maybe ok at that with an option to buy for further £23m at the end of the deal (but he'll be 30 then). Barcelona obviously want rid, maybe someone will take him on loan at that mental price though.

June 23, 2020, 04:35:42 PM
Reply #4

KoemansNumberTens

He would be a quality signing for us, but £23m for a loan deal is insane, a 2 year loan maybe ok at that with an option to buy for further £23m at the end of the deal (but he'll be 30 then). Barcelona obviously want rid, maybe someone will take him on loan at that mental price though.

Be absolute madness for us. Maybe for someone like Leicester who might need 1 big name to have a decent run in next seasons champions league and at qualifying for it for the season after too. For us though we aren’t just 1 player away from achieving. Even with him there’s every chance we’d finish around 7th at best. It would be vanity rather than building or achieving anything

June 23, 2020, 05:13:18 PM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

If we do this we are a lost cause.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 23, 2020, 05:17:14 PM
Reply #6

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

June 23, 2020, 05:18:47 PM
Reply #7

Waltzer

Be absolute madness for us. Maybe for someone like Leicester who might need 1 big name to have a decent run in next seasons champions league and at qualifying for it for the season after too. For us though we aren’t just 1 player away from achieving. Even with him there’s every chance we’d finish around 7th at best. It would be vanity rather than building or achieving anything

Yes and no, if we got Coutinho and Allan I think we'd be pushing up the league. Leicester are a team that performs greater than the sum of their parts. But in Tielemans, Ndidi, and Maddison they have 3 players that would walk into our team and thats the engine room. We have Gomes who has shown the ability to perform at that level, but nobody else is anywhere near. Sig, Scheiderlin, Delph, Davies are all really poor in a 2 or 3. If we went in to next season with just Coutinho and Allan as reinforcements I think we'd do well

June 23, 2020, 05:35:27 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes and no, if we got Coutinho and Allan I think we'd be pushing up the league. Leicester are a team that performs greater than the sum of their parts. But in Tielemans, Ndidi, and Maddison they have 3 players that would walk into our team and thats the engine room. We have Gomes who has shown the ability to perform at that level, but nobody else is anywhere near. Sig, Scheiderlin, Delph, Davies are all really poor in a 2 or 3. If we went in to next season with just Coutinho and Allan as reinforcements I think we'd do well

Tielemans (23, £40m)
Ndidi (23, £16m)
Maddison (23, £22m)

Coutinho (29, £shitloads)
Allan (29, £shitloads)

Leicester are a good example of why we shouldn't spend money and commit to wages on very good players who are about to get a lot worse.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 23, 2020, 05:39:39 PM
Reply #9

Waltzer

Tielemans (23, £40m)
Ndidi (23, £16m)
Maddison (23, £22m)

Allan (29, £shitloads)

Leicester are a good example of why we shouldn't spend money and commit to wages on very good players who are about to get a lot worse.

Im 100% with you on that, but in terms of quality they'd help us close the gap massively. Id much prefer to get younger options that would enhance us and thats what im hoping Brands delivers as thats what he does, right? :)
But if we were to start the season with Coutinho and Allan instead of what we have I also wouldnt be upset
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 05:41:33 PM by Waltzer »

June 23, 2020, 06:05:02 PM
Reply #10

KoemansNumberTens

Im 100% with you on that, but in terms of quality they'd help us close the gap massively. Id much prefer to get younger options that would enhance us and thats what im hoping Brands delivers as thats what he does, right? :)
But if we were to start the season with Coutinho and Allan instead of what we have I also wouldnt be upset

But in the longer term we’d be no closer and pissing money away. Be more players we pay crazy wages through their decline while Leicester can sell their young stars replace them and build.

June 23, 2020, 06:06:38 PM
Reply #11

ajax_andy

Agree, but you'd have to get champions league for that outlay... anything less and it's bad business.  Sort of boom or bust which is a route I don't want to see us going down.  We need to buy younger quality players with a high ceiling or we'll perpetually just be not quite good enough IMO.

June 23, 2020, 06:11:13 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Tielemans (23, £40m)
Ndidi (23, £16m)
Maddison (23, £22m)

Allan (29, £shitloads)

We tried that with Klaassen, Sandro and Iwobi

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

June 23, 2020, 07:14:01 PM
Reply #13

ally2

I assume any loan fee would be to account for any final selling fee that would diminish as his contract runs down. I'm not a fan anyway.

June 23, 2020, 07:18:13 PM
Reply #14

penguinofdoom1878

We tried that with Klaassen, Sandro and Iwobi

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

I think bit harsh throwing Iwobi in that he's played a grand total of 1,258 minutes for his new club, who are their 3rd manager since he joined 10 months ago, think we should cut him some slack.