December 01, 2021, 03:26:48 PM

Author Topic: Wolves vs Everton - 12 July 2020  (Read 33709 times)

July 13, 2020, 02:31:13 PM
Reply #585

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Remember when we got excited when he was 17 and got promoted from the England U21 to train with the senior squad with another youngster? Who was the other one?

Saw this interesting little thread on him last night actually

https://twitter.com/RowdenJRSG/status/1282304093722152960?s=19
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 13, 2020, 02:38:32 PM
Reply #586

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Saw this interesting little thread on him last night actually

https://twitter.com/RowdenJRSG/status/1282304093722152960?s=19

Interesting.

Does fit with the best bits still being doing some of Barkley’s and then Rooney’s running, with interplay around the box.

July 13, 2020, 03:54:12 PM
Reply #587

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Interesting.

Does fit with the best bits still being doing some of Barkley’s and then Rooney’s running, with interplay around the box.

Yeah. We always said he looks better with a pure ball magnet next to him that demands responsibility.

Now he's in a double pivot with Sig..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 13, 2020, 04:00:44 PM
Reply #588

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah. We always said he looks better with a pure ball magnet next to him that demands responsibility.

Now he's in a double pivot with Sig..

:(

July 13, 2020, 04:21:07 PM
Reply #589

ally2

I know it seems odd but is there a way to re-watch the full game?  I missed most of it and want to understand better what is going on.

July 13, 2020, 04:23:50 PM
Reply #590

Ramjam

I know it seems odd but is there a way to re-watch the full game?  I missed most of it and want to understand better what is going on.
Trust me you don’t

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

July 13, 2020, 04:34:36 PM
Reply #591

sam of the south

Save yourself, man.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

July 13, 2020, 04:58:03 PM
Reply #592

ally2

July 13, 2020, 05:26:23 PM
Reply #593

formerKHL

Tom Davies should be either on loan at a good club playing week in week out in a specific position and learning his game, or part of a functioning Everton team where player roles and shapes are specific.

He should be watching a player who epitomises the role he plays and learning their movements, when to push, when to drop off, what to do when pressed. What runs do the wide forwards want? How do the cbs like to give the ball in different situations? And he should be stepping in for that player and playing real minutes in that role and getting better and better.

Instead he's being, and has been, dropping into arguably the most dysfunctional side in the country again and again and again in different positions, different systems, under different managers and with different partners for fits and starts for years and years

He has no idea what position he should play because he's never learned one. He's not developed because Everton football club has not developed him.

sorry brap(nothing personal) this is total rubbish...this tells me you have no  concept of the academy system and the philosophy behind it...which is to produce footballers.....not right backs/left backs/centre midfielders/etc etc....the philosophy is that they learn the game, how to play football...at an early age they get to play in many different positions in order to understand the different aspects to the game in different positions....i'm not talking about a goalie becoming a striker and vise versa...but within a function of a team...having said that some goalies at some academies I know do get to play outfield sometimes...

when I worked in academies... I wish I had a pound for every time a parent said to me..."he's a right back/left back/striker etc..you've got him playing out of position...."

this is why many players who are very good players don't make the grade...because they cant adapt...as players get older working their way through the academy system.... they get established in positions that they then make their own.....but the underlying capability is that they function in the that position ie: a defender ...a midfielder...a forward...

when a player makes the first team he should be basically able, capable and adaptable to play the function he's asked to play....

that's why I argue...it's not the system that makes the player.... but the player that makes the system....because they should be adaptable.....

July 13, 2020, 05:37:05 PM
Reply #594

Waltzer

sorry brap(nothing personal) this is total rubbish...this tells me you have no  concept of the academy system and the philosophy behind it...which is to produce footballers.....not right backs/left backs/centre midfielders/etc etc....the philosophy is that they learn the game, how to play football...at an early age they get to play in many different positions in order to understand the different aspects to the game in different positions....i'm not talking about a goalie becoming a striker and vise versa...but within a function of a team...having said that some goalies at some academies I know do get to play outfield sometimes...

when I worked in academies... I wish I had a pound for every time a parent said to me..."he's a right back/left back/striker etc..you've got him playing out of position...."

this is why many players who are very good players don't make the grade...because they cant adapt...as players get older working their way through the academy system.... they get established in positions that they then make their own.....but the underlying capability is that they function in the that position ie: a defender ...a midfielder...a forward...

when a player makes the first team he should be basically able, capable and adaptable to play the function he's asked to play....

that's why I argue...it's not the system that makes the player.... but the player that makes the system....because they should be adaptable.....

Its still the case now. My son plays at a relatively high level at under 9s. He is a striker and does well there, but there have been games where he plays centre back or on the wing as they want to understand his ability to take ideas on board and how well he listens. It can be frustrating to watch but think its helped develop his game and positional awareness

July 13, 2020, 05:40:15 PM
Reply #595

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

I get that mate definitely, I mean the step up to men's football as he develops into a player who knows his position and the position he will be asked to play.

For the he last few years this has changed week to week, even down to what manager he will be under!

July 13, 2020, 05:48:09 PM
Reply #596

formerKHL

know where your coming from to a point....but regardless of the manager, tactics, system....this lad has gone backwards from the player who scored THAT goal against city...to a player who cant pass 5 yards to a colleague...cant stay on his feet...constantly gives the ball away....chases shadows...

I don't think that's the managers fault...no matter who he is...

July 13, 2020, 06:38:50 PM
Reply #597

GrantyBoy78

Davies definitely needs a loan and a run of games. Thing is, I can see him going somewhere and just pottering along, looking average, then going to the Championship and pottering along. Unless he sorts himself out he’ll be bouncing between clubs like Swindon and Carlisle on 18 month deals, before he’s 30.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

July 13, 2020, 07:00:00 PM
Reply #598

formerKHL