August 11, 2020, 02:25:17 AM

Author Topic: [News]Everton want Hojbjerg  (Read 10668 times)

July 17, 2020, 04:02:26 AM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
good ball progressor but not pogba. good defensive numbers but not gueye. can pass the ball but doesn't get a lot of assists. i think he would remind everton fans of a more cultured James McCarthy.

the kind of 7/10 midfielder that you can build a side around at a good age. is not going to propel us into the champions league but provides a good foil for a midfielder alongside him e.g gomes.

a two of Gbamin and Hojbjerg with someone purely creative in front of them iwobi/bernard/gordon, would be very tackley with decent progression.

i really like this signing. i absolutely love it for £14m. i think spurs will be very interested though.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 17, 2020, 04:08:21 AM
Reply #31

Trowel

www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

July 17, 2020, 04:08:51 AM
Reply #32

Cozzie

Wait? £14M plus Iwobi?

We value Iwobi at £4M?  :-\

What the fuck is going on?

July 17, 2020, 04:09:39 AM
Reply #33

ajax_andy

Reading a Saints forum they don't seem to rate him all that much, not sure he's what we need.

They said he isn't great on the ball, passing is only average and just seem a bit 'meh' about him.

Doesn't seem like the type of player we need at all to take us up to a new level.  Sounds all very Davies / Gomes.

July 17, 2020, 04:10:13 AM
Reply #34

Waltzer

Wait? £14M plus Iwobi?

We value Iwobi at £4M?  :-\

What the fuck is going on?
Too much?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 17, 2020, 04:12:49 AM
Reply #35

GrantyBoy78

good ball progressor but not pogba. good defensive numbers but not gueye. can pass the ball but doesn't get a lot of assists. i think he would remind everton fans of a more cultured James McCarthy.

the kind of 7/10 midfielder that you can build a side around at a good age. is not going to propel us into the champions league but provides a good foil for a midfielder alongside him e.g gomes.

a two of Gbamin and Hojbjerg with someone purely creative in front of them iwobi/bernard/gordon, would be very tackley with decent progression.

i really like this signing. i absolutely love it for £14m. i think spurs will be very interested though.
“Tackley” isn’t used enough in football lexicon, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

July 17, 2020, 04:15:33 AM
Reply #36

GrantyBoy78

On the surface it’s a bit of a “meh” signing, but it’s also a sensible one. Infinitely better target than Coutinho or James on mad wages. There’s nothing to dislike about this deal.

July 17, 2020, 04:17:12 AM
Reply #37

Macca77

Underwhelmed here like

July 17, 2020, 04:17:40 AM
Reply #38

Waltzer

On the surface it's a bit of a "meh” signing, but it's also a sensible one. Infinitely better target than Coutinho or James on mad wages. There's nothing to dislike about this deal.

It's not that inspiring but I think it's exactly what we need, someone with a bit of bite and ability. We'd certainly look a lot more competent with him in the team

July 17, 2020, 04:21:03 AM
Reply #39

GrantyBoy78

It's not that inspiring but I think it's exactly what we need, someone with a bit of bite and ability. We'd certainly look a lot more competent with him in the team

Yep, the more I think about it, the more I like it. Soton also play 442, so there’s some continuity. Seems like a proper “piece of the puzzle” signing. And Carlo knows him, so it make sense on all counts.

July 17, 2020, 04:22:10 AM
Reply #40

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Yes.

Temptation of one mega signing who transforms everyone else is a forgivable one to fall into.

But we’re very unlikely to be able to sign someone that good who isn’t obvious to the types of teams that those players play for.

July 17, 2020, 04:27:22 AM
Reply #41

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Underwhelmed here like
You are about every rumoured target.

July 17, 2020, 04:38:46 AM
Reply #42

ajax_andy

Seems like he'd improve us, but when the supporters of the team one place below us aren't arsed about him leaving, well you have to question just how much he would actually improve us.

July 17, 2020, 04:41:02 AM
Reply #43

Macca77

July 17, 2020, 04:45:03 AM
Reply #44

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Seems like he'd improve us, but when the supporters of the team one place below us aren't arsed about him leaving, well you have to question just how much he would actually improve us.

Why should that shape your opinion in any way?

He would improve us ten fold. It’s the first sign of us making an actual sensible signing for years.

At 24 we’re getting him at his best years with plenty of scope to improve.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown