August 15, 2020, 06:30:10 PM

Author Topic: [News]Everton want Hojbjerg  (Read 11486 times)

July 17, 2020, 04:47:20 AM
Reply #45

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah would have to be happy with this and a different midfielder to what we have

July 17, 2020, 04:49:14 AM
Reply #46

ajax_andy

Why should that shape your opinion in any way?

He would improve us ten fold. It’s the first sign of us making an actual sensible signing for years.

At 24 we’re getting him at his best years with plenty of scope to improve.

I'd say it should play a part in the thinking, if he's not particularly inspiring for a team below us in the league it's unlikely he'll be anything different for us.

We need genuine class that will push us to a whole different level, and a player who is deemed pretty average by his own fans, playing for a team below us in the league is most likely not going to be of that class.

July 17, 2020, 04:49:57 AM
Reply #47

Shogun

Administrator
Most other fans tell the truth, it shouldn't be ignored.

Loads of Wigan fans told us Martinez was a horrific manager but we were having none of it.
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

July 17, 2020, 04:52:00 AM
Reply #48

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
So this guy and Allan?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

July 17, 2020, 04:59:30 AM
Reply #49

ajax_andy

Most other fans tell the truth, it shouldn't be ignored.

Loads of Wigan fans told us Martinez was a horrific manager but we were having none of it.

Exactly, if say Leeds were linked with Sig for £15m their fans would probably be quite excited about it... We on the other hand would be laughing our tits off about getting any money for him, let alone £15m.

Yet there'd be plenty on their forum saying 'he's just what we need' and putting our comments down as just us being bitter or something.

July 17, 2020, 06:16:59 AM
Reply #50

Shogun

Administrator
This would be another 'good' Brands signing though.

Experienced enough at a top level that we know it wouldn't be £14-£25m wasted and young enough at 24 to know that if it doesn't work out, we'd still be able to sell him after 2-3 years for a decent fee.

Whether he's good enough we'll see but it's the type of signing we need to be making.

July 17, 2020, 06:32:24 AM
Reply #51

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Spurs fans seem fairly confident he's theres.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 17, 2020, 06:34:02 AM
Reply #52

Shogun

Administrator

They're plebs though aren't they

July 17, 2020, 06:34:41 AM
Reply #53

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
A midfielder. Yay! Any midfielder would do
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 17, 2020, 12:12:14 PM
Reply #54

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Surely saints fans think that he’s shot on them after being made captain after a short space of time and for someone so young?

Imagine what it does to your fan base if EVERY year your captain or cornerstone of the team is just taken away.

July 17, 2020, 12:19:25 PM
Reply #55

mikey_blue

He probably will be unless we outbid them or overpay him.

July 17, 2020, 01:45:55 PM
Reply #56

GrantyBoy78

All the noises coming out of Spurs recently (by Mourinho and London journos) say they will only be getting loans and frees. That £175m loan for operating costs wasn’t for transfers, apparently. We’ll see.

The fact our bid has gone public suggests Soton have leaked it, trying to generate interest from other clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

July 17, 2020, 01:57:02 PM
Reply #57

ajax_andy

This would be another 'good' Brands signing though.

Experienced enough at a top level that we know it wouldn't be £14-£25m wasted and young enough at 24 to know that if it doesn't work out, we'd still be able to sell him after 2-3 years for a decent fee.

Whether he's good enough we'll see but it's the type of signing we need to be making.

Any other position and I'd agree, but we need some serious quality in midfield, not just average / decent with some sell on value.

It IS the type of signing we SHOULD be making by and large, but we also need to address the midfield issue with something that doesn't have the potential Iwobis about it.

From what I can gather he's neither the defensive destroyer or creative maestro we need, he's more Schneiderlin, which I feel with Gomes and Davies we already have that role covered.  Just not seeing how this would push us to top 4 levels

July 17, 2020, 02:26:14 PM
Reply #58

Nicco

don't know, that silent second J has thrown me right off
All letters are silent in danish. Or at least mumbling so you cant understand anything anyway...

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

July 17, 2020, 02:30:03 PM
Reply #59

Mac934

We won't get players to all of a sudden turn us into top 4. We should aim to get at least comfortably top 6 regularly. Then the top tier players may come. I don't know much about him, but he has to be an improvement on what we have else he will be another waste of time.