August 15, 2020, 05:13:58 PM

Author Topic: Jarrad Branthwaite  (Read 2801 times)

July 21, 2020, 08:50:09 PM
Reply #60

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Dont know why you have such a downer on Keane ? Think hes been consistently good since he regained his confidence which more or less coincided with Carlos arrival. Yes, a CB howler is always costly, just look at Van Dijk the other night.

Because he's shown us plenty of reasons as to why he's not a top 2 pairing Prem CB? I can give credit to him for his form since the restart, and still be realistic about him as a player moving forward.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 21, 2020, 09:26:21 PM
Reply #61

Macca77

Just bought the new kit and got Branthwaite on the back

July 21, 2020, 09:35:05 PM
Reply #62

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Just bought the new kit and got Branthwaite on the back
And the front? Changed the badge to his face?
Simply simply lovely

July 21, 2020, 09:39:37 PM
Reply #63

Macca77

And the front? Changed the badge to his face?

I asked, clubshop said soon

July 21, 2020, 09:47:25 PM
Reply #64

sam of the south

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

July 21, 2020, 09:55:33 PM
Reply #65

ajax_andy

I look at it this way. Holgate is penciled in as our #1 CB. Planning to get more than 20 games out of Mina is a guaranteed disaster-in-waiting, and Keane is potentially 1 mistake away from becoming a headcase again. I think Mina/Keane combined are our #2 (or #3?) option. Branthwaite would certainly be an option, but can we rely on him to give us 25+ games at his young age? He's going to see a MUCH higher quality of forwards than Sheff Utd can throw at you. Last thing you want to do to the lad is throw him to the wolves in extremely difficult situations. Which then means do we keep him on as a 4th CB, or ensure he gets regular minutes for 38 (or more) matches at another club (probably in the Championship)?

For me we need a very good-to-excellent #2 CB to pair with Holgate. Or a #3 if you're confident in the Mina/Keane option as our #2.

hahaha just caught this

Can we please not describe someone whose come out and talked about their mental health struggles as 'a head case'?!

Honestly that's really out of fucking order 🤬

July 21, 2020, 10:04:39 PM
Reply #66

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Can we please not describe someone whose come out and talked about their mental health struggles as 'a head case'?!

Honestly that's really out of fucking order 🤬

Jesus fucking christ. Don't be so fucking sensitive. I have mental health struggles and I'm not acting like you. Take a deep breath.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 21, 2020, 10:11:47 PM
Reply #67

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

July 21, 2020, 10:12:25 PM
Reply #68

Paddockoldie

Some people, even standing in the most beautiful places on earth will only see the rain when it's raining.

July 21, 2020, 10:14:57 PM
Reply #69

ajax_andy

Jesus fucking christ. Don't be so fucking sensitive. I have mental health struggles and I'm not acting like you. Take a deep breath.

Love how someone who comes out with archaic shite like 'headcase' then says 'chill out it's fine to say that'. 

Educate yourself, because you clearly need to.

July 21, 2020, 10:23:18 PM
Reply #70

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Love how someone who comes out with archaic shite like 'headcase' then says 'chill out it's fine to say that'. 

Educate yourself, because you clearly need to.

'Archaic' lol. It's a fucking saying, that's all. The importance you're placing on it is yours. If you can't realize that Keane's a confidence player, and lets his head determine how he plays, I don't know what to tell you.

My education is just fine, thanks. Jog on.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 21, 2020, 10:25:23 PM
Reply #71

ajax_andy

'Archaic' lol. It's a fucking saying, that's all. The importance you're placing on it is yours. If you can't realize that Keane's a confidence player, and lets his head determine how he plays, I don't know what to tell you.

My education is just fine, thanks. Jog on.

'its just a saying' is the mantra of small minded people.

Yes he's a confidence player, so maybe we go with more appropriate terms like that given it's 2020 and all that.

July 21, 2020, 10:27:07 PM
Reply #72

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
'its just a saying' is the mantra of small minded people.

Yes he's a confidence player, so maybe we go with more appropriate terms like that given it's 2020 and all that.

Sorry Mr. Woke, I'll try to keep your delicate sensitivities in mind moving forward.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 21, 2020, 10:28:13 PM
Reply #73

Macca77

July 21, 2020, 10:47:12 PM
Reply #74

Evertonian in NC

Keane's entire time at Everton has been streaky.  Good run of form followed by terrible run of form followed by good run of form and so on.  He currently appears to be on a good run of form, but you'd have to expect the bad run to come again before too long.

I'd say that he's an asset to the squad - but I wouldn't want to exclusively count on his as the #2 centre-half.  He can be "2A" to someone's "2B."

We also need to rotate in defense enough to be good enough to compete in the Cups, and hopefully Europa again before I die.
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin