August 15, 2020, 06:12:46 PM

Author Topic: Keep, Bin or Burn  (Read 1576 times)

July 27, 2020, 06:37:31 AM
Reply #15

sam of the south

Sigurdsson won't be here.

Worse case scenario we loan him out an subsidise his wages.

I would love your confidence.
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

July 27, 2020, 02:07:23 PM
Reply #16

BlueForYou

Keep:

Richarlison(1stXI) Digne(1stXI) Holgate(1stXI/TeamCapt) DCL(1stXI/Sub) Branthwaite(1stXI/Sub) Gordon(1stXI/Sub) Pickford(1stXI/Sub) Kean(Sub/1stXI) Simms(Sub) Coleman(ClubCapt/Sub)

Bin or burn the rest
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 02:42:25 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

July 27, 2020, 02:14:11 PM
Reply #17

GrantyBoy78

Sigurdsson won't be here.

Worse case scenario we loan him out an subsidise his wages.
As Iíve said before - the bigger the fee, the more likely payments to the selling club are spread across the span of the playerís contract, so itís conceivable we still owe them 2/5 of the fee, which is £18m...

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

July 27, 2020, 02:19:19 PM
Reply #18

Waltzer

With the exception of Digne and Ricky id sale any of them. I think Holgate has looked better this season but I think the praise is way over the top, it's like we've got someone like Van Dijk whereas in all honesty he's still nearer Lovren. I like the look of Kean and Gordon so would keep them too.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

July 27, 2020, 03:09:43 PM
Reply #19

KoemansNumberTens

Got to worry for the likes of Bernard and iwobi. They canít get games in our horrible midfield. How bad must they be

July 27, 2020, 03:33:21 PM
Reply #20

dazfrancis

Keep:
Richy, Kean, DCL, Digne, Holgate, Gordon, Branthwaite, Mina, Gbamin

Sell:
Pickford (only because we would still get some of our money back for him, otherwise he should be in the bin column), Keane, Coleman, JJK, Davies, Gomes, Iwobi, Walcott, Bernard

Bin:
Gylfi, Delph, Tosun, Besic, Bolasie, and Sandro

July 27, 2020, 03:54:27 PM
Reply #21

kerryblue boy

Ah lads in the middle of a worldwide pandemic and lots of clubs skint there is no chance we are selling 8/10 players this summer most of yesterday squad will be here next season unfortunately but hopefully with 2/3 quality additions

July 27, 2020, 07:52:01 PM
Reply #22

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
As Iíve said before - the bigger the fee, the more likely payments to the selling club are spread across the span of the playerís contract, so itís conceivable we still owe them 2/5 of the fee, which is £18m...

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Tbf it doesn't usually work out so neatly like that. If the fee was 45m, it's very likely that at least 30m of it was up front, with the remaining 15 spread out. Also, selling teams rarely allow the remaining amount to be spread out over the life of the contract. More likely is that it's over the first 2-3 years at most.

I'd be very, very surprised if we owed any more than 5m left on Gylfi's contract.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 27, 2020, 08:09:56 PM
Reply #23

velimski

Tbf it doesn't usually work out so neatly like that. If the fee was 45m, it's very likely that at least 30m of it was up front, with the remaining 15 spread out. Also, selling teams rarely allow the remaining amount to be spread out over the life of the contract. More likely is that it's over the first 2-3 years at most.

I'd be very, very surprised if we owed any more than 5m left on Gylfi's contract.

Don't think it's that unusual for fees to be spread equally over the length of contract. Fellaini was just one example.

July 27, 2020, 08:22:47 PM
Reply #24

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Dream Sig Scenario is that Swansea get promoted and go for him as their Marquee summer signing. Would probably be a good move for all parties

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

July 27, 2020, 08:26:05 PM
Reply #25

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Don't think it's that unusual for fees to be spread equally over the length of contract. Fellaini was just one example.

It certainly could be, I have no proof otherwise. I was simply under the impression it didn't work that way from what I've read on the topic.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 27, 2020, 08:28:16 PM
Reply #26

Shogun

Administrator
Swansea can't afford Sigurdsson lmao
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

July 27, 2020, 08:38:37 PM
Reply #27

velimski

Swansea can't afford Sigurdsson lmao

Yeah that's a bit of a stumbling block too.

July 27, 2020, 11:45:25 PM
Reply #28

Gary1878

I have tried to be realistic with my selection below. I want to see the vast majority of the squad remain in place, whilst completely revamping the problem area, midfield. Nearly every player in that midfield is expendable. However, I have chosen to keep:

- Gomes - Best ball player we have, even if he is slow and inconsistent since his injury
- Iwobi - Still yet to have a long run in the team and is young with potential to grow
- Walcott - Inconsistent, but still produces assists and goals, and partners well with Coleman. The best winger of a bad bunch.

Of the ones that can go, I want Davies gone this summer more than any other player. He is not PL quality, and doesn't even offer goals/set piece quality that Siggy does. In saying that, Siggy also needs to go for offering little to nothing in open play. Delph is too rash, and Bernard just seems to slip all the time, lose possession and play poor passes. It could be an opportunity for Dowell next season, but I haven't seen enough from him to give any real opinion.

KEEP:

Holgate, Digne, Richarlison, Keane, Mina, Gordon, Branthwaite, Coleman, Gomes, Iwobi, DCL, Pickford, Kean, Kenny, Walcott

BIN/SELL AT RIGHT PRICE

Delph, Bernard, Dowell, Sigurdsson

BURN/PLZ GO NOW

Davies, Tosun, Besic, Bolasie, Sandro, Lossl, Stekelenberg, Virginia

Edit - Oh and Gbamin - goodness only knows what player will turn up!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 11:47:38 PM by Gary1878 »

July 28, 2020, 01:37:36 AM
Reply #29

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think we're kinda stuck with most of these players until the contracts run down. I'd be surprised to see Sigurdsson leave as it stands, but you never know. This situation should underline for those at the top why it's not a great idea for us as a club to buy players who are likely on their last big contract.

While I'd want to keep a handful or so of this current squad, it's a pretty short list that I'd be upset if they left.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 01:38:45 AM by blueToffee »