August 11, 2020, 01:27:49 AM

Author Topic: Keep, Bin or Burn  (Read 1504 times)

July 28, 2020, 03:53:52 AM
Reply #30

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be blown away if we got rid of Sigurdsson, and as much as I'd like to see the back of about 90% of these, the fact is it's going to be as much about improving some of the players we have in a better system as it is about spending loads of doh.

Ideal world but with a dash of realism :

Pickford
Virginia

Other         Mina      Gabriel     Digne
Coleman   Keane    Holgate    Other

Gomes     Other     
Gbamin    Davies

Iwobi
Sigurdsson

Other      DCL     Richarlison
Walcott  Kean    Gordon
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 03:55:15 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 28, 2020, 04:11:23 AM
Reply #31

april

I have tried to be realistic with my selection below. I want to see the vast majority of the squad remain in place, whilst completely revamping the problem area, midfield. Nearly every player in that midfield is expendable. However, I have chosen to keep:

- Gomes - Best ball player we have, even if he is slow and inconsistent since his injury
- Iwobi - Still yet to have a long run in the team and is young with potential to grow
- Walcott - Inconsistent, but still produces assists and goals, and partners well with Coleman. The best winger of a bad bunch.

Of the ones that can go, I want Davies gone this summer more than any other player. He is not PL quality, and doesn't even offer goals/set piece quality that Siggy does. In saying that, Siggy also needs to go for offering little to nothing in open play. Delph is too rash, and Bernard just seems to slip all the time, lose possession and play poor passes. It could be an opportunity for Dowell next season, but I haven't seen enough from him to give any real opinion.

KEEP:

Holgate, Digne, Richarlison, Keane, Mina, Gordon, Branthwaite, Coleman, Gomes, Iwobi, DCL, Pickford, Kean, Kenny, Walcott

BIN/SELL AT RIGHT PRICE

Delph, Bernard, Dowell, Sigurdsson

BURN/PLZ GO NOW

Davies, Tosun, Besic, Bolasie, Sandro, Lossl, Stekelenberg, Virginia

Edit - Oh and Gbamin - goodness only knows what player will turn up!

Gbamin will be LANS*

*like a new signing
Toffeegirls Rule.

July 28, 2020, 04:12:12 AM
Reply #32

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
I'd be blown away if we got rid of Sigurdsson, and as much as I'd like to see the back of about 90% of these, the fact is it's going to be as much about improving some of the players we have in a better system as it is about spending loads of doh.

Pickford
Virginia

Gomes     Other     
Gbamin    Davies

Iwobi
Sigurdsson

Walcott  Kean    Gordon

Replace Pickford with Other and I'd be okay with that.

July 28, 2020, 05:00:25 AM
Reply #33

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Replace Pickford with Other and I'd be okay with that.

Also launch Davies into the sun and I'd accept it as well.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 28, 2020, 09:13:09 PM
Reply #34

Toddacelli

Pickford
Virginia

Gomes     Other     
Gbamin    Davies

Bernard
Iwobi
Sigurdsson

Walcott  Kean    Gordon

Fixed (just added Bernard to the 10 spot)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 28, 2020, 09:22:06 PM
Reply #35

Toddacelli

Yeah - for clarity - this is not what I would DO - it's just an exercise in trying to fit the squad into three distinct categories. Which is difficult. But it makes for debate.

Like I would have loved for there to be a mid-section between Keep and Bin for all the youngsters that are on the edge and players like DCL who I like a lot. The criteria I chose my 'Keep's on was:

Are they a nailed on starter?
If we spend money on their position - are they still likely to get games?
Are they contributing to the first XI?
Would we miss their contribution if they left?

If you could argue a no for them - then I would have to say that player is probably ok to be sold if someone came in with the right money. I guess I was hard on DCL.

July 28, 2020, 09:25:19 PM
Reply #36

Toddacelli

Branthwaite and Gordon is an insane shout.

Yeah - it wasn't if I wanted to sell them - I went with - if someone came in with the right money would I let them go? And I guess I would because of their current contribution to the first team.

Like I wouldn't stand in their way if Pep cam in with 50M. But if he comes for Digne, Richarlison or Holgate - I'm gonna fight him!

July 28, 2020, 09:42:06 PM
Reply #37

Bluedylan

Alex Iwobi listed as the worst signing of the season by more than one journo in the Guardian's end of season review.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 28, 2020, 10:25:30 PM
Reply #38

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Alex Iwobi listed as the worst signing of the season by more than one journo in the Guardian's end of season review.

Poor Wobes. :'(
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 28, 2020, 10:34:34 PM
Reply #39

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Think it's fair, had a bad time of it.

Fairly big fee, high profile move. Not nailed down a position. Played out wide right mostly which I mean you might as well play him in goal. Our fans want him out already. Bad time of it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 28, 2020, 10:37:39 PM
Reply #40

Bluedylan

Think it's fair, had a bad time of it.

Fairly big fee, high profile move. Not nailed down a position. Played out wide right mostly which I mean you might as well play him in goal. Our fans want him out already. Bad time of it.

I know you're generally a fan of what he could offer but he's been absolutely rubbish hasn't he? Not sure why he couldn't at least play decently and competently on the right. Flaky as fuck. I'd sell him tomorrow for 20m, and move on, if there were takers.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

July 28, 2020, 10:52:36 PM
Reply #41

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
With BD on this one.

You should be able to expect a LW to play RW and still put in a competent performance. Not that he's been good on the left either. Played great against West Ham, but other than that I'm struggling.

The way he and sigurdsson play when out of position is pathetic.

Think we're seeing an example of a good player on paper, but not really on the pitch.

He might be able to pick up the ball and play it to our strikers in the box, but I dont see much else to his game.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 28, 2020, 10:58:07 PM
Reply #42

Omar

not giving up on Gomes and Bernard
You come at the king, you best not miss.

July 28, 2020, 11:12:54 PM
Reply #43

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
not giving up on Gomes and Bernard

If Gomes could be coached into playing like how he did vs Sheffield Utd, he'd be a lynchpin for the team. Right now those performances are very rare though. It'd been nice to see him play like that last Sunday, but he seemed to revert to his default safe mode in terms of passing again.

July 28, 2020, 11:27:08 PM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I know you're generally a fan of what he could offer but he's been absolutely rubbish hasn't he? Not sure why he couldn't at least play decently and competently on the right. Flaky as fuck. I'd sell him tomorrow for 20m, and move on, if there were takers.

Was good defensively on the right, Carlo got a huge amount from him defensively which was impressive. Going forward didn't offer much unfortunately except for the brief period he played more narrow where of course he was excellent.

Is what it is. I think when the side is bad, he will be bad, especially when played wide right (although left wasn't much different). He needs to learn to impose himself on the ball even if things aren't coming off, but he's at the back of a long queue at this club for that particular fault, and when played narrow you probably would see more of that.

I think we've seen the worst possible version of Alex iwobi. Would have patience personally and look forward to seeing him in a side that is not literally human shite.