August 11, 2020, 02:29:40 AM

Author Topic: Things you want to see in the 2020/21 season  (Read 1525 times)

July 28, 2020, 04:58:15 AM
Reply #30

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Carlo to create a new Everton identity.

Any remaining 'Moyes identity' is dead now with Baines retiring. Coleman cant carry it on alone.

Earn your money Mr Ancelotti.

He's getting paid less than Gylfi & Pickford combined and you want him to earn his money? Would taking half the team out back and shooting them help fulfill this wish?
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 28, 2020, 05:26:39 AM
Reply #31

ally2

We did that against Watford though so it isn’t the monkey on our back it once was.

Thank you. I'd completely forgotten about that one.

July 28, 2020, 04:04:04 PM
Reply #32

Jamokachi

Liverpool 0 Everton 4

I was 18 months old last that happened .... 58 now  :eh:

58 months isn't that old.

July 28, 2020, 08:15:45 PM
Reply #33

Shogun

Administrator
58 months isn't that old.

Does explain his posting style though.

:smug:
If you're not angry, you're not listening.

July 28, 2020, 08:36:48 PM
Reply #34

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

July 28, 2020, 08:40:12 PM
Reply #35

Macca77

That weird half time score thing that used to on the Paddock

July 28, 2020, 11:16:40 PM
Reply #36

Omar

How about shovels going into the dirt at the docks?
You come at the king, you best not miss.

July 29, 2020, 03:27:26 AM
Reply #37

Simon Paul

Administrator
How about shovels going into the dirt at the docks?
Would prefer them to fill it in first

So maybe "an old bridge being dumped into the Dock" would be more appropriate.

July 29, 2020, 04:48:09 AM
Reply #38

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Some sense of direction from the club as a whole. A unified vision.

Too long it's felt like none of the pieces fit, top to bottom. From what we were used to, which was David Moyes vision within the boundaries of Bill Kenwrights wallet, two things we knew really, really well to just years and years of chaos.

Martinez with big highs and terrible off the map lows, to Koeman and Walsh who in my opinion squandered our chance at kicking on as a club. Years down the line we're still hamstrung by those decisions, and they didn't even get us functional at the time. They just spunked away a good first season through more confusion and bad money.

Then came the interim managers and Silva in between. How we did it, I don't know but 3 permanent managers and about 3 temp, and somehow we've a squad that hasn't really suited any of them.

We need to see a clear direction. We need to see some leadership. We need to start getting it right, on and off the pitch.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 29, 2020, 05:36:05 AM
Reply #39

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Too long it's felt like none of the pieces fit, top to bottom. From what we were used to, which was David Moyes vision within the boundaries of Bill Kenwrights wallet, two things we knew really, really well to just years and years of chaos.

Martinez with big highs and terrible off the map lows, to Koeman and Walsh who in my opinion squandered our chance at kicking on as a club. Years down the line we're still hamstrung by those decisions, and they didn't even get us functional at the time. They just spunked away a good first season through more confusion and bad money.

Then came the interim managers and Silva in between. How we did it, I don't know but 3 permanent managers and about 3 temp, and somehow we've a squad that hasn't really suited any of them.

We need to see a clear direction. We need to see some leadership. We need to start getting it right, on and off the pitch.

Within two years we had gone from Roberto Martinez to Sam Allardyce.

That right there shows our lack of direction.

I don’t think there’s any direction in what we’re doing now tbh. Just got who we think are the best people around and hoping it works.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 29, 2020, 05:37:54 AM
Reply #40

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Within two years we had gone from Roberto Martinez to Sam Allardyce.

That right there shows our lack of direction.

I don’t think there’s any direction in what we’re doing now tbh. Just got who we think are the best people around and hoping it works.

I have hope in Brands but at this point it is just hope like.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 29, 2020, 05:39:47 AM
Reply #41

IPCannock

NSNO Subscriber
I've taken this very literally as things I WANT to see...

Fabian Delph being revealed as Klopp's new midfield general and club captain on a record breaking eight year deal across the park.

July 29, 2020, 06:52:11 AM
Reply #42

Evertonian in NC

Narcotics to be more easily available, if we're going to be watching some of these players next season.

Serious answer would be the ability to control games/periods in games.

You had me at "available narcotics" my imaginary friend!
"Pardon me, I have nothing to say." - George Carlin

July 29, 2020, 07:35:34 AM
Reply #43

Mac934

Would prefer them to fill it in first

So maybe "an old bridge being dumped into the Dock" would be more appropriate.
Along with certain members of this squad!

July 29, 2020, 01:23:45 PM
Reply #44

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Yes.

Whatever your recruitment model, it is helped by stability

It’s very difficult if you have 5 managers/ head coaches and 2 DoFs in 5 seasons. There’s almost zero chance of any coherence as between those relationships no matter how well intended signings are and on whatever foundation.

It’s much easier to buy players if you know you only “need” one or two players for the first XI in a window. Any other “would likes” are just that and don’t have a massive bearing on confidence for the manager or supporters.

You can focus your resources (time and money) on that small number of positions.

It can’t be easy, no matter how much money you have available, to buy 5/6/7 players in one window and get them right because there simply isn’t the time to properly assess all those individual deals. That’s exacerbated if the signings are for a new coach with differing ideas to the previous one, how are they to synergise with the other players? It won’t/ hasn’t happened.

Making this summer tough.

So I’m wondering whether we’d be just better off really focusing on 2 or 3 positions (eg maybe just getting by with RB options) and making sure we get those right before addressing the others next year.