August 11, 2020, 01:38:17 AM

Author Topic: VAR corrected tables  (Read 629 times)

July 28, 2020, 06:15:51 AM
Read 629 times

phillyt

A few of these seem to have been done  and the ones I looked at have us either 1/3 points short ( 1 actually said we were 1pt better off than we should be)
But I donít believe them.
Obviously itís theoretical in most ways but assuming we scored penalties and the other goals recorded were the same, how many points were we cheated out of this season. For balance how many did we actually gain unfairly or even questionably?

Spurs at home (alli handball and Richarlison penalties not given) 3pts
United at home (DCL goal not given)
Brighton away ( penalty against kean)

I do think had VAR been used correctly at anfield we would have come away with something with two sendings off due to Liverpool and the penalty against virgin van Dijk but Iíll not count it towards this.

So thatís 7 points up HR ave I missed any ďclear and obvious onesĒ
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

July 28, 2020, 06:37:58 AM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Shouldíve had a pen on sunday for a handball.

Didnít even get checked.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

July 28, 2020, 06:45:25 AM
Reply #2

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
There were a number of incidents but to me as important was the timing of some of these things. Our season was very stop start, we'd get a little momentum then a setback through a decision, an injury or an individual error (plenty of those too).

It wasn't always VAR, but it certainly played a part in tripping us up and setting momentum back to square 1 at times.

July 28, 2020, 09:14:09 AM
Reply #3

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not getting drawn into these silly games right now.

Sorry, at a Football Manager presser.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 28, 2020, 11:11:08 AM
Reply #4

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
VAR cost us less points than Pickford did.  If I was Bournemouth I'd be criticising VAR and Hawkeye as it potentially cost them their place in the league, but we finished 12th and didn't really deserve to finish significantly higher enough that it mattered.

July 28, 2020, 04:44:12 PM
Reply #5

phillyt

Shouldíve had a pen on sunday for a handball.

Didnít even get checked.

Iíd even forgotten about that but it would not have affected the outcome as we still get beat 3-2. Which is why Iím not counting the anfield derby despite the fact having 2 players sent off and a penalty against them would certainly have changed the outcome of that game.

Itís interesting because for years we have felt hard done to by refs but this year we have a chance to put a number on it. See how many points we would have gained (and in the interest of balance how many we picked up unfairly) and then how many places we would have gone up. 7 points for instance would have put us on 56 points in 9th. Nothing special but would be about 6m more in prize money.

I remember before silva was sacked looking at it and thinking we should have been mid table instead of bottom 3. So in one way it did us a favour really.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

July 28, 2020, 05:48:59 PM
Reply #6

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
They are taking legal action
VAR cost us less points than Pickford did.  If I was Bournemouth I'd be criticising VAR and Hawkeye as it potentially cost them their place in the league, but we finished 12th and didn't really deserve to finish significantly higher enough that it mattered.
Simply simply lovely

July 28, 2020, 06:05:37 PM
Reply #7

dazfrancis

Have the club come out and criticised the clear penalty that wasn't reviewed by VAR?

It seems like the club just accepts any terrible decision because we're meant to be the 'nice guys' and do things the 'right way' which is just fucking pathetic