August 11, 2020, 02:10:58 AM

Author Topic: F*ck FFP (Profit & Sustainability)?  (Read 706 times)

July 28, 2020, 11:22:03 PM
Read 706 times

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
As has been discussed ad nauseam, FFP is UEFA's and pertains to continental footy tournaments, and Profit & Sustainability is the EPL's, pertaining only to the league (I was guilty of calling them both FFP for a long time until corrected & educated on the topic).

Anyway, the premise of both is the same, other than where they apply and what the potential penalties could be. Currently, FFP has far more consequence than P&S does, including competition bans for 1+ years (though I think the City appeal win will shake this up but that's just my opinion). At their core, they essentially boil down to not overspending, which is based entirely on the club's spending vs its revenue. What it doesn't take into account is how rich the owner(s) of the club are. In the most extreme example, Jeff Bezos could buy Burnley and it wouldn't matter. All his riches would be ignored because Burnley simply doesn't generate enough revenue.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only 'in writing' penalty for breaching the EPL's P&S rules are hefty fines. I've read that they've been considering transfer bans, points reductions, etc., but I can't find a single source that proves these exist.

Assuming they don't, what are youse thoughts around Everton simply accepting the penalties for 1 year, and spending what needs to be spent to fix this team? Between Moshiri (and really, Usmanov), the team has considerable financial strength and could easily cover any fines. Even if points reductions and/or transfer bans came into play, neither would matter IMO because 1) we'd be nowhere near relegation, and 2) could easily survive a window with no transfers.

I know there are supporters on both sides of the debate, so curious what the forum thinks? It's been proven to work before (Milan, most famously), and I'm in the "f*ck it" camp myself, but let's hear it.
Playing FM20 24/7.

July 28, 2020, 11:49:37 PM
Reply #1

markB

form what I can make out of it you can get round it by chairman loans (owner) only payable on sale of the club 0% interest but only up to the value of the club (might be 80% )

would have been nice to have the planning for the new stadium done a dusted as that would have put the value up , think the club were hoping on end of June for it but with the covid 19 crap its all been put back till next term ending mid Nov

you might see us sign players this season but defer payments till next season both North London clubs did it last year spurs till winter window and Arsenal this window

July 31, 2020, 08:10:33 PM
Reply #2

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
C'mon lads, no one has a thought about this?! >:(
Playing FM20 24/7.

August 01, 2020, 04:08:01 AM
Reply #3

Cereal Killer

They’d be special effort to ensure we got a big points deduction as an “example” to other clubs  ::)

August 03, 2020, 04:04:19 PM
Reply #4

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 03, 2020, 05:31:44 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
C'mon lads, no one has a thought about this?! >:(

Nope. Couldn't care less about it.
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou