August 11, 2020, 12:59:22 AM

Author Topic: Dacourt Article  (Read 1411 times)

August 01, 2020, 08:43:34 PM
Read 1411 times

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Don’t know if anyone say this last week. Great little article from one of my favourite players

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1730366/dacourt-it-was-not-my-intention-to-leave-everton-i-loved-it
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 01, 2020, 08:54:24 PM
Reply #1

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Don’t know if anyone say this last week. Great little article from one of my favourite players

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1730366/dacourt-it-was-not-my-intention-to-leave-everton-i-loved-it

One of those players that you knew could have made more of an impact, if they had stayed longer - can remember being properly excited when he signed, as I thought the combination of him and John Collins was going to be special.

August 01, 2020, 09:42:58 PM
Reply #2

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
One of those players that you knew could have made more of an impact, if they had stayed longer - can remember being properly excited when he signed, as I thought the combination of him and John Collins was going to be special.

I remember the day have signed clearly. I was working in a phone shop for the summer, went and got my morning paper, there was an article in there - not very big - that we were interested and by the afternoon he’d signed

August 01, 2020, 10:24:06 PM
Reply #3

Trowel

One of the best players we ever sold - easy to forget how miserable that era was.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

August 01, 2020, 10:46:49 PM
Reply #4

sam of the south

One of the best players we ever sold - easy to forget how miserable that era was.

It was a bit Walsh Koeman, wasn’t it, with a fair bit of money spent, but poor management, and pretty dreadful football.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

August 01, 2020, 10:52:21 PM
Reply #5

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He was superb. Gutted when he left

August 02, 2020, 12:40:45 AM
Reply #6

Fynci

Didn't we sign Dacourt and Materazzi around the same time? I remember them coming in and thinking that we were going to be worldbeaters.

August 02, 2020, 12:44:46 AM
Reply #7

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
I remember the day have signed clearly. I was working in a phone shop for the summer, went and got my morning paper, there was an article in there - not very big - that we were interested and by the afternoon he’d signed

If only our business this summer could be so efficient.

I sometimes miss the good old days when the only outlets were either the newspapers, radio/tv news or checking Ceefax for updates, no stupid yellow ties or banners anywhere.

August 02, 2020, 01:17:35 AM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
It was a bit Walsh Koeman, wasn’t it, with a fair bit of money spent, but poor management, and pretty dreadful football.

Thought the mix of players was ok. Problem was we needed 16 players :)

August 02, 2020, 01:21:13 AM
Reply #9

sam of the south

Thought the mix of players was ok. Problem was we needed 16 players :)

The mix was far better than Walsh and Koeman’s brew, but the tactical approach was dire.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

August 02, 2020, 01:25:23 AM
Reply #10

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Didn't we sign Dacourt and Materazzi around the same time? I remember them coming in and thinking that we were going to be worldbeaters.

Days apart

August 02, 2020, 01:25:41 AM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
The mix was far better than Walsh and Koeman’s brew, but the tactical approach was dire.

Yes a lot was made of then having to sell Dunc about a month later but surely the rest of the squad was ok?

As was seen when we signed Campbell we were suddenly ok again, and were the next season.

August 02, 2020, 01:43:44 AM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Instant success in our midfield if I remember the reports. Something we desperately need now. Used to love this type of signing and was gutted when he left after a season.
Every storm runs out of rain. - Dr. Maya Angelou

August 02, 2020, 02:56:48 AM
Reply #13

Mayor Farnum

Had a contract. Could've stayed if he really wanted to.
Something clever written by someone else.

August 02, 2020, 03:16:25 AM
Reply #14

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I remember being at the opener against Villa that season and thinking we were going to be amazing.  Then sat through an horrendously dull 0-0 and things only got worse from there.  I think that was possibly the most toothless and boring Everton team ever that season, really hard to watch.