Reply #75

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
500k a week and maccalsfield go bust cos they owe..... 500k
Simply simply lovely

September 17, 2020, 01:26:08 AM
Reply #76

Outworlder47

Probably not a popular view, but do people really think them signing Bale is less than us signing James?
Bale is still a world class talent, unbelievable ability and will make them significantly stronger. Their front line will be massively enhanced and given the ability they have in their squad it'll probably be easier for him to flourish than it will for James, despite our improvement. 

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Sure, he's an elite talent (world-class still, maybe). He had 3-4 different spells out due to injury/illness last season, and barely saw the pitch after the restart. Maybe he comes back to fitness as fast as James, we'll give him the benefit of the doubt there.

Their early fixture schedule, while not necessarily difficult, is certainly congested as heck.
From us Sunday, they play a Europa qualifier in Bulgaria tomorrow, then away to Southampton on Sunday. Next week they're away to Leyton Orient in the EFL Cup, possible Europa trip Thursday to either Romania or North Macedonia, then finally home to Newcastle the following Sunday.
Assuming they clear Leyton and their second venture to Europe, the next week it's another cup match on Tuesday, Europa on Thursday, and away to ManU on Saturday (could be moved to Sunday, I suppose). The Europa match could be against the likes of AC Milan, Granada, or Standard Liège--definitely one they'd have to take seriously.
All told, that's 8 matches in a span of three weeks, leading into the international break, with the possibility of all but two away from home.

How much of an upgrade is Bale, during this interval, over Dybala/Moura/Bergwijn out wide? Maybe he is, he'd certainly play a part if fit, and he's a threat to take over a match (again, if fit). But that's a long way to go just to get to Europa group stages, and does he help them push past four of Arsenal/United/Wolves/Leicester/us to just get to 4th? Spurs issues seem to be a lack of support from midfield and questionable CB depth to me, so of course they are trying to sign a winger and another LB.

September 17, 2020, 01:29:17 AM
Reply #77

Waltzer

Sure, he's an elite talent (world-class still, maybe). He had 3-4 different spells out due to injury/illness last season, and barely saw the pitch after the restart. Maybe he comes back to fitness as fast as James, we'll give him the benefit of the doubt there.

Their early fixture schedule, while not necessarily difficult, is certainly congested as heck.
From us Sunday, they play a Europa qualifier in Bulgaria tomorrow, then away to Southampton on Sunday. Next week they're away to Leyton Orient in the EFL Cup, possible Europa trip Thursday to either Romania or North Macedonia, then finally home to Newcastle the following Sunday.
Assuming they clear Leyton and their second venture to Europe, the next week it's another cup match on Tuesday, Europa on Thursday, and away to ManU on Saturday (could be moved to Sunday, I suppose). The Europa match could be against the likes of AC Milan, Granada, or Standard Liège--definitely one they'd have to take seriously.
All told, that's 8 matches in a span of three weeks, leading into the international break, with the possibility of all but two away from home.

How much of an upgrade is Bale, during this interval, over Dybala/Moura/Bergwijn out wide? Maybe he is, he'd certainly play a part if fit, and he's a threat to take over a match (again, if fit). But that's a long way to go just to get to Europa group stages, and does he help them push past four of Arsenal/United/Wolves/Leicester/us to just get to 4th? Spurs issues seem to be a lack of support from midfield and questionable CB depth to me, so of course they are trying to sign a winger and another LB.

Do you see James in the Everton team tonight? They'll use Bale the same and ease him back in. I'll question how many of those times he's conveniently injured too, just to fuck Zidane off. You're not going to get 36 games out of him a season, but I think he'll be around the 25 mark and win them a number of games as a result

September 17, 2020, 02:01:50 AM
Reply #78

Outworlder47

Do you see James in the Everton team tonight? They'll use Bale the same and ease him back in. I'll question how many of those times he's conveniently injured too, just to fuck Zidane off. You're not going to get 36 games out of him a season, but I think he'll be around the 25 mark and win them a number of games as a result

Right, and as I said I'll give him the benefit of the doubt about match fitness/sharpness. But, whereas James directly solved a big problem for us (namely, lack of incisiveness and creativity in the final third), I don't know that Bale is as much of an upgrade for them, playing on the wing.

Bale is a great player, and beloved at Spurs. He should slot right back in, but there are bigger problems with that side than an upgrade on the wing. Especially for the wages he'll cost them, subsidized as they may be.

September 17, 2020, 04:42:24 AM
Reply #79

BlueNoseMike

Their early fixture schedule, while not necessarily difficult

How much of an upgrade is Bale, during this interval, over Dybala/Moura/Bergwijn out wide?

Maybe not much of an upgrade on dybala. But considering he doesn't play for spurs that's not really relevant

September 17, 2020, 10:04:55 AM
Reply #80

Ramjam

That’s a hell of a serious fixture pile up, their season and morale could be completely shot by the end of the Newcastle game, let’s hope Son and Lorise can get it on again and they start to fall off their perch. Horrible twats

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 17, 2020, 03:21:37 PM
Reply #81

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

It’s actually £600k a week, for less than a weeks wages he could of bought them.

September 17, 2020, 03:29:18 PM
Reply #82

Waltzer

It's actually £600k a week, for less than a weeks wages he could of bought them.
Sounds harsh but it's not his fault they are in this predicament, they clearly haven't been run very well.

September 17, 2020, 10:11:00 PM
Reply #83

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe not much of an upgrade on dybala. But considering he doesn't play for spurs that's not really relevant

I think if they were the same age, it's Bale by a wide margin, but that's equally irrelevant.

Anyway, this looks to be done.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1306529909779685376
Playing FM20 24/7.

September 17, 2020, 10:12:50 PM
Reply #84

Waltzer

I think if they were the same age, it's Bale by a wide margin, but that's equally irrelevant.

Anyway, this looks to be done.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1306529909779685376

Id be happier about Reguilon if I was them, looks like a great left back

September 17, 2020, 10:18:50 PM
Reply #85

Omar

Bale will probably play about 10 games. He doesn't care anymore and is perpetually injured. I doubt he'll take well to Mourinho's style of management.

This is going to be pure comedy, lads!
You come at the king, you best not miss.

September 17, 2020, 10:20:49 PM
Reply #86

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
This is going to be pure comedy, lads!

This whole thing has shades of Rooney coming back to his beloved club at 31.

September 17, 2020, 10:24:15 PM
Reply #87

markB

Fucking madness

September 17, 2020, 10:29:12 PM
Reply #88

Omar

read that Real is paying half the wages, not quite as bad for Spurs.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

September 17, 2020, 10:31:26 PM
Reply #89

YankeeBlue214

NSNO Subscriber
read that Real is paying half the wages, not quite as bad for Spurs.

Exactly what I was thinking. Bale @ 250k really isn't all that different than Aubameyang at 400k.
Playing FM20 24/7.