January 18, 2022, 01:26:59 pm

Wigan v Everton

Started by Lid, January 13, 2008, 12:14:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandman

why isn't moyes bringing manny on?

Sandman

Thom

Great result, especially as we were poor for most of the game. Vaughan did very well when he came on, and it did seem that the introduction of Manny was probably due to the state of the pitch more than anything.

Giving credit to Wigan though, they deserved a point today. However, we got the 3 points and are up to 4th.

montanatoffeefan

Good grinder for 3 points. Got outplayed pretty badly, but took advantage of their mistakes more than they took advantage of ours.

As much as Bramble deserves credit for helping us win, I'd also give a pat on the back to Bent and Koumas. They botched some very good chances, especially Bent. Brown butchered the couple he got as well. Palacios and Valencia did their part, too. Heskey retreated into his invisible mode. Total team, or at least a half-team effort from Wigan to get us the win. Their other half played very well.

moysies ginner pubes

we were piss poor today. aj had an absolute shocker, he seems to have lost a yard or two of pace, and that to me is his biggest asset. without it, i dont see what he can add to the team. he cant hold the ball up, his left foot is non-existent. he obviously aint going to outjump anybody. if west ham were to come in for him again, id let him go.

oh i'll start alreight. n when a do, i'll it dee dat ard, eif o one o thee legs u'll fall off.

jayd_efc

Quote from: moysies ginner pubeswe were piss poor today. aj had an absolute shocker, he seems to have lost a yard or two of pace, and that to me is his biggest asset. without it, i dont see what he can add to the team. he cant hold the ball up, his left foot is non-existent. he obviously aint going to outjump anybody. if west ham were to come in for him again, id let him go.
You haven't got a clue have you! You don't think he can add anything to the team. He scored and worked his arse off. He turned bad passes into good ones and was a good general outlet for us today. And of course he's not going to outjump anyone but it doesn't help if were lumping balls up to him.
I've Never Felt More Like Singin' The Blue When Everton Win And Liverpool Lose!!!

BlueBasketballer

I thought that winger of theirs played very well, a well fought victory considering the conditions for proper football were limited

"I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."
L. Trotsky
February 27, 1940

Bluedavey

Thought there no.5 (think Palacios) had quite solid game - one to keep an eye on.

Bluedavey