• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 12, 2022, 12:32:44 pm

Everton V Wigan

Started by andybaker, August 28, 2009, 04:41:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cantoffee

That right there at the end is why fellaini is going to be huge, wonderful skill, little change of speed and a perfect ball.

cantoffee

Bouncer Chris

Quote from: Edityes!!!!! oangf[0WIRHG[IWHJ[PFJvqim-]UWFOJ#ej#[HWB!"!b!!!!!!

I concur with this

Robioto

My favourite Everton players 1994-Present (when I started supporting)
1. Duncan Ferguson
2. Phil Jagielka
3. Mikel Arteta
4. Andrei Kanchelskis
5. Kevin Campbell

rewind

Quote from: bryanThose were two IMPACT substitutions.  Fellaini bossed the field and Jo won the pen with his scorer's nous in the box.

Made my day.

Nabel

Fell played so well today, needs to always play like this.

sixymack

yesssssss   fair play to hibbo outstanding today and rodwell
RIP GATTI

chang

memo to Everton training staff " Please teach Mr. Jo the off side rule" + sell Osman tomorrow, actually just give him away!

Well done lads, stuck to it, Wigan came to kick us, 30 odd fouls, 6 yellows, they didnt desrve anything.....mind you that 6 on 2 had me in a state, well played Pip for forcing the lad wide.

Did Biily get a kick?

Sorry lads have to post dribble as lost all me gold (again) in the betting shop........

Thank goodness we are up and running.

blueToffee

I was surprised by the Fellaini substitution but he was very composed and made a really big impact.

Hats off to Rodwell - best complete game I've ever seen him play. He has staked his place in the starting line up.

Distin, impressive debut. Especially liked how he was often looking to play it along the floor out of the back rather than hoofing.

Dublin Toffee

I still think Jo is shite. Rodwell was ace today

saundawwwwwwwg

fellaini played a great game, as did rodwell. i thought cahill looked much better today, 2-3 chances stopped by good defending. distin looked pretty solid too.

ban(e)g(a)

Quote from: sixymackyesssssss   fair play to hibbo outstanding today and rodwell

3 fantastic crosses and some good passing from tony schubert, very nice. rodwell gets better and better

bryan

Cahill was invisible in my opinion.  Very much out of the action - often far from the ball in midfield.  This match screamed for a creative CM to play along Rodwell, who took the more defensive posture.  Having Rodwell and Neville in midfield won't work without a much more forward thinking creative player there as well.  Arteta would have bossed this game from the opening kick.

I give high marks to Hibbert for his crosses, but he and Osman cost us their goal with a complete lack of defensive positioning on the corner.

Билялетдинов

in fairness it was a good performance, but it was one of those days where nothing seems to go well. thankfully the substitutions changed that and the game was won.

good performances by fellaini (kick up the arse he needed) and jo (shame about the missed chance), but osman was awful.

Mr. Devil

Quote from: bryanCahill was invisible in my opinion.  Very much out of the action - often far from the ball in midfield.  This match screamed for a creative CM to play along Rodwell, who took the more defensive posture.  Having Rodwell and Neville in midfield won't work without a much more forward thinking creative player there as well.  Arteta would have bossed this game from the opening kick.

I give high marks to Hibbert for his crosses, but he and Osman cost us their goal with a complete lack of defensive positioning on the corner.
To be fair, Hibbo was marking his man making a run in the box. Osman was just watching Scharner.

Quote from: Rimbo on Johny Heitinga.Honestly, if this goes through, I'll just about rip my cock off.

Silas

I thought we played poorly on the whole despite dominating possession.  However, as I said earlier in the thread, don't care how we get the 3 points we just needed them and it might give us the boost we need.  Impressed with Rodwell and Fellaini today and thought Cahill tried hard but nothing came off for him.  
"The thing about football â€" the important thing about football â€" is that it is not just about football."  Terry Pratchett

Silas

"The thing about football â€" the important thing about football â€" is that it is not just about football."  Terry Pratchett