• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 12, 2022, 12:26:57 pm

Fulham v Everton

Started by Si, September 09, 2009, 05:13:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Quote from: MIKE_EFCfellaini seriously needs to start doing something because he won nothing in the air out there and he was one of tallest on the pitch.

hietinga was a liability when he came on

yakubu i cannot complain about

osman. osman who???

hibbert was his usual self

and i can't even be arsed with the rest

What about the nice touches and passes he played? Playing in Pienaar when he slipped, the lad isnt a fucking Target man. Just because your'e the tallest on the pitch doesn't entitle you to win every header, Crouch is shite at battling for the ball in the air.

Gareth

bluemanx3

2nd half in the pub knew everton would be beat, if us all evertonians putbets on wot we thougt would happen we''d be millio nairse, i knew we''be beat cos we was playin away from home and danny murphy hates us and  he got away with it the cunt, i will be at home game and fuck im off at corners and dead ball situations

fellainipubes

Quote from: bluemanx32nd half in the pub knew everton would be beat, if us all evertonians putbets on wot we thougt would happen we''d be millio nairse, i knew we''be beat cos we was playin away from home and danny murphy hates us and  he got away with it the cunt, i will be at home game and fuck im off at corners and dead ball situations

could you translate that sober please?  English, French, Spanish...  Any language will do.

Confucius

Quote from: fellainipubes
Quote from: bluemanx32nd half in the pub knew everton would be beat, if us all evertonians putbets on wot we thougt would happen we''d be millio nairse, i knew we''be beat cos we was playin away from home and danny murphy hates us and  he got away with it the cunt, i will be at home game and fuck im off at corners and dead ball situations

could you translate that sober please?  English, French, Spanish...  Any language will do.

lolol
He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with stinky finger..

hibbo the hobo

i hate the way people assume fellaini should just get balls whacked at his head to be effective. Just because a player's tall, doesnt mean hes automatically most effective in the air. He's a good player, a good footballer, and like quite a few lads in our side is getting wasted at the minute.

Ridge

Strange game.
First Half. We passed it well, defended well, but didn't look like we would make many chances in the fulham area. I was expecting Rodwell to have a few more shots and hoped for maybe a few crosses from Baines and Hibbert under the bar to test the keeper. Still we looked in control but didn't seem to have a great deal of urgency going forward.

Second Half. Fulham started much better but no real worries until the deflected goal. After that it just seemed to go from bad to worse, Neville getting injured I think really confused matters. Heitinga looked a bit suspect, not really sure where to go, though he made a decent challenge or two. Fellaini nearly changed things, did more than Jo did in the game with that one through ball to peanuts who fell over. I don't think Baines was aware that Yobo had run with AJ and just let Duff cut inside him like Richard Gere's hamster. Yak looked a bit of the pace and didn't really have much chance, we just seemed to play long ball after long ball to Hangeland's head.

I think Moyes was anticipating we could hold on and maybe sneak another goal, then have a go late on. Just didn't  happen, but he was making similar tactical changes last year, they just didn't work today.

I thought Hibbert and Osman were adequate, but not much more. Peanuts had a game to forget and Baines made a couple of mistakes, but one of them was very costly. Heitinga looked confused and I've seen Rodwell play better, Jack was in space several times, but no one spotted him. I think it was a case of a much better Fulham side second half combined with a disjointed and slightly off the pace Everton team.

Not sure there were too many changes Moyes could make, except maybe telling them to make the pressure pay first half. Hindsight is a cruel mistress, but lady luck can be even crueler.

On a side note, I heard Neville's injury was not as bad as maybe expected. I heard he had a deep gash just below his knee, which made me think of Vanessa Feltz.

Ridge