• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Portsmouth v Everton

Started by Si, September 24, 2009, 10:47:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Si

All chat in here ladies and gents!

Predictions can be made in the Prediction League : http://predictions.nsno.co.uk/
[blockquote=Bob Latchford]I’ve been on the pitch when a team-mate has been on the receiving end of stick from the terraces and it does distract you. It makes you feel uncomfortable and it has a negative impact on performances, when one of your mates is being barracked, it’s hard to focus on the job in hand.[/blockquote]

Si

[blockquote=Bob Latchford]I’ve been on the pitch when a team-mate has been on the receiving end of stick from the terraces and it does distract you. It makes you feel uncomfortable and it has a negative impact on performances, when one of your mates is being barracked, it’s hard to focus on the job in hand.[/blockquote]

westderbyblue

be a lot tougher than last night... id be happy with a 1-0 here, even though they have had a shit start, i never like the early kick offs - the players are always still half asleep!
follow, follow, follow...

blargins

8-0 to us. Saha and a Yak hattrick each, Fellanini and Hibbert the others.
Well, whores will have their trinkets.

.Rimbo.

Howard

Heitinga Yobo Distin Baines

Pienaar Rodwell Cahill Russian

Fellaini

Saha

0-1 (Pienaar)
"You never know how long you are going to spend (at a Club) but what I can say is that I can see myself finishing my career at Everton ... I have been in other football Clubs and I’m telling you this is a special one. People say we are a family â€" we really are."

~ Mikel Arteta, November 2009

http://www.youtube.com/v/DBmZ61e_nVA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1";>http://www.youtube.com/v/DBmZ61e_nVA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">

Dublin Toffee

Pompey actually played OK at Villa last week, I expect it to be tough but 2-0 to the blues a lá Sunderland away last season, Pienaar and Fellaini to score

Gumpinio

Howard
Heitinga Yobo Distin Baines
Pienaar Rodwell Osman Billy
Cahill
Saha

3-1 to us, Saha will get one and  Yakubu will come off the bench and score a brace.

blargins

We owe them for last season too.
Well, whores will have their trinkets.

Purple Aki

We'll either get beat 2-1 (always lose at pompey) or win 4-0 :hmmm:
Osama Bin Laden: World hide and seek champion!

Uncle Fester

dont want to tempt fate - but I think we will batter them

Thom

---------------Howard---------
Heitinga--Yobo---Distin---Baines
Pienaar--Rodwell---Fellaini---Bilya
-----------------Cahill---------------
---------------Saha--------------

Bench: Nash, Hibbert, Neill, Osman, Gosling, Yakubu, Jo

2-0 to us. Saha and Yakubu.

Midfield General

Right feeling confident so i'm gonna go for a 2-0 win.

Yak and Saha to do the damage adding more weight to the 4-4-2 argument. :thumbsup:
Work is the curse of the drinking class!

"How do you expect Lineker to miss from there...He doesn't!" John Motson, F.A Cup quarter final at White Hart Lane, 1986.

paullopez

3-0 to us Saha, Cahill and Rodwell

Gash

Went to Carlisle and watched the CC game. Here's what I said on Other Football Chat.

Went to the game, but you can't really read to much into it with regards to Saturday.

They certainly wern't that impressive, and if Carlisle had taken there chances it could have been a different result. Pompey were good on the break, but Pienaar and Heitinga can have a field day against Belhadj if he plays, he's quick down the left, and good at going forward but pretty poor as a defender.

Hopefully we won't play hoofball, Kaboul and Mokoena mopped up everything Carlisle hoofed at them.

All in all, quite an enjoyable cup game, fair play to the Pompey fans, must have been about 200 of them travelled, and they sang for the 90 minutes, although I could have shoved the various drums and trumpets right up their arses after about 10 minutes.

3-0 to us. Hart sacked on Monday.

Mahoney

I think we will win, but how much are Pompey going to want those points (even if it's a point!!). Sitting at the bottom with no points should give them a kick up the arse to start their season! However, they lack the class players they had last season and we are definitely looking more and more dangerous. Saha to score a brace 2-0.  

Howard, Heitinga, Yobo, Distin, Baines, Pienaar, Rodwell, Bily, Cahill, Saha, Yak

Ridge

5-1
Saha (2)
Captain Yobo
Fellaini
Yak
Distin (OG)
:woohoo:

Ridge