• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

BATE v Everton [Europa League]

Started by Si, September 28, 2009, 07:28:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GLewis

I just don't get some our own fans' seemingly desperate attempts to prove that one of our own players is sh*t.

GLewis

fast lane

Quote from: GLewisI just don't get some our own fans' seemingly desperate attempts to prove that one of our own players is sh*t.

It's a thing I've never understood either.
On a night when we got a good European result, you'd expect everybody to be pleased.
Some feel they still have to knock certain players.
You'd think they;d be more positive.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

Midfield General

I don't get it either it's as if they'd sooner a player fail just so they've got the satisfaction of being right. It pisses me off tbh and Fellaini is not a bad footballer, he had a poor first half last night but his goal seemed to lift him in the second and he looked far better, also as has been documented on numerous occasions he is not  a DM.
Work is the curse of the drinking class!

"How do you expect Lineker to miss from there...He doesn't!" John Motson, F.A Cup quarter final at White Hart Lane, 1986.

GLewis

Quote from: Midfield GeneralI don't get it either it's as if they'd sooner a player fail just so they've got the satisfaction of being right. It pisses me off tbh and Fellaini is not a bad footballer, he had a poor first half last night but his goal seemed to lift him in the second and he looked far better, also as has been documented on numerous occasions he is not  a DM.

To me it's not the fact that he's getting criticised. People have different opinions, fair enough. (Even if they are wrong! ;) )

It's the fact that players get singled out when they have, at worst, been the same or better than everyone else.

ToffeeBlue83

Quote from: blarginsLikewise, a Tim Cahill goal doesn't mask another poor performance,

Eh? I don't care how he plays if he scores the winner every week!

I know Cahills play in midfield is sometimes limited but his ability to arrive in the box at the right time is almost unrivalled in the division.

for that alone he deserves his place in the side, though I admit I think he is more effective pushed on just off the striker rather in a deeper midfield role

blargins

Quote from: ToffeeBlue83
Quote from: blarginsLikewise, a Tim Cahill goal doesn't mask another poor performance,

Eh? I don't care how he plays if he scores the winner every week!

I know Cahills play in midfield is sometimes limited but his ability to arrive in the box at the right time is almost unrivalled in the division.

for that alone he deserves his place in the side, though I admit I think he is more effective pushed on just off the striker rather in a deeper midfield role
If you had read the thread in context, you'd have seen that I was throwing off at the Fellaini bashers for their similar statements.
Well, whores will have their trinkets.

.Rimbo.

Quote from: moysies ginner pubes

tim cahill never cost 15m pounds though did he.

tell me. are you happy with what you see with this lad considering he did cost 15m.

in not one single game since he's been here has he put in what you could define as either an exciting or commanding performance. even a half never mind 90 minutes.

he's just fucking shite and im starting to believe that some people have backed themselves into a corner with their perserverance for defending him that they feel they're going to look stupid if they admit they've got it wrong about him or that he's had enough time and he ought to be doing a LOT more than what he ever does by now.

Does it matter when they cross the white line, though?

They are both two parts of a team; why should more be expected of one than another?
"You never know how long you are going to spend (at a Club) but what I can say is that I can see myself finishing my career at Everton ... I have been in other football Clubs and I’m telling you this is a special one. People say we are a family â€" we really are."

~ Mikel Arteta, November 2009

http://www.youtube.com/v/DBmZ61e_nVA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1";>http://www.youtube.com/v/DBmZ61e_nVA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">

.Rimbo.

"You never know how long you are going to spend (at a Club) but what I can say is that I can see myself finishing my career at Everton ... I have been in other football Clubs and I’m telling you this is a special one. People say we are a family â€" we really are."

~ Mikel Arteta, November 2009

http://www.youtube.com/v/DBmZ61e_nVA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1";>http://www.youtube.com/v/DBmZ61e_nVA&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">