• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

August 09, 2022, 12:50:26 am

Benfica v Everton

Started by Si, October 19, 2009, 09:58:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

toffee_scot

Quote from: blueski
Quote from: AmataIm sorry but if Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool had their first choice back 4 out injured they would probably get took apart by this team tonight.
this.

we've been humiliated but they are no doubt a very very good team

Indeed, you have to give credit to Benfica, they are supposed to have some excellent attacking players and unfortunately they have totally exploited the fact we have virtually no defence.

toffee_scot

Confucius

At least when we lose, we do it properly, No messing around to last minute goals
6-1 Arsenal
5-0 here
Consistency always.
He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with stinky finger..

Silas

Quote from: toffee_scot
Quote from: AmataIm sorry but if Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool had their first choice back 4 out injured they would probably get took apart by this team tonight.
this.

Indeed, you have to give credit to Benfica, they are supposed to have some excellent attacking players and unfortunately they have totally exploited the fact we have virtually no defence.

Yep, only Distin has done any defending at all tonight.
"The thing about football â€" the important thing about football â€" is that it is not just about football."  Terry Pratchett

dunkster

is it over yet cos i turned it off after they scored the fifth.
[yt=width,height]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex thats make's me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN

"thats a lovely accent you have there....New Jersey?"
"no Austria"
"Austria!!!!.......Well gud-day mate. lets put another shrimp on the barbey" - DUMB AND DUMBER

toffee_scot

Thank goodness it's over!

Silas

"The thing about football â€" the important thing about football â€" is that it is not just about football."  Terry Pratchett

blueToffee

Quote from: barongreenback
Quote from: toffee_scot
this.

Yep, only Distin has done any defending at all tonight.

Agreed, its a shame after a fairly comfortable 1st half but Gosling/Coleman/Hibbert were barely there in the 2nd.

fast lane

I wrote that I was fearful for another Fiorentina.
Well it was much worse...
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

Jamokachi

thank fuck that's over

Gash

Boils down to seven minutes of madness at the start of the second half. Once the slide started we couldn't stop it.

Distant Blue

Thank fuck that's over. Makeshift team, and a generally poor performance, I'm sure the Felli bashers will have a field day, and can someone please tell me what the fuck has happened to Tim Cahill?

Gibbsy76

Quote from: Distant BlueThank fuck that's over. Makeshift team, and a generally poor performance, I'm sure the Felli bashers will have a field day, and can someone please tell me what the fuck has happened to Tim Cahill?

Already at it in another thread.  :shakeyheadman:

Thom

Sounds like we were fucking woeful. Lads at work (well, students who watched game) told me that Cahill and Fellaini were both awful, Baines didn't start as he was injured as well and that we only fashioned 1/2 half chances.

Sounds more embarassing than the 5-1 loss to Bucharest.

Amata

We were not that bad Thom, we played some really nice football in the first half and were doing well, we were just lacking that final pass.  Benfica had a couple of half chances but they were not carving us open.  Once they scored the next 2, which were due to errors and defensive naivity, which is to be expected, we just lost our way.
All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind

kewns23

I would like to say first half we played ok, some nice build up work,

second half we were  complete undone by their number 20 who i think we should sign as he is fucking ace

lets hope we can get some of the first teamers back as i think we have been given bad luck with injuries of late,

i dont think many other teams would be able to cope without the players we have lost personal i will be happy with as many points as we can get and start being negitive when we getting outplayed and beat when we have a full strengh side out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roll on jan so we can hopefully get some creative players as we really really need some

kewns23