• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Everton vs Benfica

Started by The Doc, November 01, 2009, 05:58:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridge

I hate the way Fellaini does that Witsel turn away tackle.

Ridge

charlatan

Men against boys again.  Utter shite

Gash

We've looked totally clueless the second half.

Fellaini25

Quote from: RidgeI hate the way Fellaini does that Witsel turn away tackle.

People can say what they like about Fellaini but he is one of the very few players in our team who can put the ball on the floor and actually pass it.

Jamokachi

where has the fight gone? the never say die attitude that has served us so well these past few years. we just rolled over. fucking bollocks to a man in that second half. They deserve a right dressing down.

Risky

Poor 2nd half performance, we're really out of sorts and the result tonight won't help at all.

Having said that, Benfica are an excellent team.  They have the Barcelona thing to their game - they're great on the ball, their movement is superb, and they compliment all the artistry by working really hard all over the pitch and not giving the opposition a chance to settle on the ball.

The sad thing is that the pressure and getting in their faces just wasn't there from us tonight, and that's the very least you would expect.  I'm beginning to worry now that there's an element of thinking that we're good enough that we'll just find our way out of this bad run and win a few games soon, and I'm not sure we're going to do that soon at all.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not going all woe is me we're in a relegation dogfight or anything, but I'm just massively dissapointed that in my eyes we may have peaked over the last 2 or 3 years and now we're falling back away from those "heights".

http://www.last.fm/user/riskycollie"; target="_blank" style="display:block;overflow:hidden;height:20px;width:184px;background:url(http://cdn.last.fm/widgets/images/en/header/chart/recenttracks_regular_black.png) no-repeat 0 -20px;text-decoration:none;border:0;">
http://cdn.last.fm/widgets/chart/19.swf"; codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0"; id="lfmEmbed_1261171572" width="184" height="179"> http://cdn.last.fm/widgets/chart/19.swf"; />

cantoffee

No heart, especially after the goal. We need a win badly, I don't care how we play next game, we just need to win to get some confidence and belief that we actually have the ability to win. This can't continue until we get players back, by then we'll be out of europe and looking at mid table at best.

Gibbsy76

Quote from: Jamokachiwhere has the fight gone? the never say die attitude that has served us so well these past few years. we just rolled over. fucking bollocks to a man in that second half. They deserve a right dressing down.

This.  

Gibbsy76

Quote from: cantoffeeNo heart, especially after the goal. We need a win badly, I don't care how we play next game, we just need to win to get some confidence and belief that we actually have the ability to win. This can't continue until we get players back, by then we'll be out of europe and looking at mid table at best.

This too.  

Fuck passing.  Fuck pretty.  Put the big boys in the box, put the fucking ball in.  Just a bloody win...

charlatan

Quote from: Jamokachiwhere has the fight gone? the never say die attitude that has served us so well these past few years. we just rolled over. fucking bollocks to a man in that second half. They deserve a right dressing down.
You can blame the manager for this.  If he'd stop looking like a child who's pet dog had just died, and whining making excuses about injuries for them, the players that go on the pitch might have a bit more belief and fight.

OK, we have injuries, we are down to the bare bones.  Who's fault is that?  Yes, Billy Bullshitter is culpable.  BUT, so is Moyes.  If he took his tongue out of Bill's arsecrack in pre-season the last few years, instead of making excuses for lying twat, we may have been shut of him years ago.

Sorry, but I'm fucking sick of watching dour hoofball, players unable to string 2 passes together, substitutions made when it's too late every fucking week.

Things have got to change from the top downwards, and fucking quickly.

Ridge

Quote from: Fellaini25
People can say what they like about Fellaini but he is one of the very few players in our team who can put the ball on the floor and actually pass it.
People can say what they like about putting the ball on the ground, but you need to put in the back of the net.

Confucius

Derby is going to be 2 under pressure managers. Benitez and Moyes in the same boat. Not performing in the league, struggling in Europe. Tough times these are boys, tough times
He who goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with stinky finger..

Fellaini25

Quote from: Ridge
Quote from: Fellaini25
People can say what they like about putting the ball on the ground, but you need to put in the back of the net.

Benfica play the ball on the ground, they pass and move. They have scored seven past us over the two games.

Tonight was just dire, I lost count of how many times we give the ball away.

Sprooly

Im not gonna blame moyes because he can only tell the players what to do its the players that just couldnt pass to another blue shirt it happened all game and it was very fustrating

Hibbert just made me pull my hair out at times same as Gosling
Billy i thought was ok same as Baines
Rodwell and felliani were good i thought

But the inability of the team to find a blue shirt was just total shit!

The 2nd goal really did piss me off... if we were on a winning streak that would of been for called for offside but
as things are not going ourway at times it was called as onside

The ref was a fkn joke tho... but we did have a couple of decentish chances mainly cahills first half header argh!

fustrated once again!!!!!!!!

fast lane

There really was class difference between us and Benfica in the two matches.
Benfica are a Champions League team, and we're not.
But the injuries have thrown a spanner in the works, but aside from that, there is little form or self belief.
And that is worrying.
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)

fast lane

Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)