• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Everton vs Benfica

Started by The Doc, November 01, 2009, 05:58:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Benggg

Benggg

cad

Quote from: RiskyPoor 2nd half performance, we're really out of sorts and the result tonight won't help at all.

Having said that, Benfica are an excellent team.  They have the Barcelona thing to their game - they're great on the ball, their movement is superb, and they compliment all the artistry by working really hard all over the pitch and not giving the opposition a chance to settle on the ball.

The sad thing is that the pressure and getting in their faces just wasn't there from us tonight, and that's the very least you would expect.  I'm beginning to worry now that there's an element of thinking that we're good enough that we'll just find our way out of this bad run and win a few games soon, and I'm not sure we're going to do that soon at all.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not going all woe is me we're in a relegation dogfight or anything, but I'm just massively dissapointed that in my eyes we may have peaked over the last 2 or 3 years and now we're falling back away from those "heights".

Good post.
veni veni veni

Rhys

Quote from: ConfuciusDerby is going to be 2 under pressure managers. Benitez and Moyes in the same boat. Not performing in the league, struggling in Europe. Tough times these are boys, tough times

Dont agree. They need a miracle to go through, in all honest we probably only need to beat BATE at home to go through, hardly struggling. We just arent as good a team as Benfica especially without our best 3 players.

dixiesdad

While the performance of the team was pathetic,what about the crowd,once again absolutely awful support,can,t sing/wo,nt sing,fuckiin awful, while we get the numbers home and away we do not get the vocal support of other teams in the prem and especially europe were we are totally embarassing with our 3 song repetoire!!  

dixiesdad